Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 hours ago, Eric Laurence said:

Kings

lol the MCU won the 2010s. Easily. Star Wars came close but then TLJ happened and TROS/Solo followed. But I think Spiderman Homecoming wasn't that good. Hard to get into it after Endgame. We'll see. But right now Phase Four should win the box office for a couple years. 

I overall like the MCU, but don't like a lot of the MCU fans.

• Like 1

I think it's funny that people think Avatar 2 is going to bomb, guess they didn't learn from Titanic and Avatar which people also expected to bomb. And it's really dumb that people say "it looks like a video game" proving that they don't understand what concept art is.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

I think it's funny that people think Avatar 2 is going to bomb, guess they didn't learn from Titanic and Avatar which people also expected to bomb. And it's really dumb that people say "it looks like a video game" proving that they don't understand what concept art is.

Oh, Avatar 2 won't bomb, but it won't be the massive record breaking hit the Cameron fanboys think it will be.

And comparing Avatar and Titanic is iffy, Titanic is a much better movie, and is much better remembered then Avatar is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Months are its release and JOKER still lives rent free in the minds of haters. The greatest film of the 2010s. A masterpiece. I only wish i could go back to October 4 and watch it for the first time again. My life changed after it.

• Not Cool 1

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Oh, Avatar 2 won't bomb, but it won't be the massive record breaking hit the Cameron fanboys think it will be.

And comparing Avatar and Titanic is iffy, Titanic is a much better movie, and is much better remembered then Avatar is.

I was comparing them in the context that both were expected to bomb before release and ended up becoming the highest grossing movie of all time.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Menor said:

Avatar 2 will make a tidy profit but I'd be surprised if it even passes Titanic, let alone the ridiculous expectations of some of the James Cameron fans here.

Edited by stealthyfrog
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

Avatar 2 will make a tidy profit but I'd be surprised if it even passes Titanic, let alone the ridiculous expectations of some of the James Cameron fans here.

I'm more referring to the people on Twitter who say things like "only 3 people will see Avatar 2".

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

"THe Joker" is nowhere the masterpiece of originality some people think it is...it's not doing anything that Scorsese was not doing nearly 50 years ago with "Taxi Driver"and "King of Comedy"  but it's generally well done, if not really original, and Phoenix is incredible as the Joker.

This is called a balanced view, as opposed to the "It's Great" or "It Sucks" opinions that seem to predominate here.

You're just going to have to get over the fact that you are in the minority on this one.  It's okay,  not everyone is going to like everything.  Joker has more accolades than any comic book movies put together.  It's ok.  Tomorrow something else will come out that you can be happy for. 

Posted (edited)

I find some MCU  Fans to be pretty damn arrogant; but Menor goes way too far in what he says.

And, yeah, the whole idea of taking something really popular and bad mouthing it because it makes you seem intellectual and edgy and daring an stuff is ,in the end, just as stupid as blind worship of something.

Then you have the DC fans,who ,even after DC seems to have turned the corner, seem to have a huge chip on their shoulder because the MCU has been overall  (to date) more successful then the DCU. Interesting that DC Studios have done the opposite. stopped worrying about and trying to equal the Marvel universem, and concentrate on making good individual films, with considerable success.

More then enough fan stupidity to go around in every fandom.

Edited by dudalb

6 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

A Morbius trailer is dropping next week apparently. 

#JusticeForJared

#SuicideSquadJoker

#ReleaseTheAyerCut

29 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

A Morbius trailer is dropping next week apparently. 

Question is how many,outside the hard core comic book geeks, will care?

Posted (edited)

I am curious to see how Sony will try to convince the GA that Morbius is one of those superhero movies that they love so much, and not really a vampire movie (a genre fairly popular for decades but not as hot at the moment), no no.

Edited by MrGlass2

3 hours ago, Menor said:

I think it wont bomb but it will be under the original not adjusted. 2-2.5B if China carries it. I also think Titanic does less right now. No more half year box office runs. 

Avatar 2 will be awesome and do great but I can't imagine any of it be a leap visually from the competition. Perhaps a bit better but not much. 12 years for a sequel was a mistake and pissed off a lot of fans.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

I am curious to see how Sony will try to convince the GA that Morbius is one of those superhero movies that they love so much, and not really a vampire movie (a genre fairly popular for decades but not as hot at the moment), no no.

It's not like Morbius was ever any great shakes as a Spidey Villian. Fact is, Marvel did him because the Censorship which had forbidden Vamps in comic books since the mid fifties was falling apart in the early 70's, and Marvel decided to test the waters  with a Vampire Supervillian. First time a Vamp had been in a mainstream comic book since EC Comics and it's legendary horror line of comics vanished in the mid fifties.

Morbius sort of fell into the wayside when Marvel decided, a couple of years later to do and out and out horror comic with it's very successful Dracula series.

Yeah, Morbius never had anywhere near the popularity that Venom had. This whole project has me puzzled. 

Edited by dudalb

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Question is how many,outside the hard core comic book geeks, will care?

I'm a comic geek and I don't care

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

I'm a comic geek and I don't care

I could see taking a chance on a solo Venom movie given how popular he is, but Morbius????? A Second level at best Spidey foe? Could''nt they have found something better in the Spideyverse to make a feature about?

• Disbelief 1

Honestly I hope it kinda tanks. Fringe Dlist villian movies no thanks.

• ...wtf 1

I can’t really picture the Morbius movie doing particularly well. Maybe if it came out back when Twilight was still a thing, then it could’ve done well with those kinds of viewers, but as it stands, it just doesn’t seem like it will have anything going for it. I mean, are vampires even popular in China?