Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 hours ago, RandomJC said:

I'll give my thoughts, though pretty hard to top raping a lesbian henchman into be straight and on your side.

Yet Marnie is worse in that regard - especially since the movie version of Goldfinger really soft pedals that part.

Marnie is also not helped in that Tippi is not a good actress.  She's the very least of the Hitchcock blondes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Yet Marnie is worse in that regard - especially since the movie version of Goldfinger really soft pedals that part.

Marnie is also not helped in that Tippi is not a good actress.  She's the very least of the Hitchcock blondes.

Goldfinger only soft-pedals the lesbian part. Bond still rapes Pussygalore. 

Of course, the third act of Vertigo is fucking disturbing with it's treatment of women too.

11 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Archibald Leach was British.   Born and raised in Bristol to a working class family (and one seriously fucked up horrific childhood)

He re-invented himself as Cary Grant - unique accent included.

Unique is right.   I think he is the only person in history with that accent.   Quite interesting how he did that.

9 hours ago, RandomJC said:

And Arsenic and Old Lace for going insane Cary.

Oooo...I've got to see that one again.

1 hour ago, Orestes said:

Still doesn't explain what was going on in Gunga Din, though. He only had an accent for about half the movie. Maybe the half when he used it, he was trying to do a british accent in an american accent.

Probably in the process of inventing the accent at the time.   He obviously could have used his natural accent if he wanted to.

2 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

The Raid is getting a remake by Joe Carnhan with apparently Frank Grillo in the lead. First reaction was WHY, but now I'm just giving Joe my wait and see mode.

why remake a good and RECENT film.. makes no sense. It's from 2011.

19 hours ago, 75live said:

that maybe tough to answer :P 

It certainly is down to the fucking wire. Connery is just a person who has characters that do a lot of raping. :wacko:

I'm 90% sure you're not supposed to be totally behind Mark in the movie. Which at least makes his actions terrible, but it doesn't glamourise them, unlike Goldfinger.

• Like 1

Finally saw Lego Batman last night and it was good.  Not over the top great, but I had a good time with it.  So I guess to update the list since I'll include it with DC :P 

SW>JW>DC>Marvel>>>>>>>>>>>Avatar

http://collider.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean-2-and-3-defense/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social#gore-verbinski

I couldn't have said any better. Pirates has the most underrated blockbuster trilogy of all time. I fucking love it to death, and I find the notion of people liking Stranger Tides or even whatever Dead Men is better than the original trilogy preposterous. 

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I enjoy Pirates 2 and 3 but they are certainly Gore Verbinski movies through and through. For better and worse.

I fucking adore those two films and they get shit for trying something different with the genre of sequels. I don't really care about any other Gore's movies to be honest, I think he peaked there, like the Wachowski sisters. 

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I fucking adore those two films and they get shit for trying something different with the genre of sequels. I don't really care about any other Gore's movies to be honest, I think he peaked there, like the Wachowski sisters. 

I think the plots got a bit too convoluted and long for their own good, but there's some grand stuff there. They would certainly stick out in today's era of blockbusters.

Pirates 3 is kind of a chore for about 1 hour and 45 minutes, but that last hour is quite the spectacle.

Edited by MrPink

Just now, Telemachos said:

Pirates 1 - good, not great

Pirates 2 - a mess, but fun (and better than the original)

Pirates 3 - a mess, but not fun at all

Pirates 4 - never saw it

This is the same for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Pirates 1 - good, not great

Pirates 2 - a mess, but fun (and better than the original)

Pirates 3 - a mess, but not fun at all

Pirates 4 - never saw it

Pirates 1: Very Good and very fun

Pirates 2:  A mess, not fun (admit it, you think it fun and better because it starts off with hanging children)

Pirates 3 : A bigger mess but some fun

Pirates 4: Didn't see

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2