Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

As expected, the DC fans are going to be truly obnoxious for the next few weeks, and behave in exactly the way they accuse MCU fans of behaving.

I think the  term "You are both pretty awful" applies.

My guess BOP will quiet them up. Should make just a bit more than Shazam. Maybe 450

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Not gonna lie, after a year of listening about BP being oh so special and better than TDK cause it got nominated while TDK didn't (back in time when no CBM was going to be nominated), Joker's absolute slayage in both above and below line categories is poetic justice. That said, happy to see CBM included in awards-worthy genres. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

My guess BOP will quiet them up. Should make just a bit more than Shazam. Maybe 450

Given BOP's modest budget,  if true it will stil make a decent profit for Warners..a good, if not great return on investment.

DC is playing a different game then the MCU....they seem to be keeping the budget down on many of their films, which mean it does not have to be a huge blocbuster to make a decent profit. They seem to be going for the double and singles,rather then try for a home run every time at bat.

But they are doing better in the Post Snyder era, no fiascos like JL and and no "successful failures" like BvS and SS. Their filma are are all turning a profit and are generally well liked. DC might well be some serious competition for Marvel.

THough that does not make the chest thumping and bragging by the DC fanboys any better. I thought it was obnoxious when the Marvel fanboys did it, and it is just as obnoxious when the DC fanboys do it.

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I mean it's the kinda dark depressing, brutal violent stuff they like. Million dollar baby killed but I hated that film. I respect it but hate it.

DOn't see 1917 then...…very good movie, but not exactly a feel good movie.

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Given BOP's modest budget,  if true it will stil make a decent profit for Warners..a good, if not great return on investment.

DC is playing a different game then the MCU....they seem to be keeping the budget down on many of their films, which mean it does not have to be a huge blocbuster to make a decent profit. They seem to be going for the double and singles,rather then try for a home run every time at bat.

But they are doing better in the Post Snyder era, no fiascos like JL and and no "successful failures" like BvS and SS. Their filma are are all turning a profit and are generally well liked. DC might well be some serious competition for Marvel.

THough that does not make the chest thumping and bragging by the DC fanboys any better. I thought it was obnoxious when the Marvel fanboys did it, and it is just as obnoxious when the DC fanboys do it.

Agreed at 450 BOP will make enough for a sequel. Could see even 500 but we shall see. Hope it's good. I don't care for the fanware crap. I loved Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I liked Man of Steel but I am pissed at crappy awful synder ruining Superman. Not cool as he's my favorite comic book character. 

Just now, dudalb said:

Hate to say it, but you insist on happy endings, you are going to miss a lot of great films and great literature.

I'm ok with sad endings with purpose with decent closure. Give me Gran Torino like endings and I'm fine. Mystic River or Million Dollar baby? Screw that. I'm ok with missing out.

29 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Not gonna lie, after a year of listening about BP being oh so special and better than TDK cause it got nominated while TDK didn't (back in time when no CBM was going to be nominated), Joker's absolute slayage in both above and below line categories is poetic justice. That said, happy to see CBM included in awards-worthy genres. 

Well BP is better than TDK. Thematically more interesting as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 3

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Well BP is better than TDK. Thematically more interesting as well.

we'll agree to disagree. Intersting part of BP was Killmonger story that was regretably told through dull, charisma-void eyes of the titular hero. It's a story of Simba told by a cardboard lion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i finally watched all of watchmen btw. peaks in the middle but i feel like they botched the last two episodes. loved hong chau in it.

Downsizing is one of the worst films I've seen in the last few years, but I loved Chau in it so it was nice to see her get a lot to chew on with this. 

edit: Last two? I thought the Manhattan episode was the strongest one, even with the weird look

Edited by TMP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Chad DC said:

Sweet tears.

I respect the hell of out Joker and said it's one of the most successful films financially ever. Doesn't mean I want to see it.

Not a marvel Stan. I loved many dc films. Especially original Batman, Batman Begins, TDK, Aqumanan, Wonder Woman, and a couple others for sure. Man of Steel was solid.

Edited by cdsacken