Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, rukaio101 said:

To be honest, I don't really care whether or not Batman 'should' kill people in comics/movies/whatever. There are reasonable arguments both for and against it. Ultimately it just comes down to how well it's actually done in-story. And it was not done well in BvS

Basically, there are two big reasons Batman killing people in BvS does not work from a narrative and audience standpoint. First of all, this is the first major Batman movie following the massively popular and successful Nolan Trilogy. In said Trilogy, one of the biggest and most obvious themes was Batman's rule against killing, which was very heavily emphasised in the first two movies and directly tied to Batman's ideology. BvS may be a reboot of the character, but that doesn't mean people are going to magically forget his other portrayals in popular culture. And when the Nolan Trilogy spent so long making the 'No-Killing' rule a central core of the Batman character, you have to take it into account when doing later iterations. You can't just flip 180 to Batman offhandedly killing people with barely any care and then act surprised when people have an issue with it. Sure, they probably could've gotten away with it in BvS if they provided reasons, directly called it out and made it clear that it was a sign Batman was going off the rails more and more, but that would require some level of actual competent characterisation.

Secondly though, it's a problem because the second scene Batman clearly kills people (the warehouse) is supposed to be after his big character change, post-Supes fight, where he's supposed to have softened and realised his mistakes and that he's going too far. All of which is then immediately thrown out the window when he clearly kills several of the thugs he was fighting without any apprehension or remorse, showing he hasn't softened at all. It completely undermined his own character arc. Which is bad. Obviously.

So yeah. It's not Batman killing people which is dumb, just the way they did it. Same goes for Superman killing Zod in MoS. You're welcome to guess which inappropriate character they'll mishandle in JL to fill the quota.

The Flash. hands down he's the worst handled of any of the Leaguers

The main problem with the DCEU is not characters/tone/or even Synder, the problem is writing. Although MCU has become somewhat cookie cutter in structure, they've had decent to good writing. Hell if they kept BVS TC the same but wrote it better, it would have been excellent.

IMO for superhero franchises: XCU > MCU > DCEU, however I see all of their entries in theaters.

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

How? We only seen him once in Suicide Squad.

I'm talking about how they'll treat him in JL. I have little faith that the Flash will be treated well, at all. It's hard for this grim and gritty "realistic" world to handle a character who is a pure embodiment of hope.

Cinematic Unverses (2008 and beyond) scoring:

MCU: B+ (11/14 are C+ to A, 2/14 are D+ to D, 1/14 is an D-)

XCU: A- (7/11 are B- or A+, rest range between C to F)

DCEU:  C- (1/3 is a C+, 2/3 are C- to D)

Lego: A- (2/2 so far are at least an B+, TLM is A+)

Kongzilla: C+ (Kong: B- Godzilla C-)

Edited by YourMother

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

I'm talking about how they'll treat him in JL. I have little faith that the Flash will be treated well, at all. It's hard for this grim and gritty "realistic" world to handle a character who is a pure embodiment of hope.

You mean Superman? I will decide whether or not the DCEU is good enough on June 2nd. I still have some faith in the DCEU, Flash from trailers at least seems to be the heart and the source of levity for JL, however tone isn't the problem, writing is.

4 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Cyborg going to be on top of the shitty cake, believe.

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

You mean Superman? I will decide whether or not the DCEU is good enough on June 2nd. I still have some faith in the DCEU, Flash from trailers at least seems to be the heart and the source of levity for JL, however tone isn't the problem, writing is.

No, I mean Flash. Barry Allen got the blue ring during Darkest Night, not Superman.

4 minutes ago, Nosferatu Zodd said:

Cyborg going to be on top of the shitty cake, believe.

Certainly if his design is anything to go off of, but I think Flash will be the worst treated. (Could be cause I like Flash more, and Cyborg is a meh character for me)

15 minutes ago, Nosferatu Zodd said:

Apologists need to stop thinking everything is a nitpick. And the UC changes nothing.

So many reasons for the fight to have never happened.

How about Batman being the "world's greatest detective" for a start?    Superman shouldn't have to explain anything to Batman.   Bats has been obsessed with Supes for over a year and he doesn't even know that Supes is a good guy?....or even the name of his mother?   Supposedly Batman knows everything about his opponents with the "planning".   Yet this Batman apparently did all his research on Supes by watching CNN.   He couldn't even figure out kryptonite on his own...Luthor did it for him.

The basic flaw behind the whole idea of Superman and Batman fighting.   Catch 22.   If Supes is rogue and needs to be killed, Batman has no chance and will be dead in seconds.   If Superman is ok and is holding back so Batman can stay alive, there is no need for them to fight in the first place.

They based a movie around the most illogical premise in comics so the movie had little chance.   It actually required them to make both characters dumb.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

No, I mean Flash. Barry Allen got the blue ring during Darkest Night, not Superman.

Certainly if his design is anything to go off of, but I think Flash will be the worst treated. (Could be cause I like Flash more, and Cyborg is a meh character for me)

I still have some faith though. JL seems more fun than BvS. I have to read Darkest Night (was it good). 

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I still have some faith though. JL seems more fun than BvS. I have to read Darkest Night (was it good). 

Probably the best Mega cross over in the last decade or so. (Don't really bother with Brightest Day though)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

So many reasons for the fight to have never happened.

How about Batman being the "world's greatest detective" for a start?    Superman shouldn't have to explain anything to Batman.   Bats has been obsessed with Supes for over a year and he doesn't even know that Supes is a good guy?....or even the name of his mother?   Supposedly Batman knows everything about his opponents with the "planning".   Yet this Batman apparently did all his research on Supes by watching CNN.   He couldn't even figure out kryptonite on his own...Luthor did it for him.

The basic flaw behind the whole idea of Superman and Batman fighting.   Catch 22.   If Supes is rogue and needs to be killed, Batman has no chance and will be dead in seconds.   If Superman is ok and is holding back so Batman can stay alive, there is no need for them to fight in the first place.

They based a movie around the most illogical premise in comics so the movie had little chance.   It actually required them to make both characters dumb.

They should've just done the Batman Animated and Superman animated crossover for the whole concept of the story. Not stupid 1 vs 1 fight, it was just Batman following the trail of joker who stole an expensive artifact from the Gotham museum which is made out of kryptonite and he went to Metropolis to make a deal with Luthor. Bats ended up confronting supes for like 5 seconds and got his ass handed to him but it eventually showed how both of these characters were different yet came together to fight for a common goal. Straightforward story no convuluted bull crap, no extra things added in they kept it just to Metropolis. WB would have probably even made more $$$ on this movie had they done this instead with both Joker and Lex the 2 most well known villains on the big screen facing the 2 most well known heroes.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

They should've just done the Batman Animated and Superman animated crossover for the whole concept of the story. Not stupid 1 vs 1 fight, it was just Batman following the trail of joker who stole an expensive artifact from the Gotham museum which is made out of kryptonite and he went to Metropolis to make a deal with Luthor. Bats ended up confronting supes for like 5 seconds and got his ass handed to him but it eventually showed how both of these characters were different yet came together to fight for a common goal. Straightforward story no convuluted bull crap, no extra things added in they kept it just to Metropolis. WB would have probably even made more $$$ on this movie had they done this instead with both Joker and Lex the 2 most well known villains on the big screen facing the 2 most well known heroes.

This. The Batman v Superman concept was so unnecessary, especially for only the 2nd film in the DCEU. Whoever is planning the arc of the DCEU totally messed up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

They could've prevented Iron Man from fighting Captain America if neither of them weren't such a BITCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah, all it took was finding out his friend's best friend murdered his parents to make his temper flare up. What a BITCH!

Lol.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Yeah, all it took was finding out his friend's best friend murdered his parents to make his temper flare up. What a BITCH!

Lol.

Right. Exactly. A little bitch. His "friend". When were Captain America and Iron Man "friends" in the films? They NEVER got along. He acts more childish about his parents than whiny ass Batman.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Right. Exactly. A little bitch. His "friend". When were Captain America and Iron Man "friends" in the films? They NEVER got along. He acts more childish about his parents than whiny ass Batman.

I know the post I'm quoting is basically fanboy squealing. But still...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

People who honestly disliked Batman v Superman will eventually come to their senses. A lot of them have, in these past few months. In time when people look back at 2016, BVS and La La Land are going to be remembered as the movies that defined the year. Its reputation is only growing since release, and it will continue to do so.

Civil War on the other hand is only downhill since.

Ya right. BVS is still bad with the UE.

• Like 1