Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Protesters were regularly getting shot in the 60's and 70's. Also, political leaders and one president.

Anyway, this thread is supposed to be about franchise stuff. We should be talking about the insane award run of Joker, that is finally making CBMs respectable.

Black Panther was first. CBM are already respectable. How delusional you are? 

Black Panther literally won Sag Ensemble, a very big achievement. 

8 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Protesters were regularly getting shot in the 60's and 70's. Also, political leaders and one president.

Anyway, this thread is supposed to be about franchise stuff. We should be talking about the insane award run of Joker, that is finally making CBMs respectable.

Imagine conforming to the norm being considered a plus & something to aspire to.

Imagine that.

The Joker is a conformist movie.

Excellent propaganda for the useful idiots.

There s a reason it resonated.

It is exactly what people(not all obviuolsy, but a large chunk) have been trained to want to hear.

Perfect and efficient social engineering.

Todd Phillips has now access to pussies you(we) will only dream of our whole lifetime.

Before The Joker, he was rich.

Now he is an Artiste.

This combination is like meth and cocaine to women.

Todd Phillips is what every alpha male sould aspire to be.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Anyone else remember when WB produced the best comic book movie of all time in 2008? And no, I'm not talking about The Dark Knight. I'm talking about Speed Racer.

You guys act like the portals scene and iron man death scene in Endgame are the most cathartic and emotional things to happen in a superhero movie but this beats any of that by a mile:

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The Joker is a conformist movie.

Excellent propaganda for the useful idiots.

There s a reason it resonated.

It is exactly what people(not all obviuolsy, but a large chunk) have been trained to want to hear.

Perfect and efficient social engineering.

Todd Phillips has now access to pussies you(we) will only dream of our whole lifetime.

Before The Joker, he was rich.

Now he is an Artiste.

This combination is like meth and cocaine to women.

Todd Phillips is what every alpha male sould aspire to be.

Your shtick has gotten old,old,old and has lost whatever entertainment  value it may have had.

If you want to criticize Philips as a filmmaker, fine, I have problems with him myself, but this is pure bs.

And as the saying goes, Militant Non Conformist can be the Worst Conformists of them all.

Edited by dudalb

17 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t know how much of the movie was J.J. Abrams’ fault, but The Rise of Skywalker has made me even less interested in seeing his production company tackle anything DC related.

Yeah , another Abrams rehash of stuff that has pretty much already been done to death.

And, sad to say, that will be just fine to a lot of fans.

51 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Anyone else remember when WB produced the best comic book movie of all time in 2008? And no, I'm not talking about The Dark Knight. I'm talking about Speed Racer.

You guys act like the portals scene and iron man death scene in Endgame are the most cathartic and emotional things to happen in a superhero movie but this beats any of that by a mile:

I mean, that's not even the most emotional scene from the movie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nerfy said:

I mean, that's not even the most emotional scene from the movie.

Oh my god, that scene always has me bawling. Definitely the most emotional scene in the movie. 

The scene were Racer X tells Speed this is also a great moment (epecially upon rewatch when you know that he's his brother):

It doesn't matter if racing never changes. What matters is if we let racing change us. Every one of us has to find a reason to do this. You don't climb into a T-180 to be a driver. You do it because you're driven.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 8:53 AM, dudalb said:

I love the idea that equal rights for Blacks, Women and the LGBT community is now considered to be evil Commie stuff.

FYI

Some light reading for you.

Marcuse's Cultural Marxism, Postmodernist Critical Theory, Relative Constructivism, Pareto principle, Arrow's liberal paradox and 20th Century History of communism.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Lol, he love MCU movies. Thor Ragnarok is his favourite. 

He is talking about dominance of blockbusters and not just MCU. 

Nice bait tho. 

You people try everything to put Marvel down and it only rises up. 

Clickbait headline. 

So QT is now stealing Scorsese's shtick.

I like QT the director, QT  the celebrity not so much. He makes himself look bad with some of his stunts.

I think Scorsese was sincerely trying to make a point, though I think he picked a bad way to do it. But with QT, I think he is just seeking media attention. He has done some stupid stuff before just to bet attention. 

Edited by dudalb

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

So QT is now stealing Scorsese's shtick.

I like QT the director, QT  the celebrity not so much. He makes himself look bad with some of his stunts.

I think Scorsese was sincerely trying to make a point, though I think he picked a bad way to do it. But with QT, I think he is just seeking media attention. He has done some stupid stuff before just to bet attention. 

That headline is so misleading, no doubt it’s that way to create controversy and get clicks. QT literally does not say anything like that nor does he single out Marvel or superhero movies. In fact there is nothing controversial in what he said, that ridiculous website is just looking for clicks. 

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

That headline is so misleading, no doubt it’s that way to create controversy and get clicks. QT literally does not say anything like that nor does he single out Marvel or superhero movies. In fact there is nothing controversial in what he said, that ridiculous website is just looking for clicks. 

You are right, but then QT has often said crap just to get attention.