Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

This is why I refuse to "stan" for anything or anybody. I am not going to support a movie for any reason other then it's a good movie.

And I never got being a fan of a huge business anyway.

For me, I am not a fan of the business so much as the world/characters. The difference between that and supporting a good movie is just that when I am a fan of something, I am invested in speculating about future projects, where certain characters will go, and discussing it more often than with other films that I enjoy.

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Like there’s not a single CBM on my top 15 this year (2019), but the MCU/DC bullshit has made it harder to discuss films on here with being labeled as a fanboy/shill/hater/etc.

As for Joker, I personally think it’s one of the worst films of 2019, but if others enjoyed it, I’m at least glad they enjoyed it. 

But you feel the need to say it was horrible over and over again..   That's a bigger "issue" with the site than anything else,  people who feel they weren't heard the first time so they need to repeat their position in every thread.  

As another example,  there's at least 3-4 people in the Oscars thread who repeated they loathed Joker in about a dozen posts each,  they just changed the wording slightly and hit submit. 

I can't imagine too many people wanting to stick around and read threads when it's the same shit over and over. 

Edited by Johnny Tran
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Menor said:

I haven't seen Joker so I have no opinion one way or another on its nominations. I do take issue with people saying it "elevated the genre" and claiming that everyone needs to celebrate the movie even if they didn't like it. I had the same issue when people said Black Panther (a movie which I loved) "elevated the genre", and that everyone had to like it for that reason. I don't consider "elevating the genre" something that a single film can do, and I don't think that CBMs particularly need "elevating" either.

I just have problems seeing the Joker as some great masterpiece of cinema.It's a good movie with a great performance, but "Taxi Driver" and "King of Comedy" have many of the same themes and are better movies.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

But you feel the need to say it was horrible over and over again..   That's a bigger "issue" with the site than anything else,  people who feel they weren't heard the first time so they need to repeat their position in every thread.  

As another example,  there's at least 3-4 people in the Oscars thread who repeated they loathed Joker in about a dozen posts each,  they just changed the wording slightly and hit submit. 

I can't imagine too many people wanting to stick around and read threads when it's the same shit over and over. 

You’re literally doing the same thing right now, about people repeating the same point of view over and over. I literally never said anything about Joker until now and all I said were two things about it, I said I dislike but was glad for others who liked it and that maybe others who disliked it have reasons other than fandom, in fact that’s basically true when talking about any other tentpoles here, there’s either two crowds, you're either a superfan or a shitty hater from the rival studio. It’s the same reason why that Scorsese shit is annoying, where fans vilified a director cause he didn’t like a movie. Hell, I stay mostly in CAYOM cause of that shit.

I do agree about the repetition stuff but what do you except. Yes, I’m not denying people saying “they don’t like Joker” repeatedly doesn’t get boring but it’s an Oscar thread, there’s other films being discussed too y’know and some people don’t like the same films. Joker isn’t the first blockbuster where some people dislike it on the site, and it won’t be the last. That’s just my two senses, I’m too tired to argue right now and have some work I’d like to finish.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Disbelief 1

Why does anyone care if someone loved joker or if they didn’t? If someone thinks it was a masterpiece, then fantastic, if they thought it was shit, that’s fine as well. 

People need to stop acting like their opinions are facts. 

These comments about joker deserving or not deserving these oscar nominations are about as stupid as the black panther ones. We have a lot of hypocrites on the internet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone’s talking about whether Joker or Black Panther or Watchmen elevated the genre, when the biggest, grandest and most epic game changer of all time is coming out tonight!

crisis-on-infinite-earths-finale-poster.

In all seriousness, it’s pretty depressing that this is supposed to be the DC equivalent Endgame. 

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Everyone’s talking about whether Joker or Black Panther or Watchmen elevated the genre, when the biggest, grandest and most epic game changer of all time is coming out tonight!

In all seriousness, it’s pretty depressing that this is supposed to be the DC equivalent Endgame. 

Actually, the DC TV universe has so far done a lot better then the Marvel TV universe.

I gave DC as much hell as anybody during the Snyder period, but since Snyder got kicked upstairs after JL the quality of DC movies has greatly increased . What is important is they have had a string of well liked films which all were box office successes (even Shazam) rather the the mixed results they got when Snyder was the guiding force of the DCU.

They might finally be moving into a position of giving Marvel Studios some real competition.

28 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

In all seriousness, it’s pretty depressing that this is supposed to be the DCTV equivalent Endgame. 

Fixed that for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

hahahahahhahahhahahahahahahhahaha. So embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

why would you blame the movie for the actions of others. (most probably film dudebros) 

I agree, but still, if the Joker loses the Best Picture award the meltdown is going to be something to see.

Bong delivering his first attack piece of the awards season, taking off the gloves!

”"I don't like superheroes at all," he said.

"I think they're a little stupid. I like characters who have to complete missions beyond their own capabilities."

He added that the characters in "Parasite" are more relatable as each person has both strengths and flaws.

"This film doesn't have any villains or heroes. Every character is nice to some degree and cowardly to some degree," he said.

"Weak and worldly, to a certain extent. And that's realistic. That's how we all are. That's how people around us are every day."”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.insider.com/parasite-director-bong-joon-ho-says-would-never-direct-marvel-movie-2020-1

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I agree, but still, if the Joker loses the Best Picture award the meltdown is going to be something to see.

Like the meltdown when it lost the golden globe?

Ironic how all of this toxicity just proves JOKER right. "No one's civil anymore!". This movie is legendary yet people act like it has nothing important to say.