Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

The Critics were right about the DCU films so far though... 

Says who? 

You're entitled to your opinion, and if you wanna base what you see on what a critic thinks be my guest.

I like to decide what I like for myself though. 

23 minutes ago, YourMother said:

How many razzies does Marvel have?

Not sure but I do know Green Lantern got a few and BvS just cleaned up with 3 or 4 this year alone. Marvel didn't get any.

Warners/DC is sure to lead in the Razzie camp. 

Was nice to see Dr. Strange nominated in one of the technical categories though last night. I think Jungle Book won that one. 

The only reason I happen to know the RT score of a movie these days is because some one posts it a thread somewhere on these boards. Other wise I could care less lol

I watched BvS and SS and made up my own mind about those movies. 

I decided BvS was crap and SS was half a decent movie and half crap. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

See, this is why Suicide Squad shouldn't have won. This shit is going to clog up so many threads on here.

JEALOUS?

Maybe Marvel just sucks ass. I mean, if a "shit" film like Suicide Squad can WIN A GOD DAMN Oscar, why couldn't ANY Marvel film do it?

Because Marvel is generic trash.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

JEALOUS?

Maybe Marvel just sucks ass. I mean, if a "shit" film like Suicide Squad can WIN A GOD DAMN Oscar, why couldn't ANY Marvel film do it?

He didn't say anything about Marvel. Because DS had a lot more competition for the Oscar then SS, but it is good to see a CBM win an Oscar.

Just for lols: DCEU has won more razzies than the MCU which had no razzies.

Edited by YourMother

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Oh give me a break that Rotten Tomatoes is not mainstream

Batman vs Superman Rotten tomato score was like a mainstream meme and trend for weeks lol . 

Mainstream? I didn't see a single meme on facebook regarding RT. Never have.

3 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Mainstream? I didn't see a single meme on facebook regarding RT. Never have.

Sad Afflick gets tens of millions of views  in a few days.

Not Mainstream

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sad-affleck

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

JEALOUS?

Well DC is generic shit with three rotten films so far!

• Like 1

I think we can all agree that the Oscar for best Make-up is clearly more important than BP. It is truly something to be treasured and remembered along with all the other winners in this category.

It will be remembered along with such classics as Harry and the Hendersons, Dick Tracy, the Nutty Professor, Topsy Turvy, The Wolfman, A Series of Unfortunate Events, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Elizabeth, and Mask.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandomJC said:

Should always remember that like =/= good.

Should also remember that it is perfectly okay to like bad movies, and to not like good ones.

I don't agree with that sentiment but I understand why you think that.

35 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Maaan I can't wait to see the WW RT war when that comes out. Its going to blow BvS and SS debates out of the water for sure

I'm pretty sure WW is getting similar reception to MOS, including similar $$$

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I don't agree with that sentiment but I understand why you think that.

You can absolutely like bad films.

And I've seen plenty of good movies that I don't like, but I can tell they are well made, good films that just aren't my type of films. I can't call an entire genre of films bad because I don't like them.

11 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

You can absolutely like bad films.

And I've seen plenty of good movies that I don't like, but I can tell they are well made, good films that just aren't my type of films. I can't call an entire genre of films bad because I don't like them.

You're talking about technical aspects though.

If I hate a movie then I'll call it bad no matter how many people actually liked it. If I love a movie I'll call it good as well no matter how many people hate it.

I'll still respect other people's opinions about it though cause that's all they are, opinions.

Again, I understand why you think the way you do about it and it's fine, it's just not a sentiment I agree on, that's all.

Edited by Arlborn

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

JEALOUS?

Someone got triggered big time here.

Hey, to be honest, any Suicide Squad lover out there probably deserves this moment of redemption, as the movie was so universally crapped on that something like this is truly something to be like "IN YOUR FACE!!!!" for a while. Me, I kinda laughed at SS winning, then was sad that the deserving Star Trek Beyond didn't take it, but ultimately ended happy for Ayer, the winning makeup team and the movie's fans.

That being said, if this is gonna be your trump card forever about SS, instead of actually defending why you think the movie is better than most of us think it is, then let me reign on your parade by saying that it's "just" a Makeup and Hairstyling award. Granted, "just" is an understatement as ANY Oscar for a superhero movie feels like jumping Mount Everest. That being said, take some time to remember that it's not that big deal of a category in the 1st place. Hell, winning in Visual Effects (which also isn't that much of a big deal) will probably get you higher publicity at this point, no matter how obvious of a nominee you'll be for it.

Now before you reign in w/a "UHH HATAHHH!!!! UHH MARVEL DICK SUCKAAAA" comment, I'll totally give SS props for doing the one thing Marvel hasn't done since Spider-Man 2, winning an Oscar that is :rofl: But please, don't make this a Marvel shitting parade. Enjoy the party! Surely you'd hate it if Doctor Strange won the Oscar and Suicide Squad went empty handed, and everyone that loved DS and hated SS went all ballcutter on the "opposing" side. I get it that you want vindication for all of the shade throwing, but don't get so petty like THAT about it.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 3