Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Joaquin, remember that Leo kid that won all the auditions back in the day ?

Well, in 2020, you wouldn't be the Number 2.

That s what equality of outcome is kid.

You would have ended as an antifa looser smoking weed 24/7.

Careful for what your wish for, Joaquin.

Edited by The Futurist

Who would have thought that one day a comic book movie (a genre until then considered unworthy of genuine acclaim by film professionals) would win so many prestigious awards, and even sweep the Best Actor category on two continents? Phoenix using this platform to spread the good word is just one more reason for everyone to celebrate the unprecedented award run of Joker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

35 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Who would have thought that one day a comic book movie (a genre until then considered unworthy of genuine acclaim by film professionals) would win so many prestigious awards, and even sweep the Best Actor category on two continents? Phoenix using this platform to spread the good word is just one more reason for everyone to celebrate the unprecedented award run of Joker.

Black Panther last year won so many awards. 

I have seen you continously ignoring everything that movie did. 

It's like you don't want to acknowledge it. 

Black Panther won SAG ensemble for fuck sake. 

10 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Black Panther last year won so many awards. 

I have seen you continously ignoring everything that movie did. 

It's like you don't want to acknowledge it. 

MCU stans are adorable when they  get angry...

10 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Kill Religion.

They will give it a new  name.

They will create new sins & a slightly different moral system.

Kill Religion,it always comes back by the back door.

A pastor talked at the Baftas last nigth and his name was

Joaquin Phoenix.

He is Mentally ready to torture himself and do the Passion all over again on Mondovision.

These people think of themselves as such advanced free thinkers.

The land of the Free they said ...

If only they knew ... the poor souls.

I pity them.

Such is life.

You are always a slave to your beliefs.

Almost forgot, the main principle that defines any religious belief system, old and new is always the same :

HYPOCRISY

Painting with a really broad brush, there, mon ami…...

And what you say about religion you can pretty much say about any mass movement,political movements in particular.

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Painting with a really broad brush, there, mon ami…...

And what you say about religion you can pretty much say about any mass movement,political movements in particular.

Yup that s a called a belief system, we give them many names, but they are about the same.

Phoenix has been indoctrinated, as billions of people before him.

It s not his fault.

He is  new puritain 101, a man of Faith.

Deals in absolute, intolerant and hypocritical.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

He should practice what he preaches and fucking reture from acting so he can spare us his woke platitudes.

53 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

not to devalue BP win but SAG isn't what it used to be thanks to inclusion of radio jocks, dj's, music people etc via AFTRA. That's why their overlap with AMPAS has gotten much worse. Also, Ensemble isn't the equavalent to Best Picture. So when it comes to Picture wins, Venice win is stronger than Ensemble. 

But anyway, BP put the foot into door for comic book movies while Joker took it to the next level when it showed that they could be more than just filler contenders, considering that Picture+Director+Script+Editing+Actor put it in Top 5. 

Both are a huge win for the genre, ice broken and now full acceptance. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So when it comes to Picture wins, Venice win is stronger than Ensemble. 

Venice win is chosen by a jury of 7 people (from 20 films in main competition), SAG ensemble is voted on by over 100K members of the SAG-AFTRA union. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

Venice win is chosen by a jury of 7 people (from 20 films in main competition), SAG ensemble is voted on by over 100K members of the SAG-AFTRA union. 

yes and SAG isn't an equivalent to Picture while Venice best picture is Best picture. that's all I'm saying. Joker won a legit Picture award which SAG isn't. It's for Best Ensemble not for best everything that makes a movie the best. Both are worthy awards but there's a difference in what each represents so I'm just clarifying that. 

I just bet big real money on Birds of Prey becoming a moderate cult hit.

Better don't fuck me up, DC!!

For almost all of you who don't know - Harley acquired an overnight stellar popularity after Suicide Squad. It doesn't matter one bit if the film was stupid. Her popularity reached Deadpool, for fuck's sake!

I should know, I'm a big merch seller.

So let's hope this cheapo movie can at least bring back Harley's glory days. I am still positive that it can't make her more popular - but not destroying her would also be OK.

PS: Why post in a Marvel thread - you should ask the mods. I hate DC LESS than Marvel - still banned from all DC threads, including my favourite Joker movie. Genius.

Edited by shayhiri

Just now, RealLyre said:

Capture.PNG

:rock:

A lot of those apple subs are free though. Anyways, wild that Disney+ is huge despite having no good original content lol. Guess the library was a big hit for families 

15 minutes ago, TMP said:

A lot of those apple subs are free though. Anyways, wild that Disney+ is huge despite having no good original content lol. Guess the library was a big hit for families 

It’s not really that wild. Disney has unfortunately monopolized the entertainment industry in the past decade, so they have a lot of content to provide for their streaming platform. Plus, a lot of people love The Mandalorian and that little green gremlin of theirs. Even the guys at RedLetterMedia like the show. 

What I find far more surprising is how many subscribers Apple TV Plus apparently has. Seriously, what the hell does that service have to offer?

• Thanks 1

So Iger implied that Mando characters may get their own D+ spin-offs. 

During an earnings call, Iger revealed The Mandalorian will return in October and will run beyond season two, "including the possibility of infusing it with more characters and taking those characters in their own direction in terms of series."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disneys-bob-iger-teases-mandalorian-falcon-winter-soldier-wandavision-dates-1276326

Edited by Valonqar

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s not really that wild. Disney has unfortunately monopolized the entertainment industry in the past decade, so they have a lot of content to provide for their streaming platform. Plus, a lot of people love The Mandalorian and that little green gremlin of theirs. Even the guys at RedLetterMedia like the show. 

What I find far more surprising is how many subscribers Apple TV Plus apparently has. Seriously, what the hell does that service have to offer?

I just said, apple tv+ is free for one year for people who recently bought apple products. Also Mandalorian was a sub-par show bro.

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

During an earnings call, Iger revealed The Mandalorian will return in October and will run beyond season two, "including the possibility of infusing it with more characters and taking those characters in their own direction in terms of series."

Wait, The Mandalorian has characters?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1