Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Believe me he will

Given how many predictions you have made that did not work out...like how huge a hit "Ghostbusters 2016" would be.........forgive me if I don't believe you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Given how many predictions you have made that did not work out...like how huge a hit "Ghostbusters 2016" would be.........forgive me if I don't believe you.

I don't remember saying that, but either way it's still Sony's biggest movie domestically in the last 12 months and also the biggest of all comedies since its release in America. It was a big hit domestically, Sony failed to market it overseas.

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I don't remember saying that, but either way it's still Sony's biggest movie domestically in the last 12 months and also the biggest of all comedies since its release in America. It was a big hit domestically, Sony failed to market it overseas.

Still it's impressive and kind of sad for Sony's film division but I can see a huge rebound this summer with Homecoming and maybe Emoji. Even its holiday films have massive potential, The Star and Jumanji. 

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's his opinion. No need to question, "discredit" it or undermine it...

And by the way, I was the one who thought GB16 would be huge. :P

I have the [spectacularly failed] club to prove it:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21322-ghostbusters-2016-over-90-million-ow-over-300-million-domestic-failure-but-failing-only-makes-us-stronger/

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Still it's impressive and kind of sad for Sony's film division but I can see a huge rebound this summer with Homecoming and maybe Emoji. Even its holiday films have massive potential, The Star and Jumanji. 

I hope they rebound, I'm rooting for their Spider-man universe to be big especially if it brings new ideas to the superhero genre like Fox did with Deadpool and Logan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

It's his opinion. No need to question, "discredit" it or undermine it...

And by the way, I was the one who thought GB16 would be huge. :P

I have the [spectacularly failed] club to prove it:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21322-ghostbusters-2016-over-90-million-ow-over-300-million-domestic-failure-but-failing-only-makes-us-stronger/

Is this your untitled Micheal Mann Cyberthriller over 100m in China club?

So here's why there are no Xmen in the new Marvel V Capcom

"We talked with Marvel very closely about their future roadmap, about what's gonna be happening. Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther. You know what I mean? Captain Marvel may seem like a strange pick, but she's fantastic. She fits the gameplay. She fits the story, and they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie. We're trying to take everything into account and choose the best characters."

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/video_games/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-features-no-x-men-because-producers-dont-think-you-remember-them-a152077

He aint lyng, but still...

1 minute ago, AJG said:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/video_games/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-features-no-x-men-because-producers-dont-think-you-remember-them-a152077

This is why Dragon Ball Fighters Z will be a better Marvel vs Capcom game than Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. Fucking Christ Capcom and Disney

17 minutes ago, AJG said:

Apparently modern day Marvel fans don't know who Wolverine is or Deadpool, who just had a film that made more money than most of the MCU lol. This guy is a clown. I will be avoiding this game like a plague. 

26 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

LOL, what? So people forgot Wolverine now? :rofl: 

Marvel tend to start merchandizing characters when the money becomes too good to ignore. I fully expected Deadpool to be in the game and I'm surprised he isnt considering how much Marvel push that character (there's even a Deadpool cartoon from Disney/Marvel coming up). Wolverine merchandise has been in and out of favour with Marvel for the last couple of years. Fantastic 4 is pretty much dead to Marvel at this point too.

As for the rest of the Xmen the guy was right. GOTG and Black Panther are more recognisable to kids under 18 than Xmen. More kids today recognize Star Lord compared to Cyclops.

Edited by AJG

• Community Manager
11 hours ago, AJG said:

And modern video game fans know who Capcom characters are? :ph34r:

• Like 1