Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

One movie, a tv show, a bestseller, and a sequel in development makes a franchise though.

This thread is about Movie Fanchises, not media franchises.

Otherwise we might as well add food franchises into the mix.

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm sure WB is running the numbers to see if they can get away with splitting It part 2 into 2 movies.

That was one of my first thoughts, add more flashbacks so that in total between half and 2/3rds of the trilogy is about the kids' stories. That'll bring more of the audience back as well I think.

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, AndyK said:

This thread is about Movie Fanchises, not media franchises.

Otherwise we might as well add food franchises into the mix.

There's a movie entry (and another movie in the work) and that's good enough for this thread.

With the next installment covering the last(?) of the book I think we all know future Pennywise Chapters will come regardless of remaining source material.

They may not call Chapter 3, 4 etc IT but instead Pennywise. It would be a good demarcation point of adaptation vs creating new lore. Pennwise/IT just became this decades new horror franchise de jour!!

Not happening, Stephen King owns the IT property not WB, and King isn't going to let them bastardize his work like that, he is still pissed about how Hollywood handled the Shining movie. Edited by Mojoguy

Since comic news tends to get shunted to this thread as part of "franchise wars"...I wanted to mention the current IDW series Clue to all the comic readers on here.  I know they are planning a Clue movie remake of some sort, and if they don't hire the writer of this comic to help oversee the movie, they'll be missing an amazing talent.  The author of this series is writing a home run - it's exactly like the 1980's movie, but done in a whole new way perfect for the 21st century...it's tone perfect, yet original, funny, yet actually mysterious...it's my favorite miniseries comic of 2017 so far, and I've read a lot of them:)...now, maybe the ending will ruin it (like what happened with the Luke Cage tv series), but right now, as of issue #4, I'd give this comic series an A.  Even with its genre deaths, it's even appropriate probably for kids down to ages 9-10...

Please, please, please movie makers...if you're gonna remake Clue, drop your current "span the globe" plans and read this series...I LOVE the Clue movie, and I would LOVE another movie in the spirit of this comic series... 

5 hours ago, YourMother said:

You're dead to me a2k.

Reveal hidden contents

:) Something about LegoM didn't stick for me in the end. Started off great but got a bit repetitive after some time.

The MCU (& Sam Raimi maybe) is the only place in the world that truly understands what comics & superheroes are about, they just want to make you believe in these characters and these worlds exist without any of the following traps  & schticks that have been plaguing the genre for too long now :

1. No transcending bullshit : TDK's Trilogy were Michael Mann's worship movies I am sorry to announce, superheroe movies they were not, barely maybe.

Hod do you recognize someone who doesn't like or care for superhero movies ?

Their favorite superhero trilogy is the Dark Knight : best Trilogy Evah Bruh !

2. No post modernism crap : Love You Still Zacky.

3. No lame grit for dudebros : Deadpool & Logan can buttfuck each other or slit each other throats for all I care.

The MCU is just pure, a cynicism free zone, kids' dreams & visions put on celluloid with moving pictures & sound with a little help from charismatic actors & dazzling VFX and spectacle.

And visionary directors.

And, gasp !, HUMOR & Joie de Vivre !

:ca:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

The MCU (& Sam Raimi maybe) is the only place in the world that truly understands what comics & superheroes are about, they just want to make you believe in these characters and these worlds exist without any of the following traps  & schticks that have been plaguing the genre for too long now :

1. No transcending bullshit : TDK's Trilogy were Michael Mann's worship movies I am sorry to announce, superheroe movies they were not, barely maybe.

Hod wo you recognize someone who doesn't like or care for superhero movies ?

3. No lame grit for dudebros : Deadpool & Logan can buttfuck each other or slit each other throats for all I care.

The MCU is just pure, a cynicism free zone, kids' dreams & visions put on celluloid with moving pictures & sound with a little help from charismatic actors & dazzling VFX and spectacle.

But a cynicism free zone, kid's dreams and visions, is not what all comic books & superheroes are truly about either.

The different CBMs we have are as diverse and the comic books & versions of superheroes themselves.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

And visionary directors.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, a2knet said:

But a cynicism free zone, kid's dreams and visions, is not what all comic books & superheroes are truly about either.

The different CBMs we have are as diverse and the comic books & versions of superheroes themselves.

And I'd argue that the MCU, a post Wonder Woman DCEU (hopefully), Raimi's Spidey and yes, even the TDK trilogy and Deadpool are actual films that UNDERSTAND what these characters are and instead of trying to deconstruct or reinvent, actually making an effort into translating what these characters are and what makes them tick. My understanding is that WB and Snyder got it wrong what Nolan did with Batman. He didn't deconstruct the character and it's world, he distillate it. Yes, through a Michael Mann's heavily influenced lens, but not a deconstruction at all. The way I see it, other than TDK trilogy, the best superhero films transcend the genre by actually not transcending it and believing the genre itself, believing and understanding what these characters are actually about.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

And visionary directors.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

It's The Futurist. Nothing makes sense with him.

He really thinks that post was some sort of post-meta, post-modern, post-hipster-ish-meets-high-art metaphor pseudo-joke-slash-auteuresque allegory.

It's the mother! of Box Office Theory posts, y'all!!