Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

So, now from franchise war, this has become which director respects women most. Nobody is perfect. Natalie portman, someone who has spoken lot about sexism in industry defended polanski. She still is a feminist IMO. No comment about this joss whedon thing, as I don't know much details.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

So, now from franchise war, this has become which director respects women most. Nobody is perfect. Natalie portman, someone who has spoken lot about sexism in industry defended polanski. She still is a feminist IMO. No comment about this joss whedon thing, as I don't know much details.

DCEU directors are held to higher standards.... :sadben:

• Like 1

Nolan's a good director but his female characters are lack luster most of the time. But then again he hasn't claimed to be a feminist god like Whedon has and it would be laughable if he did. That still doesn't negate that he's a great filmmaker even though his female characters are trash and yes that dead wife trope is creepy. He's a far worse director and not perfect when it comes to female portrayals but I've always been of the mindset that at least Zack Snyder has an interest in female characters, unlike some far more talented big directors.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Bernthal truly looks like a force of nature as Punisher. He already did that when he was Shane, he did that on DD's season 2 but holy shit does he looks frightening as fuck here. Punisher ISN'T a superhero, and it seems that he pushed the show to not play him as such. Stoked as fuck for this. 

13 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

This is heartbreaking. Not really because of Joss, not really because I'm a fan of his work, not just because he wrecked this woman's life, his once time wife. It's heartbreaking because we live in some very difficult times, and I know that as a man I speak from a place of privilege.

I've hurted women too, and I do my best to destroy my inner misogynystic self - destroy, not deconstruct, I think that no men are really "awoke" or whatever is the buzz for that these days - but I'm human. I'm fallible. And I know that this is a touchy subject but it needs to be talked about, not really here, but in society: in the end, we are all very flawed people. Not just men but women as well. We cheat, we hurt, we commit mistakes. But that doesn't mean that we aren't striving to be better people. There's nothing inherently hypocrite about that. This is coming from a guy who literally just cheated one girlfriend his entire life, but that still haunts him until this very day. And what I feel I know it's nothing close to what I've made her go through, and thinking about that hurts. It's not the only way that you can hurt someone, and I'm aware that I've hurted emotionally other women in my life, I'm aware that I was mean, that I've hurted them. But I was hurt too. Like it happens in any kind of relationship. It guts me to see that lately society as a whole is losing sight on that and way more interested in witch hunting. Boo-hoo, Whedon was an awful husband. Yes, people are awful. All of us aren't all the time good people. That's life. I don't think victimization and turning everything problematic are the solution for anything. And I say this as someone that sees himself as a person with progressive views. I'm sorry if my line of thinking isn't good enough for what is politically correct, but I don't give a fuck either. We are all screwed up awful people trying to be better. Relationships end, like everything. Feeling awful about that and not trying to be better isn't the answer to anything.

Don't over think it.  It's just biology.   The human species has a ridiculous sex drive.   That's probably why we survived as a species in spite of how hard it is for us to make babies successfully. (compared to other species)   Our babies can't even take care of themselves for up to 2 decades.

We are programmed to want to have sex with as many people as we can.   If other species had that trait, they would have sex non stop.   That we manage to get other things done is a tribute to our restraint frankly.

Has anyone seen a picture of Whedon?    Imagine him growing up...   It must have been like a kid in a candy store when he got into a position where women were suddenly becoming available to him.

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

I won't begrudge any guy for being a horndog (whatever), but yes, if he used his power, influence, and Hollywood clout to coax starlets into sleeping with him, his so-called feminism is a fraudulent FAIL. If a lot of his work is informed by feminist ideals (powerful women having complete agency over their bodies and control of their destinies) and yet he uses his I-Can-Help-You-Make-It-In-Hollywood-Baby mojo to persuade women to fuck him, then he is a hypocrite and again, a fraud.

Yeah if he was coercing women into sleeping with him that's different.   But women also throw themselves at powerful men.   It's all part of the biology.

7 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Don't over think it.  It's just biology.   The human species has a ridiculous sex drive.   That's probably why we survived as a species in spite of how hard it is for us to make babies successfully. (compared to other species)   Our babies can't even take care of themselves for up to 2 decades.

We are programmed to want to have sex with as many people as we can.   If other species had that trait, they would have sex non stop.   That we manage to get other things done is a tribute to our restraint frankly.

Has anyone seen a picture of Whedon?    Imagine him growing up...   It must have been like a kid in a candy store when he got into a position where women were suddenly becoming available to him.

Yeah if he was coercing women into sleeping with him that's different.   But women also throw themselves at powerful men.   It's all part of the biology.

And honestly, there's nothing inherently bad about that. I had opportunities throughout life of women literally banking on me. Clients, girlfriends and etc. I didn't go through because that's not how I tick. I know women that could do the very same thing, and they didn't. I know other men that could do the same thing, and they didn't. But I know that the opposite also happens, and I'm not sure how is that bad as long as it isn't hurting anyone. People aren't that gullible like some wanted to make out here. It's not like Whedon got accused by an actress of sexual harassment like it happened with Singer. He was accused of being a cheater, a bad husband and an hypocrite. I'm sure his hardcore fans are disappointed. I'm not one of those, so who is going through the most rough time are the parties involved, especially his ex-wife and his kids. 

And the media continues! Zack Snyder's movie cut is unwatchable .. blah blah blah

some people fight over Joss and Snyder ,others go: Joss will make the movie better and the good will from Wonder Woman and all those feminists that supported will help JL.

The media: Joss is a fake feminist , let's boycott people!

:redcapes:

9 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

And the media continues! Zack Snyder's movie cut is unwatchable .. blah blah blah

some people fight over Joss and Snyder ,others go: Joss will make the movie better and the good will from Wonder Woman and all those feminists that supported will help JL.

The media: Joss is a fake feminist , let's boycott people!

:redcapes:

That was one of the most desperate rumors.

Zack Snyder is the guy who filmed the "unfilmable" Watchmen, who made Superman relatable. He's not an amateur, he would never deliver a unwatchable movie.

4 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Man of steel superman is the most relatable superman has ever been. It is also the best superman movie by a long mile.

I completely disagree with both of those assessments, but that's just me. Opinions are opinions, after all.

Can't we all just forget about Snyder, Whedon and who ruins what, and celebrate how spoiled we are as comic book movie fans? Just...... just for one moment, everybody unite.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

I like MOS but it disappointed at the box office and had a mixed reception because of real easily fixable issues. That is why we didn't get a proper sequel and I'll be surprised if we ever do at this point. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6