Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, IronJimbo said:

What I meant is that if it makes 550-600 Domestic it is likely to make more than TFA did world wide (2.01b?)

I'll update it then if this is your true prediction, although like I said before. If it makes $800m Domestic, it is likely to make more than $2.8b World Wide.

My true prediction for A2 is $120M-$150M OW, $600M domestic, and $2B worldwide.

I personally think the first phase of DCU will be the peak as I think the films have turned off to many to really expand in sequels.

Meaning films that are a novely will do well like a Batman film or a Wonder Women film.

However I think films like JL or SS2 wont increase from the originals or not much at all.

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

My true prediction for A2 is $120M-$150M OW, $600M domestic, and $2B worldwide.

Ok dude but it's making much more than that..

yourmother My true prediction for A2 is $120M-$150M OW, $600M domestic, and $2B worldwide. 120-150 600 2000 04/03/2017 http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/20455-franchise-wars-marvel-vs-dc-vs-star-wars-vs-etc-discuss-the-academy-award-winning-motion-picture-suicide-squad-in-this-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2892317
Edited by IronJimbo

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I personally think the first phase of DCU will be the peak as I think the films have turned off to many to really expand in sequels.

Meaning films that are a novely will do well like a Batman film or a Wonder Women film.

However I think films like JL or SS2 wont increase from the originals or not much at all.

JL will do anywhere from $350M-$400M, I do think Aquaman could do $300M, if SS2 has the barren August release date, it'll do $400M.

36 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I can tell you.

if A2 fails (lol ye right) I'll abandon ship and replace this hobby with fishing or something

550-600M? That sounds like more than The Force Awakens World Wide. Jimbo holds the top 3 spots, is there anything this man can't do? Why do other even try to replicate his success. Only talent beats talent, cookie cooker films with television directors will never stand a chance.

Overpeforms? To me this is like $4b WW but say if it was to make $3b WW I would start by making a thread with a list of Avatar predictions with dates. I have 40 entries already.

my list tells me you predicted 500-800dom and 1.7-3B world wide about a week ago

You keep lists? Holy crap.

Add this to it: 650m DOM, 2.5M WW

27 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

yourmother My true prediction for A2 is $120M-$150M OW, $600M domestic, and $2B worldwide. 120-150 600 2000 04/03/2017 http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/20455-franchise-wars-marvel-vs-dc-vs-star-wars-vs-etc-discuss-the-academy-award-winning-motion-picture-suicide-squad-in-this-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2892317

OW: 300M

DOM: 2B

WW: 5B

Happy now?

34 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Hey can you turn my $2B WW prediction to $2.4B WW.

41 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

OW: 300M

DOM: 2B

WW: 5B

Happy now?

unless you accounted for the domestic becoming china by the end of 2018 that's a troll post!

34 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Hey can you turn my $2B WW prediction to $2.4B WW.

sure

45 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

You keep lists? Holy crap.

Add this to it: 650m DOM, 2.5M WW

only for Avatar 2 box office and started it a couple weeks back. Avatar 2 release will be a huge event so I thought seeing what everyone predicted would make it more interesting, the list ain't necessarily just for the "haha told you so" factor.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 5:05 PM, ChipMunky said:

It means it won an Oscar.

Which means what?    Nothing.   Awards for art are meaningless.   Hitchcock never won a single Oscar for Best Director.    Cary Grant and the Marx Brothers had to get "special Oscars" after they retired.    When has there ever been an Oscar ceremony where people agreed with the results?

Similar comparisons would be that SS has the Joker...which no MCU film has.   But of course Civil War had Capt America, which no DCU film has.    All these are also "facts" but aren't measures of superiority.

On 3/2/2017 at 5:05 PM, ChipMunky said:

No, Affleck is not sad about the RT score. He's sad about the interviewing saying it hasn't had good reviews. The RT score was only added to the video after the fact. Sorry.

You do know that the RT score is about reviews, right?   ;)   (There is usually a RT watch as reviews come in on this very board for new tentpole movies)

On 3/2/2017 at 7:25 PM, Eevin said:

Suicide Squad's Oscar means nothing, and anyone comparing it to Marvel should stop. Suicide Squad's award was for Best Makeup and Hairstyling, which means it excelled in that particular area. And good for it. But it's in places like the screenplay and the acting and pretty much everywhere else that the film collapses. An MCU film may have never won an Oscar, but its combined individual characteristics make them objectively better than movies like Suicide Squad.

That's why Passengers isn't a better movie than Silence because it was nominated for two Oscars compared to one. That's why Moonlight won Best Picture even though La La Land got 14 nominations - individual parts of a film may work and work brilliantly, but by comparing films you have to look at the entire spectrum. If you were to say, "Suicide Squad has better makeup than The Force Awakens because it won an Oscar", you might be justified in saying so. But if you were to say "Suicide Squad is a better film than The Force Awakens because it won an Oscar", you can't make that claim on that basis. Same goes for DC vs Marvel.

I'd argue there's one Oscar that you can make that justification with, which is Best Picture, which no comic book film has ever been nominated for. So let's stop using this as an excuse to put down Marvel. 

That's what is so silly about the Oscars...you can't even really say that.    It's just a particular group of people who thought the hair and makeup was better than TFA.    Ask a different group of people and they might say TFA had better hair and makeup.    Which group is right?    What exactly is "better hair" or "better makeup"?   How does one go about measuring that?

I can't believe this thread isn't filled with Logan vs TDK yet, cause I've seen that talk in a lot of other threads during the last two days.

All hail to IronJimbo for his mighty power of keeping every thread centered on Avatar. :worthy:

• Like 2

This is so true. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason a certain director walked away from a CBM recently, for example.

Spoiler

:sadben:

We all love hearing scoops, and I'm just as guilty of that as any other fan, but things do seem to be getting a tad out of hand when it comes to CBM. A lot of clickbait bullshit out there.

Ps: For those who don't know, Mangold is the director of the masterpiece of the CBM genre currently at the movie theaters.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, vc2002 said:

I can't believe this thread isn't filled with Logan vs TDK yet, cause I've seen that talk in a lot of other threads during the last two days.

All hail to IronJimbo for his mighty power of keeping every thread centered on Avatar. :worthy:

hey this is an avatar thread too

14 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

Which means what?    Nothing.  1- Awards for art are meaningless.   Hitchcock never won a single Oscar for Best Director.    Cary Grant and the Marx Brothers had to get "special Oscars" after they retired.    When has there ever been an Oscar ceremony where people agreed with the results?

That's what is so silly about the Oscars...you can't even really say that. 2-   It's just a particular group of people who thought the hair and makeup was better than TFA.    Ask a different group of people and they might say TFA had better hair and makeup.    Which group is right?    What exactly is "better hair" or "better makeup"?   How does one go about measuring that?

If awards are meaningless then RT scores are meaningless too. The group of people responsible for the awards in the Oscars (6300 people) is way bigger than the group at RT (400/500 people).

A great director might not win in his life time but that does not mean the ones who won have meaningless awards. Suicide squad won the Oscar for make up. That makes it great character design wise. Many people went crazy about the characters and how they were designed all over the world even before the movie was released. Wining an Oscar does not mean it's the best movie to ever be made,but that doesn't mean it's meaningless either. Wining an Oscar means that many people thought something about this movie was good and unique enough to win an Oscar. It's a good thing. It's a thing to be proud off.

Edited by Emerald kikyou
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Honestly I think that both Wonder Woman and Spider Man Homecoming will disappoint, both seem pretty generic.

What numbers do you think for both? I see one of the two underperforming.

9 hours ago, Arlborn said:

This is so true. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason a certain director walked away from a CBM recently, for example.

Reveal hidden contents

We all love hearing scoops, and I'm just as guilty of that as any other fan, but things do seem to be getting a tad out of hand when it comes to CBM. A lot of clickbait bullshit out there.

Ps: For those who don't know, Mangold is the director of the masterpiece of the CBM genre currently at the movie theaters.

Much respect! Sadly , it's not going to stop anytime soon. I would rather leave the director happy and stress free than hammer him with negative news and reactions even before the movie release.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Emerald kikyou said:

If awards are meaningless then RT scores are meaningless too. The group of people responsible for the awards in the Oscars (6300 people) is way bigger than the group at RT (400/500 people).

A great director might not win in his life time but that does not mean the ones who won have meaningless awards. Suicide squad won the Oscar for make up. That makes it great character design wise. Many people went crazy about the characters and how they were designed all over the world even before the movie was released. Wining an Oscar does not mean it's the best movie to ever be made,but that doesn't mean it's meaningless either. Wining an Oscar means that many people thought something about this movie was good and unique enough to win an Oscar. It's a good thing. It's a thing to be proud off.

Exactly....RT scores are meaningless too.   It's just the opinion of a group of people.   Bigger or smaller group doesn't matter.

There is no way to measure art.     1000 people can say something is good and if one person thinks it's bad...then that opinion is perfectly valid for that one person too.    The art will be bad to that one person.

There has never been an award for art that meant anything.   There will always be arguments about it every time they try to hand out an award for art and claim it is "better" than other art.    Check out the ballots for those 6300 people who vote on the Oscars and see how few of them agree on what the "best" was.   I'll bet you would almost never have two ballots with the same opinion.   That should tell you something.

The "proud of" part is where all this started.   "Artists" are notoriously needy about being praised and validated.   So decades ago they decided to start giving out awards for their movies.   Makes them feel "important".    Just vote on it... which ever movies get the most votes will be "better".  Just don't talk about all the votes for the other movies that are apparently "worse".   The people who voted for those movies must be "wrong".

It's all very silly, hasn't ever proved anything, and pretty much just causes arguments.

Edited by Harpospoke

9/11 was an inside Job according to Conspiracy Theory nut jobs.

Manchester by the Sea is a monumental piece of filmmaking according to MC & RT.

Edited by The Futurist