Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, Napoleon said:

Days of Future Past is not only a great movie, but also better than anything from the MCU. Don't @ me.

If you said Logan, I'd agree. Days of Future Past is in my top 10 for CBMs though.

https://www.pscp.tv/elmayimbe/1yNGampBallGj?

El Mayimbe has streamed a periscope today and there are SEVERAL tidbits on it that are interesting, here it's the summary:

• No delays for Justice League's release date, confirmed yesterday;
  • "No comment" on Justice League's test screenings, which for those following knowing long enough means that yes, they happened;
  • About Thor or the League winning the box office, he says that "Thor is leaner", confirming that Thor is 130minutees;
  • Matthew Vaughan saying that he'd direct Superman is him negotiating through the press for the third Kingsman, he wants his Kingsman trilogy;
  • He heard a "crazy rumor" about who could be playing Batman next, says that we won't have a confirmation if Affleck is in or out until winter/2018, now it's all about protecting and marketing Justice League to open;
  • Lord/Miller doing a DC movie? Who knows, they are doing a TV pilot right now;
  • Says that the Justice League marketing should start in the next couple of weeks and to trust WB's marketing, they know what they are doing, maybe a trailer for JL in NYCC;
  • He is watching Blade Runner 2049 next Friday morning at a press screening;
  • Gotham Sirens not cancelled;
  • Asked if Snyder would do one of the Elseworld films, he say he doesn't think that Snyder is gonna ever be allowed on WB's lot again(!) (That's strong and came out of nowhere) - after that he was asked again and said he was "joking guys, joking", but no, it didn't look like that;
  • He's excited for Drew Goddard's X-Force (Duh);
  • Aquaman trailer probably with Justice League;
  • Too early to directors/screenplay talk for Justice League Dark right now;
  • Think Venom it's still happening but he can't talk about Venom because it's a conflict of interest since the director is his girlfriend's boss so he's staying far away from any stories about that;
  • Nothing on Silver and Black yet;
  • Way too early for frontrunners for Nightwing;
  • Justice League reshoots are done, they are in post-production;
  • If all goes well, getting the script right and if the studio approves, Batman should go in production on Summer 2018, it could move, but that's what he is hearing where they are planning;
  • Thinks Gavin O'Connor is a solid choice for Squad 2 (I agree);
  • And here's what might be some great news for Justice League, he first says that press screenings for JL should be two to three weeks before the films release, and then says that he thinks they will see it next month;
  • Inhumans is terrible (I agree - and I haven't even seen it yet);
  • Would like to see Tom Cruise as Hal Jordan (I don't like Cruise but I didn't like Downey at one time and I kinda could see this working);
  •  Apparently in Justice League there will be two Green Lanterns. It's on Joss Whedon's version of the script (it makes sense since they literally mentioned the Lanterns on the last trailer), let's see if it sticks. The name is all weird and stuff but it's not Abin Sur;
  • He respects Borys Kit track record as a Hollywood scooper a lot;
  • He had something on Captain Marvel but still working on it;

It's kinda mindblowing how big Umberto got. He isn't as good as Borys Kit or Justin Kroll just yet, but he compensates with enthusiasm and basically being THE geek scooper in Hollywood. Also, the fact that he isn't spoiling too much stuff (I still think his MJ is Zendaya and Green Lanterns in JL scoops are a tad too much, but other than that I'm mostly okay with his reports since he started working with TheWrap) and actually having the tools to confirm/deny stuff has come in handy to scare rumors away when it comes to blockbuster films. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

21 hours ago, mredman said:

i have no clue where to put these awesome news. So here it goes. Matthew Vaughn confirms MoS sequel talks. This confirms the news about Vaughn was true and this pretty much confirms a MoS sequel was always on the table and its only kept quiet because of Supes is dead to the world right now and after JL when SUPES is back to the PUBLIC we will get the announcement

https://heroichollywood.com/vaughn-man-steel-sequel-director-talks/

Hope that is true.   Something tells me the MoS sequel would be a vast improvement.   I think "dark Superman" is a thing of the past after Wonder Woman.

18 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

with that said, I wouldn't be opposed to Fox keeping making X-Men films without Marvel Studios if only they were as good as Deadpool and set in that same universe. That'st not what we are getting at the moment though. 

Can some of the old timers that talk with me chime in about this? @Cochofles, @Captain Craig, @Harpospoke, @druv10?

I have to give Fox credit for Logan at least.   But I'm honestly holding off on giving them credit for Deadpool until I see Deadpool 2.   My impression was they had little interest in DP and just gave them a small budget with a "Do what you want".    But now?   I think they care and that could be bad news for DP2.

I was sorta rooting against the Sony Spidey films because they were bad after Spider-Man 2 imo.   Homecoming is pretty big proof that Marvel can do their characters better than the other studios to me.   Starting with the casting.   Holland is an inspired choice.   Marvel normally nails the casting.    

Also we see what happened to Daredevil and Punisher when they went back to Marvel.   Just imagine what they could do with the X-men.   You can bet Cyclops and Storm wouldn't be side characters with them.   And Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde,  and Colossus would definitely be in the movies.   How about a Rogue that isn't pathetically mishandled?    A Marvel version of Angel, Beast, Mystique, Iceman, and Jubilee?   Yes please!  

Also the freedom Marvel has to NOT make a movie is a big deal.   Sony and Fox have to make movies whether or not there is a reason to make a movie.   That's a terrible thing for those characters.   Marvel can make those decisions based on logic and audience demand....Fox and Sony make them based on keeping the rights.

The only thing that's really saved Fox over the years is that they did a great job of casting Prof X and Magneto.    Their version of "hunk Wolverine" works for audiences too because of Jackman's charisma....but I would love to see Marvel actually bring the real character to the screen.    

But the movies not doing well might not be enough.   Fox is actually considering another FF movie?   That is astounding.   Who would do that?    Some of these rights might take decades to get back after the characters are completely used up.

10 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

https://www.pscp.tv/elmayimbe/1yNGampBallGj?

El Mayimbe has streamed a periscope today and there are SEVERAL tidbits on it that are interesting, here it's the summary:

• Would like to see Tom Cruise as Hal Jordan (I don't like Cruise but I didn't like Downey at one time and I kinda could see this working);

Yikes.    Maybe 10 years ago at best.   He's 55 now.

• Like 1