Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

14 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

This is an awful attempt at trolling but I will say the Star Wars IX early reactions were not that good at all.  Most of us read between the lines and saw that the reactions were lukewarm at best and it wasn't a good sign.  There are phrases to pick up on when a critic isn't outright ready to shit on something.  

Also,  yeah.. your trolling needs a lot of work.  Get back in the lab. 

Shay really needs to put a little effort into his trolling.  He is so damn predictable.no attempt at anything original. He really needs to up his game.

His war on Pixar has gotten boring, and his whole  trying to prove a film that flopped is somehow a great success is old,old,old.

14 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Putting this in here because it's a divisive movie but discussing a certain "anti hate satire" with people who love that movie on Reddit has become another debate where we debate about whether almost all Nazis were bad or not (there's very little evidence to show that large number of people opposed the cause). I'm not sure if these people understand what they are saying.

Like somebody said if everybody in Germany who said...after the war..they opposed Hitler had really opposed Hitler the war would have been a lot shorter.....

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Oskar Schindler wasn't all that bad 

You can say the same about Claus Von Stauffenberg.

Sorry, but the Schindler and Von Stauffenbers were a small, small minority in Nazi Germany.

And a lot of the people who ended up opposing Hitler did so only after it was clear he was losing the war.

I am of German descent myself, but the record of the German People in the 1930;s and 40's will forever be a source of shame to the German people.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Shay, you might be really rich but your opinions aren't facts and you can't look into the future.

Let's hope BoP is good. It is a barren month. (Only thing I like so far about it is Ewan Mcgregor is in it, though.)

However, hoping they pull a Joker or at least a Deadpool is a bit too much, quote me on that.

8 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Let's hope BoP is good. It is a barren month. (Only thing I like so far about it is Ewan Mcgregor is in it, though.)

However, hoping they pull a Joker or at least a Deadpool is a bit too much, quote me on that.

Thank you, Captain Obvious...…...

It's been very clear for a while that another "Deadpool" is what they are pretty much aiming for with this.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

Thank you, Captain Obvious...…...

It's been very clear for a while that another "Deadpool" is what they are pretty much aiming for with this.

Yeah, but I'm saying they can't do it - so they better don't try. Deadpool is one of those inimitable things.

Anyway. I'm getting much more different vibes from their promos - some artsy-fartsy anti-Suicide Squad* with ugly look and a hyena. Only good thing is the hyena.

* which is a mistake; Harley was extremely popular in SS, I know better than anyone else, because I sell merch. Not broken - don't fix it.

• Knock It Off 1

17 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Yeah, but I'm saying they can't do it - so they better don't try. Deadpool is one of those inimitable things.

Anyway. I'm getting much more different vibes from their promos - some artsy-fartsy anti-Suicide Squad* with ugly look and a hyena. Only good thing is the hyena.

* which is a mistake; Harley was extremely popular in SS, I know better than anyone else, because I sell merch. Not broken - don't fix it.

Could you also tell me the lotto numbers for today oh great all-knowing being?

2 hours ago, The Chad DC said:

Could you also tell me the lotto numbers for today oh great all-knowing being?

Like huckstering some merchandise makes you an expert on the film business.

I don;'t think BOP Is going to do anywhere near Deadpool numbers;but it will end up a solid mid level success a la Shazam.

• Like 1

We got the first photos from Del Toro's new version of "Nightmare Alley" and it confirmed what many of us guessed:Del Toro is setting it in the late 30's or Early 40's a la the novel and the 1947original film.

This I now my most anctipated film for whatever year it comes out.

8 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

H&S >> Solo

JW FK nearly beat BP and SW TLJ

3rd one will be billion dollar grosser too. 

Who cares about DC lol

Don't give a shit about Solo or Star Wars. FWIW I was team under Billion for TRoS. Don't know where you get the idea that I care about SW box office. Regarding JW: FK not coming close to BP, well, BP or any standalone film isn't what will compete with main episode/sequel. For those comparison, compare them with Avengers films. Compare spin-offs with standalone films.

38 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Hobbs and Shaw was better than any CBM not named Shazam or Endgame in 2019.

idk. I thought it was one of the worst movies of 2019. Its over reliance on terrible CGI (relative to even the previous films) really bothered me. I'm hoping we get back F&F 5 and 6 type films where its pretty over the top but also grounded enough that it feels kinda real.

• Like 2