Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

20 hours ago, Alli said:

Just wanna say Marrvel movies made a mistake not giving the love interest in their movies, a more substantial role. WW proved that people wanna see the love story too, not just the good guys fighting the big baddie at the end.

That's why WW is an atypical cbm. it connected to women on a massive level because of the love story.

I have to disagree here. Marvel's best perform movie, Avengers has 0 romance storyline. 

In my opinion, you either have a decent romance story line, or you have none of it.

All of Marvel's love stories are half baked and lazy written(even Cap and Peggy, it's better than the rest, but not decent enough), that's the problem here.

Edited by jf8350143

17 hours ago, YourMother said:

From my short time on IMDB, if you ask me I think fanboys from both sides are insecure that if the opposing brand does well, everyone will magically hate their favorite brand and/or their films won't do well. When in actuality a good and huge CBM at the box office helps keep CBMs for both sides alive and keeps people excited to see the next one.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2017 at 11:05 AM, Alli said:

Just wanna say Marrvel movies made a mistake not giving the love interest in their movies, a more substantial role. WW proved that people wanna see the love story too, not just the good guys fighting the big baddie at the end.

That's why WW is an atypical cbm. it connected to women on a massive level because of the love story.

Not just Marvel movies....when is the last time there was a decent love story in a super hero movie except for Deadpool?

Capt America 1 had a great chance to do it, but it amounted to nothing more than a single kiss as he is flying off to his doom.   Their relationship never got beyond the flirting stage before that.   Somehow Jenkins managed to get Diana and Steve pasting the meeting and flirting stage to full blown romance in just one movie under the same constraints TFA had (the need to get the character ready for the upcoming ensemble movie).   And frankly, I think Peggy was a heck of a lot more interesting than Steve Trevor so it was a wasted opportunity.

I'm with you on this one.   Jenkins proved it could be done and it does add to the movie.

On 6/14/2017 at 0:31 PM, Cochofles said:

That, and the fact that...it stars a woman. :D 

That would suggest that it's ok to be more interested in a movie just because the star is the same sex as yourself.   That would also mean it's ok for a person to be less interested in a movie where the star is the opposite sex.   You may not want to start down that path.   Not very PC.

57 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm starting to care less about Civil War upon rewatching.

It's in my list of movies that I enjoy, but can fast forward through some little chunks. Not like Fast 8 where I need to cut through every non-action scene.

On 6/15/2017 at 3:17 PM, Harpospoke said:

That would suggest that it's ok to be more interested in a movie just because the star is the same sex as yourself.   That would also mean it's ok for a person to be less interested in a movie where the star is the opposite sex.   You may not want to start down that path.   Not very PC.

Whether it is ok or not, and whether it is PC or not, the reality is that it does happen (and that's ok).

And before anyone says that I am saying "People will only see movies about people who look/are like them!!"...just stop. I am not saying that.

I am saying that, yes, it is human nature to gravitate towards those with whom we have stuff in common, and yes, some people will choose entertainment that reflects themselves. 

The sixth time I watched Wonder Woman, I watched it with a co-worker who happens to be very particular about the films she watches: she never watches superhero films, she rarely watches action movies, and when I asked her about it, she told me that the only reason she saw WW was because it was a female superhero. She only watches TV that is female-centric, and her favorite film of all time is Titanic. She also said that she loved Mad Max: Fury Road (one of the rare action films she will watch) because of...surprise, surprise... Imperator Furiosa.

Personally, I will watch anything that appeals to me, regardless of the gender, race, or color of those invloved, but I would be lying if I told you that female-centric entertainment does not catch my attention more often than male-centric stuff.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Don't be so naive, these kind of videos on youtube are ridiculous.

Writers and filmmakers know all of this already.

The guys who do them probably think they have amazing insight but they truly don't.

• Like 4

That video is so shitty. It's basically an anti-MCU video that barely brings up WW. You could literally replace WW with any well received "dark" movie and the video would be the same.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Everyone's favorite part of Civil War is my least favorite. I hate the airport scene. I don't think it fits in the story at all and I hate that Spider-Man is even involved. It's horseshit. I love pretty much every other aspect of Civil War but the airport scene is so tonally jarring it just sucks. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Don't be so naive, these kind of videos on youtube are ridiculous.

Writers and filmmakers know all of this already.

The guys who do them probably think they have amazing insight but they truly don't.

Well, they say a broken clock is right twice a day

31 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That video is so shitty. It's basically an anti-MCU video that barely brings up WW. You could literally replace WW with any well received "dark" movie and the video would be the same.

Salty.gif

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

It s even worth than I thought then.

Good, Wondy has quite a lot of MCU DNA so the irony is amazing.

I mean it s a pretty decent remake of The First Avenger.

:shades:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

The MCU-ization of the DCEU is now complete.

I always said the Dark Knight Trilogy was the worst thing that ever happened to the DCEU and history proved me right.

I don't think Nolan uses the word "fun" ever, in interviews or otherwise and that led to tragic assumptions in the Warner/DC camp.

Since last year, all people connected to the DCEU, directors, writers, actors and producers, have been using the once taboo "F" word.

Glad they finally got the memo from audiences.

:ca::shades::rock:

Edited by The Futurist