Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Thor: Ragnarok just sounds worse and worse to me imo. Totally the wrong tone for this kind of movie and it's missing what made the Guardians film good which was that emotional component that held them down amidst the wacky humor.

To be fair, maybe the marketing has chosen not to focus on that. Maybe the film itself does have an emotional core. Who knows? Maybe it will be about Thor and Loki's brotherly bond, or maybe it will be about Thor and Hulk's friendship (or about their missing home [earth]). 

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

To be fair, maybe the marketing has chosen not to focus on that. Maybe the film itself does have an emotional core. Who knows? Maybe it will be about Thor and Loki's brotherly bond, or maybe it will be about Thor and Hulk's friendship (or about their missing home [earth]). 

There's a recent press release that 

Spoiler

says that Hulk loves his life on the gladiator planet and that he has an apartment and a hot tub. It's just overall sounding way too ridiculous for me.

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

There's a recent press release that 

Hide contents

says that Hulk loves his life on the gladiator planet and that he has an apartment and a hot tub. It's just overall sounding way too ridiculous for me.

LOL

I can see that, but I am willing to give the film the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe it will be have of those movie tropes like "you have to lose your way to find home," you know? Like, maybe Hulk learns to appreciate earth after realizing that all the awesome things he gets on the other planet can't compare to an earthly sunset or his friends back home :D 

Just now, Cochofles said:

LOL

I can see that, but I am willing to give the film the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe it will be have of those movie tropes like "you have to lose your way to find home," you know? Like, maybe Hulk learns to appreciate earth after realizing that all the awesome things he gets on the other planet can't compare to an earthly sunset or his friends back home :D 

I'm still going to go see it but I'll admit my expectations aren't high, and on a more subjective note for a film about what's meant to be the end of everything I just kind of wish it was being treated more seriously. 

6 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I'm still going to go see it but I'll admit my expectations aren't high, and on a more subjective note for a film about what's meant to be the end of everything I just kind of wish it was being treated more seriously. 

See, on that I can totally agree with you.

At this point, I have made peace with the fact that MCU films will always have tons of [imo stupid, unfunny] jokes; it's a formula that works for them since they always make bank and critics always love them (especially post-GOTG).

I am just going to watch for Cate and Valkyrie/the Valkyrior, but maybe I will love the film.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 2

Just now, Cochofles said:

See, on that I can totally agree with you.

At this point, I have made peace with the fact that MCU films will always have tons of [imo stupid, unfunny] jokes; it's a formula that works for them since they always make bank and critics always love them.

I am just going to watch for Cate and Valkyrie/the Valkyrior, but maybe I will love the film.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

See I don't mind humor even in the darker films ((Civil War for example was a great mix of humor and drama in my opinion.)) but for Thor: Ragnarok they laid it on waaaaaaaay too thick without giving any emotional weight. But yeah the MCU's had an issue with humor, Iron Man 3 had a big issue with this as well.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Thor: Ragnarok just sounds worse and worse to me imo. Totally the wrong tone for this kind of movie and it's missing what made the Guardians film good which was that emotional component that held them down amidst the wacky humor.

Couldn't disagree more. It's absolutely the right tone for this movie, to embrace the weirdness and ridiculousness of it all. Like Guardians of the Galaxy, I expect the emotional component to be in the movie itself, not in the previews. Movies like this, never are.

Just now, Haley Ross said:

Couldn't disagree more. It's absolutely the right tone for this movie, to embrace the weirdness and ridiculousness of it all. Like Guardians of the Galaxy, I expect the emotional component to be in the movie itself, not in the previews. Movies like this, never are.

It's not really wacky. The comics played Ragnarok dead serious and it worked perfectly there. Lord of The Rings plays it's self dead serious and it works there. 

36 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It's not really wacky. The comics played Ragnarok dead serious and it worked perfectly there. Lord of The Rings plays it's self dead serious and it works there. 

Good for them but not in any way what I am looking for or need with this movie. I want to see Waititi's version of Ragnarok, not the comics version or a wannabe Lord of the Rings.

• ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

Good for them but not in any way what I am looking for or need with this movie. I want to see Waititi's version of Ragnarok, not the comics version or a wannabe Lord of the Rings.

Alright cool? I never said you had to? I'm saying what I want to see lmao.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mulder said:

The Comic Con was the worst trailer I’ve seen this year. I like the director but the film just looks bad. Forced cringy comedy, bad CG. 

I’m not trying to hate in Marvel, I do enjoy their films but it gets kinda boring when all they do is turn to comedy.

Edited by Steele131
  • Like 2

Just now, Steele131 said:

The Comic Con was the worst trailer I’ve seen this year. I liked the director but the film just looks bad. Forced cringy comedy, bad CG. 

I agree. So many cool elements in it as well. Also this is more subjective but I prefer Hela as a neutral party rather then "I'M DEATH GODDESS SO I'M EVIL"

5 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

The Comic Con was the worst trailer I’ve seen this year. I liked the director but the film just looks bad. Forced cringy comedy, bad CG. 

The CGI in the "hulk talks!" and the "hulk v giant Wolf" scenes is absolutely awful. I understand liking everything else in the trailer, but seeing those two scenes and calling them anything but the dreadful visuals they are shows the blind pro-MCU bias.

Edited by Cochofles

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

The CGI in the "hulk talks!" and the "hulk v giant Wolf" scenes is absolutely awful. I understand liking everything else in the trailer, but seeing those two scenes and calling them anything but the dreadful visuals they are shows the blind pro-MCU bias.

Fenrir deserved better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I think the CGI that we’ve seen from JL so far (mainly the last trailer) has looked better than Thor, and also what was in Wonder Woman. And I’m one of the defenders of Wonder Woman’s CG

Edited by Steele131
  • ...wtf 1