Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 minutes ago, AndyK said:

The DC source material from the comics has been a shared universe since 1941, so I guess there has never been a DC movie character which hasn't been in that shared universe.

Neither Burton's Batman, Schumacher's Batman or Nolan's Batman took place in a world that Superman, Wonder Woman or the others existed. Same for Raimi's or Webb's Spider-Man, etc. 

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

Neither Burton's Batman, Schumacher's Batman or Nolan's Batman took place in a world that Superman, Wonder Woman or the others existed. Same for Raimi's or Webb's Spider-Man, etc. 

How do you know?

Because you never heard any reference to them in the movie?

If they cut the first and last couple of minutes of WW, would that not make it non DCEU?

4 minutes ago, AndyK said:

How do you know?

Because you never heard any reference to them in the movie?

If they cut the first and last couple of minutes of WW, would that not make it non DCEU?

Reportedly in Nolan's take, and this kind of argument is so jarring. The MCU changed how these films work, I'm just not interested on "pure" standalone films anymore. I don't mind standalones that work like IM3 and WW though. 

There is a DC universe, and a particular DC shared cinematic universe.

Movie that share element that are from other particular movies, not just DC universe related.

Maybe there some point about all the movies being by definition in the DC universe yes, but not what is called a shared movie universe. Nolan Batman share nothing with Suicide Squad/BvS they are in a different movie world, with a different set of rules and established element, batman are 2 different batman, 2 different jokers, Batman parents are different, Alfred and so on.

HA once again Kevin, Diamondz and KJsooner made the mistake to believe the Negative FAKENEWS pertaining DCEU from all these clickbait articles. And they again had to all rectify their mistake and that. Their movies will of course be All set in the same DCEU universe including Reeves BATMAN trilogy starring Mr Batfleck himself. like it also said in the news. All these clickbait sites LMAo are really making a fool out of themselves every single time. Suckers!

1 minute ago, mredman said:

HA once again Kevin, Diamondz and KJsooner made the mistake to believe the Negative FAKENEWS pertaining DCEU from all these clickbait articles. And they again had to all rectify their mistake and that. Their movies will of course be All set in the same DCEU universe including Reeves BATMAN trilogy starring Mr Batfleck himself. like it also said in the news. All these clickbait sites LMAo are really making a fool out of themselves every single time. Suckers!

Reported.

I'm sick of this type of posting from you. 

You need to grow up.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Emerald kikyou said:

Correct me if I'm wrong , but wasn't the shared universe thing in existence way before Marvel did it? Even TV had that since long ago. I am just confused on why people treat it as if it was never attempted before. Star Wars did it on film , Buffy the Vampire slayer did it on TV. 

Daredevil/Elektra is arguably the first superhero universe, although Superman was referenced in its spin-off Supergirl.

The Batman movies don't have to have any of the other heroes in them or be filled with tons of references to DCEU events, or whatever. So long as they're actually part of the DCEU. That's my simple take.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JB33 said:

The Batman movies don't have to have any of the other heroes in them or be filled with tons of references to DCEU events, or whatever. So long as they're actually part of the DCEU. That's my simple take.

Exactly.

Comics have done that since day one.

Heroes have their solo books and do their solo adventures and still are part of the team books.

Fanboys have not had a problme with that ever.

Why is it suddenly such a crime that a solo superhero film can do its own thing and still be part of an interconnected universe?

I suspect the GA will not give a shit either.

As long as the films are entertaining, the audience will be there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Exactly.

Comics have done that since day one.

Heroes have their solo books and do their solo adventures and still are part of the team books.

Fanboys have not had a problme with that ever.

Why is it suddenly such a crime that a solo superhero film can do its own thing and still be part of an interconnected universe?

I suspect the GA will not give a shit either.

As long as the films are entertaining, the audience will be there.

Cocho, you know that this isn't about not being ok to be a "standalone". Wonder Woman is a "standalone" solo Diana's film. The problem has always been he saying that it was "not conneceted to the extendeded universe". Reeves thankfully clarified, but what he said it sounded exactly what everyone was thinking after hearing it. 

Reeves just had a poor choice of words that is all. 

And whether Affleck leaves or not they won't announce until after JL has come out so I'd stop worrying about films in "development" and look forward to ones that have release dates and are currently in production like Justice League and Aquaman. Judge DC for the films they ACTUALLY release.

• Like 1

I think it's fine having the solo Batman movie basically be a stand alone without a ton of connections to the rest of the DCEU. 

Gvol2 had very little connection to the larger MCU and it did pretty well lol

Batman can stand on his own just fine. 

8 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

I think it's fine having the solo Batman movie basically be a stand alone without a ton of connections to the rest of the DCEU. 

Completely agree on that. It serves to any character from any shared universe too. What I didn't want was another auteur take where Batman is alone and nothing else is ever mentioned or not really connected. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

We ll assume Batman lost his Batphone and his Justice League numbers, still doesn't have a Batcloud Back up.

• Haha 1