Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Oh and I almost forgot.

You loved the Spotify Suicide Squad soundtrack right ?

Then you will adore the Birds of Prey Spotify Premium soundtrack.

Turned up Too 11.

Goodbye to any kind of good taste in soundtrack in movies.

And your eardrums.

Save us Wondy & Patty, you are our only hope.

Edited by The Futurist

11 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Disney does it to Warner every chance they get.  Its good I like the nasty.

WB lifted the social media embargo of Shazam during Captain Marvel release. 

That was a big sabotage unfortunately for WB opposite happened. 

On 2/3/2020 at 1:10 PM, MrGlass2 said:

Who would have thought that one day a comic book movie (a genre until then considered unworthy of genuine acclaim by film professionals) would win so many prestigious awards, and even sweep the Best Actor category on two continents? Phoenix using this platform to spread the good word is just one more reason for everyone to celebrate the unprecedented award run of Joker.

I'm late but I refuse to celebrate Joker in any way. That Phillips has been nominated for directing/writing awards is laughable. BUT I will admit that Joaquin's BAFTA speech was brilliant and made me soften to him as a person. I'm cool with him sweeping the best actor award this season. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

I'm late but I refuse to celebrate Joker in any way. That Phillips has been noninated for directing/writing awards is laughable. BUT I will admit that Joaquin's BAFTA speech was brilliant and made me soften to him as a person. I'm cool with him sweeping the best actor award this season. 

Joaquin Phoenix has always been a fairly outspoken advocate for social and humanitarian causes. That’s nothing new. It might not earn him the favor of Ricky Gervais fans, though...

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Joaquin Phoenix has always been a fairly outspoken advocate for social and humanitarian causes. That’s nothing new. It might not earn him the favor of Ricky Gervais fans, though...

Sure but in terms in that particular speech, not many white male actors would have the self awareness or humility to say what he said. There was also some nuance to it that made it more impressive. The fact that he likely annoyed the "SJW" crowd (many of whom loved Joker) was a bonus.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

You're tripping

Joker was legitimately the best film of the past decade. Nothing came close

I don't know, I haven't thought about my personal best films of the entire past decade but you'd probably be pretty close. Absolutely phenomenal film!

1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I'm late but I refuse to celebrate Joker in any way. That Phillips has been nominated for directing/writing awards is laughable. BUT I will admit that Joaquin's BAFTA speech was brilliant and made me soften to him as a person. I'm cool with him sweeping the best actor award this season. 

Why is it laughable? The film was incredibly well directed and written, though Phoenix's performance and the score were the clear best components.

Just now, dudalb said:

My Opinion on Joker remains unchanged: It's a good film,not a great one, though it has a great performance by Phoenix.

I think it's one of those films that are more meaningful to some than others. For me, it was the most surreal movie-going experience of 2019. No contest. The way it was acted, written and directed, with the perfect score on top of that, it was just a film that hit every single note for me, as much of a sombre watch as it is.

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I think it's one of those films that are more meaningful to some than others. For me, it was the most surreal movie-going experience of 2019. No contest. The way it was acted, written and directed, with the perfect score on top of that, it was just a film that hit every single note for me, as much of a sombre watch as it is.

Might be a generational thing: I feel about "Taxi Driver" the way you feel about Joker.

People who grew up with the Scorsese films about losers and outsiders in the 80's are simply not going to be as impacted by the Joker the way this generation have been. We have been to that country before.

And yeah, it somber, but then a lot of the great works of literature are pretty damn somber.

And we have another film with a very dark view of humanity coming up with Del Toro's "NIghtmare Alley".

Edited by dudalb

On 2/5/2020 at 4:10 AM, DlAMONDZ said:

You could say the same for Disney+

Verizon is the only reason I have it

Disney gave free subs for an entire year to anyone who has internet with Verizon because when the year is up most of you will forget to cancel that part if you just get auto-renewed since it’s all just bundled into one bill and also so they could brag “look how many freeloaders *cough* I mean super engaged subscribers we got” 

Edited by VENOM
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Birds of Prey keeps on falling on IMDB.

From 6,9 to 6,7 today.

Will they reset the score or just cheat like RT ?

Questions, questions ...

At 3,3/5 on french allociné which for a fan property is very bad.

Seems US critics (french critics panned it harshly) and audiences are seing a completely different film.

Who would have thought ?

Edited by The Futurist

22 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Birds of Prey keeps on falling on IMDB.

From 6,9 to 6,7 today.

Will they reset the score or just cheat like RT ?

Questions, questions ...

At 3,3/5 on french allociné which for a fan property is very bad.

Seems US critics (french critics panned it harshly) and audiences are seing a completely different film.

Who would have thought ?

Not surprised the French critics, who love rapists, hate a movie about women beating up rapists.

• Knock It Off 2

18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Not surprised the French critics, who love rapists, hate a movie about women beating up rapists.

what the fuck goes through your head when you speak out loud dude?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Avatree said:

what the fuck goes through your head when you speak out loud dude?

The Frenchies love Roman Polanski and Luc Beeson (who also made two very questionable and creepy movies) more than even Hollywood does so I think there is nothing wrong with what I said. France in general doesn't seem behind the metoo movement (and one french critic even uses the movement to criticise the movie lol).

And they also love pretentious posturing (no wonder they LOVED Joker). Not surprised they hate this movie.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1