Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm worried about Gal, Amy, Amber and Diane Lane. I hope none of them were sexually harassed on the set. Jesus, what a nightmare. Guess that Batgirl movie won't happen now...

Dude wasn't outed as a sexual predator. He cheated on his wife. People cheat each other. It happens. Whedon is a talented filmmaker that cheated his wife. It's not like he was accused of rape or sexual harassment.

15 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Where the fuck is the JL thread? People on Twitter are calling for a boycott 

A boycott of the JL thread?

Wouldn't help if we had the JL thread.  Once it comes back talk about Snyder's and Whedons personal life's will not be allowed.

All it does is lead to the lovers/haters of the individual directors using it to try to prove a point.

Case in point... @Napoleon's post above worried about worrying about the females on the set of JL being harassed.

There is a world of difference between having affairs and sexual harassment.  Trying to peg Whedon as a sexual harasser is the kind of crap that got the initial thread locked.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Dude wasn't outed as a sexual predator. He cheated on his wife. People cheat each other. It happens. Whedon is a talented filmmaker that cheated his wife. It's not like he was accused of rape or sexual harassment.

Its kind of implied (no actually she quotes him as saying so) that Whedon used his producer power to sleep with multiple actresses. Now, this isnt anything unusual in  Hollywood...it happens all the time. But it does show he is something  of a fraud. As far as I'm concerned any actresses  he worked with  multiple times is suspect. (Glau, Acker, Dushku, Day,etc ) and he always had a affinity for some actresses over others in a almost creepy way (see, Hannigan)

And now I remember  a article from  a few months ago about the casting couch which just so happens to include a actress from a independent  movie Whedon produced around the same time he and wife first seperated. 

http://ew.com/movies/hollywood-sexism-casting-couch/zoe-kazan

The Big Sick star Zoe Kazan recently spoke out about her experiences with sexual harassment on set, and noted that it starts with the audition process, where there's pressure to "give 'blowjob eyes'" and "be flirty" with a director or a producer. "There'll be auditions where they'll say, 'Wear something body-conscious' and then you’re aware that they're checking out your body," she said. "You leave the situation feeling not good about what just happened, but you don't really have the language for why. You feel like, if you said something, it would reflect badly on you."

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

A twitter boycott has never hurt a movie. Twitter boycotted Wonder Woman because Gal Gadot is from Israel and that in no way harmed the movie. Stop treating Twitter boycotts as if they mean anything.

And there's like some tweets from DCEU fans saying that people better not boycott it. One saying that he will boycott Avengers movies. Don't blow stuff out of proportion, mates. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

Last time I checked, DC Comic's Amazonians are a fake nationality.

They fans that boycotted Gal might as well boycotted Henry Cavill for not being by a real life alien Kryptonian.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Its kind of implied (no actually she quotes him as saying so) that Whedon used his producer power to sleep with multiple actresses. Now, this isnt anything unusual in  Hollywood...it happens all the time. But it does show he is something  of a fraud. As far as I'm concerned any actresses  he worked with  multiple times is suspect. (Glau, Acker, Dushku, Day,etc ) and he always had a affinity for some actresses over others in a almost creepy way (see, Hannigan)

And now I remember  a article from  a few months ago about the casting couch which just so happens to include a actress from a independent  movie Whedon produced around the same time he and wife first seperated. 

http://ew.com/movies/hollywood-sexism-casting-couch/zoe-kazan

The Big Sick star Zoe Kazan recently spoke out about her experiences with sexual harassment on set, and noted that it starts with the audition process, where there's pressure to "give 'blowjob eyes'" and "be flirty" with a director or a producer. "There'll be auditions where they'll say, 'Wear something body-conscious' and then you’re aware that they're checking out your body," she said. "You leave the situation feeling not good about what just happened, but you don't really have the language for why. You feel like, if you said something, it would reflect badly on you."

I won't begrudge any guy for being a horndog (whatever), but yes, if he used his power, influence, and Hollywood clout to coax starlets into sleeping with him, his so-called feminism is a fraudulent FAIL. If a lot of his work is informed by feminist ideals (powerful women having complete agency over their bodies and control of their destinies) and yet he uses his I-Can-Help-You-Make-It-In-Hollywood-Baby mojo to persuade women to fuck him, then he is a hypocrite and again, a fraud.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

A twitter boycott has never hurt a movie. Twitter boycotted Wonder Woman because Gal Gadot is from Israel and that in no way harmed the movie. Stop treating Twitter boycotts as if they mean anything.

But that TFA boycott kept it from making 3 Billion WW instead of a measly 2B. 

• Haha 1