Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

23 hours ago, JB33 said:

Hey, I've got the same feeling about George as you do. I think he gets trashed way too relentlessly and unfairly, given he's the godfather and the mastermind behind Star Wars. I just don't think he's much of a writer or director. He's a great storyteller who has a gift for creating this stuff and it's best when other artists take those stories and ideas and refine them.

There were some elements of the story of TFA I wasn't the most fond of, but I loved everything else about the film and am excited beyond belief for TLJ!

TLJ will be great. Rian Johnson is a good creative composer who seem to know how pictures work and how to let a film breath. 

6 hours ago, AndyK said:

Pretty much everybody has called IM3 a bad movie.

EVERYONE? 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man_3/

79% all critics on RT, average rating 7/10, 78% audience score, despite the vitriol from the silly flame wars. Iron Man 3 is fucking amazing. Iron Man 2? Sure, I'll give you that. But saying that "pretty much everybody has called IM3 a bad movie" is alternative facts at its very best. 

• Like 3

http://www.thewrap.com/joss-whedon-feminist-hypocrite-infidelity-affairs-ex-wife-kai-cole-says/

'There were times in our relationship that I was uncomfortable with the attention Joss paid other women. He always had a lot of female friends, but he told me it was because his mother raised him as a feminist, so he just liked women better. He said he admired and respected females, he didn’t lust after them. I believed him and trusted him. On the set of “Buffy,” Joss decided to have his first secret affair.'

Let's all hope that this article won't affect movie critics' reception of Justice League ! 

Let's all hope that the actresses in Justice League were not disturbed by Joss!  

• Sad 1

Whedon cheating?
No one will give a shit about that except for haters and maybe the ultra feminists.
First group was never gong to watch it, second group will be going to JL to see Wonder Women kick loads of ass in a movie again.

1 hour ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

http://www.thewrap.com/joss-whedon-feminist-hypocrite-infidelity-affairs-ex-wife-kai-cole-says/

'There were times in our relationship that I was uncomfortable with the attention Joss paid other women. He always had a lot of female friends, but he told me it was because his mother raised him as a feminist, so he just liked women better. He said he admired and respected females, he didn’t lust after them. I believed him and trusted him. On the set of “Buffy,” Joss decided to have his first secret affair.'

Let's all hope that this article won't affect movie critics' reception of Justice League ! 

Let's all hope that the actresses in Justice League were not disturbed by Joss!  

This is heartbreaking. Not really because of Joss, not really because I'm a fan of his work, not just because he wrecked this woman's life, his once time wife. It's heartbreaking because we live in some very difficult times, and I know that as a man I speak from a place of privilege.

I've hurted women too, and I do my best to destroy my inner misogynystic self - destroy, not deconstruct, I think that no men are really "awoke" or whatever is the buzz for that these days - but I'm human. I'm fallible. And I know that this is a touchy subject but it needs to be talked about, not really here, but in society: in the end, we are all very flawed people. Not just men but women as well. We cheat, we hurt, we commit mistakes. But that doesn't mean that we aren't striving to be better people. There's nothing inherently hypocrite about that. This is coming from a guy who literally just cheated one girlfriend his entire life, but that still haunts him until this very day. And what I feel I know it's nothing close to what I've made her go through, and thinking about that hurts. It's not the only way that you can hurt someone, and I'm aware that I've hurted emotionally other women in my life, I'm aware that I was mean, that I've hurted them. But I was hurt too. Like it happens in any kind of relationship. It guts me to see that lately society as a whole is losing sight on that and way more interested in witch hunting. Boo-hoo, Whedon was an awful husband. Yes, people are awful. All of us aren't all the time good people. That's life. I don't think victimization and turning everything problematic are the solution for anything. And I say this as someone that sees himself as a person with progressive views. I'm sorry if my line of thinking isn't good enough for what is politically correct, but I don't give a fuck either. We are all screwed up awful people trying to be better. Relationships end, like everything. Feeling awful about that and not trying to be better isn't the answer to anything.

I just shrug at the Whedon story.

The idea that having affairs makes you anti-feminist is just baffling, do they think women don't have affairs?

Feminism is about equality of the sexes and that means both men and women having equal rights to have affairs.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I just shrug at the Whedon story.

The idea that having affairs makes you anti-feminist is just baffling, do they think women don't have affairs?

Feminism is about equality of the sexes and that means both men and women having equal rights to have affairs.

Human beings are terrible. Breaking news. 

I haven't looked at Whedon as a "perfect" feminist in years. I've had deeply complicated feelings about Whedon way before this cheating news because he is a smug bastard who's feminism hasn't progressed since the mid 90's. The people who are horribly disappointed in him weren't paying attention. Whedon is very talented but a lot of the criticism he gets as an artist is dead on.