Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

So what accounts for the contrasting reputations? Perhaps part of the problem is that the movies, until recently, had very little influence from the core DC Entertainment team, who had done so well elsewhere. “It took some work for us to earn our stripes, I think, with the rest of the studio and filmmakers,” says the company’s boyish chief creative officer, Geoff Johns, sitting at a long table alongside a clutch of DC executives in a San Diego Marriott on the first day of this July’s San Diego Comic-Con. But in the past 16 months, they’ve gained significantly more influence on the movie operation, and that change is already bearing fruit. “It’s not chaos,” DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson assures me, seated near Johns. “It’s intentional.

Source: http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/dc-wonder-woman-movie-strategy-universe.html

Umberto reacting to the Vulture piece:

6 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

OH MY GOD THIS IS EVERYTHING AND IT'S INSANELY BETTER THAN ANYTHING IN SINGERVERSE INCLUDING LOGAN AND I LOVE LOGAN HOLY SHIT:

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod: OUT OF 5X:ohmygod:

@CoolioD1, @Blankments, @Noctis, @Empire, @Fancyarcher, @Durden, @YourMother, @WrathOfHan, @That One Guy, @slambros

Well, I've seen this quite a few times, but as far as YouTube parodies go, this one really does take the cake. If you haven't watched it, I recommend watching it.

• Thanks 1

Some reactions of Jett on Twitter regarding the Vulture piece:

I do think that Jett deserves the credit that should be obvious by now, he does have some extremely informed connections with WB. With that said, I do think he's conjecturing a bit, although I don't blame him. Guy went through hell with some DCEU fans (I'll call people that troll and attack reporters, reviewers, insiders and other fellow fans for not enjoying Snyder's take that now, since that name should be disavowed by every DC fan out there now) relentlessly attacked him literally everywhere. While I do believe that he is correct in saying that the plan now is that these stories won't be as connected as they were in BvS, I think he is flat out wrong about the whole "Shared universe INO" thing. Why? He can't possibly know that. Not because that wouldn't be exactly what WB execs wouldn't tell him, I actually believe he heard that from reliable sources, and I actually believe that he is actually heard from some WB execs, but because just like how WB couldn't possibly predict the success of Wonder Woman, they can't possibly predict the outcome after Justice League, and I mean that even if the film is right now a mess like some reports indicated previous weeks. Whedon could make a turn around in the final product with the help of Elfman's score and making the film more cohesive and who knows, maybe the film goes bonkers. 

And even if that DOESN'T happen and Justice League bombs, I feel like Whedon and Johns would have worked strong enough to manage a redeemable film that could spark the desire of audiences of seeing these characters together again. I don't think a Flaspoint film would need to feature a Thomas Wayne Batman OR an "evil" Wonder Woman like in the comics, but it COULD be the missing link between the previous DC films AND the future, if Geoff feels like some adjustments need to be made in the universe and Affleck wants out. Hoping for the best. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

24 minutes ago, slambros said:

Well, I've seen this quite a few times, but as far as YouTube parodies go, this one really does take the cake. If you haven't watched it, I recommend watching it.

OMG there's a sort of sequel / works as a sequel thing done by the same people and it's almost as good as the Wes Anderson's take. Anderson's X-Men-like take is just too good to be even compared to anything else though. :lol: 

• Like 1

I'd love to see a "What if Martin Scorcese directed Guardians of the Galaxy " and a "What if Darren Aronofsky Directed Wonder Woman "... :D 

Heck, the mind reels just thinking of an MCU overseen by Scorcese and a DCEU built by Aronofsky. They would certainly not be family-friendly... :rofl:

5 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Some reactions of Jett on Twitter regarding the Vulture piece:

I do think that Jett deserves the credit that should be obvious by now, he does have some extremely informed connections with WB. With that said, I do think he's conjecturing a bit, although I don't blame him. Guy went through hell with some DCEU fans (I'll call people that troll and attack reporters, reviewers, insiders and other fellow fans for not enjoying Snyder's take that now, since that name should be disavowed by every DC fan out there now) relentlessly attacked him literally everywhere. While I do believe that he is correct in saying that the plan now is that these stories won't be as connected as they were in BvS, I think he is flat out wrong about the whole "Shared universe INO" thing. Why? He can't possibly know that. Not because that wouldn't be exactly what WB execs wouldn't tell him, I actually believe he heard that from reliable sources, and I actually believe that he is actually heard from some WB execs, but because just like how WB couldn't possibly predict the success of Wonder Woman, they can't possibly predict the outcome after Justice League, and I mean that even if the film is right now a mess like some reports indicated previous weeks. Whedon could make a turn around in the final product with the help of Elfman's score and making the film more cohesive and who knows, maybe the film goes bonkers. 

And even if that DOESN'T happen and Justice League bombs, I feel like Whedon and Johns would have worked strong enough to manage a redeemable film that could spark the desire of audiences of seeing these characters together again. I don't think a Flaspoint film would need to feature a Thomas Wayne Batman OR an "evil" Wonder Woman like in the comics, but it COULD be the missing link between the previous DC films AND the future, if Geoff feels like some adjustments need to be made in the universe and Affleck wants out. Hoping for the best. 

I know you like and respect BOF and that's great but I don't think you're gonna get a lot of responses to your posts about them. From what I've gathered Most people here don't really like him or how he reports news.

I know for myself I've said all along Jett has some sources that tell him little tid bits  about what's going on, nothing big but small things happening and he reports on that to how it suits his views.

I stand by how I feel about his reporting, don't want to follow or hear what he has to say as I don't like him and how he treats people who disagree with him ( even those who do it respectfully get the "fanboy" treatment).

All I'll say about the article is all along I've felt the dc movies would be handled differently then marvel so to hear that is great. To hear that the universe will be connected but only in a way to serve to make great movies is awesome.

I agree with you that Johns will probably have more influence going forward since he's so great at writing and is so knowledgable about the characters. He'll figure out ways to make things connect without it being awkward. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

OH MY GOD THIS IS EVERYTHING AND IT'S INSANELY BETTER THAN ANYTHING IN SINGERVERSE INCLUDING LOGAN AND I LOVE LOGAN HOLY SHIT:

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod: OUT OF 5X:ohmygod:

@CoolioD1, @Blankments, @Noctis, @Empire, @Fancyarcher, @Durden, @YourMother, @WrathOfHan, @That One Guy, @slambros

I hate these fucking things. And it's alllwaaays wes Anderson because I guess his aesthetic is easy to mimic for obvious softball jokes. Whatever.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Kinda hope he gets it and leaves Marvel.   Politicians aren't as relevant to me and easier to ignore so he can be a moron there and I don't care.

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

I thought Inhumans was better than Agents of SHIELD.

Will check out the next episode.

AoS at it's best or worst?     Cause it's not hard to be better than the Skye angst/drama queen stuff.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Kinda hope he gets it and leaves Marvel.   Politicians aren't as relevant to me and easier to ignore so he can be a moron there and I don't care.

AoS at it's best or worst?     Cause it's not hard to be better than the Skye angst/drama queen stuff.  

AoS > inhumans by like a million, inhumans was hard to watch, I never feel like that with shield. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cochofles said:

I'd love to see a "What if Martin Scorcese directed Guardians of the Galaxy " and a "What if Darren Aronofsky Directed Wonder Woman "... :D 

Heck, the mind reels just thinking of an MCU overseen by Scorcese and a DCEU built by Aronofsky. They would certainly not be family-friendly... :rofl:

How about, what if Wonder woman was in Star Wars

• Like 2

Although we can agree that BVS didn't have the best WOM, the fall and frontloaded can also be contributed to Good Friday, even if BVS was good, the maximum it could've done OW was $175M with that OD.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:
Spoiler

mTXBxDu.png

Better comparison:

wPkzMnr.png

Hunger Games had a better saturday jump, and BvS had a worse Sunday drop, but overall similar time of year gets similar results.

• Like 1