Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

41 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I get the feeling Justice League will turn out to be an editing mess like Suicide Squad which started out as a dark movie by a director who was pushed aside, leading to the movie with poorly developed characters, bunch of lame jokes, and bad music tracks because the studio wanted to "lighten" things up.

I can't get to excited about JL right now.

I dunno.   I can't help feeling they have changed the way they do things now.   WW was a right turn from what they were doing with MoS, BvS, and SS.

11 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I dunno.   I can't help feeling they have changed the way they do things now.   WW was a right turn from what they were doing with MoS, BvS, and SS.

Same thoughts here too. Also, I don't think that Whedon gets enough credit on how great he is with superhero films. We are not talking a superhero film director, we are talking THE superhero film director with the film with the biggest box office among them all. I hope they pull it off. 

• Like 1

Just now, langer said:

Whedon is great.  Loved both Avengers movie regardless of where the bandwagon goes.  I also hope Snyder is not done with DCEU as Watchmen is one of my favorite CBM ever. 

I'm actually a fan of Snyder and Watchmen is indeed amazing. But I don't think he is a good fit for the DC Cinematic Universe. I want him working with stuff that he can go for a rated R film, and that's not what the DC characters should be about.

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

When shitheads (on both sides mind you) posts shit like this then I can completely understand why someone would be pissed

I'm going to take a wild guess and say he didn't see VIII or even if he spoils it'll have like no damage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

Umberto Gonzalez has gone on a twitter rant at the fan wars.

Theres a lot more posts on his page.

He's not the only one. Mark Hughes did as well. Oh well. They can admonish, but based on the replies, the fans don't care and will continue to feel justified bashing movies that are too 'fun' or too 'dark'.

Edited by Deja23

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say he didn't see VIII or even if he spoils it'll have like no damage.

Yeah not likely but its amusing people having such sad life that they need to do this. Btw I posted that because that is what prompted Umberto's "rant"

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

Umberto Gonzalez has gone on a twitter rant at the fan wars.

Theres a lot more posts on his page.

Perfectly written and I'm glad to see more people speaking up about this. I don't think DCEU fans have a real grasp on how much they have damaged the image of superhero fans, DC and Marvel fans included, since Man of Steel. When they attack critics, bloggers and reporters online it's just a reflex on how they act regularly online with other fans.

That's why I honestly think that the cleverest thing that both DC and DC fans can do is retire the whole name DCEU name. It's a damaged "brand" of fans with and incredibly awful - and deserved - bad rep.

The DC cinematic universe will go on, and some of these characters have endured for almost a century now because they stand exactly for "heart, humor, hope, heroics and optimism". That's who they are, and DC Films president has expressed that explicitly said several times now. If you don't understand why these movies need to resonate with the audiences and have actual heart and god forbidden - FUN - then you have no place in understanding who these characters are or stand for. 

11 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

First time ever a MCU movie and DCEU movie opens in the same month this November. The studios themselves are responsible for the frenzy aka shitstorm that is coming from fanboys.

Not really. People should be able to.control themselves 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

First time ever a MCU movie and DCEU movie opens in the same month this November. The studios themselves are responsible for the frenzy aka shitstorm that is coming from fanboys.

No they aren't. Fanboys trying to live in a echo chamber where BvS and MoS are good films or good representations of those characters are to blame for all of this. This competitive mentality is ruining the superhero genre and even when people come talk to me in private promising to act better I still see the same shit happening over and over again. It makes kinda hope that the superhero genre would literally die so I don't have to feel this ashamed anymore. Most of these people don't deserve OR understand what Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman stand for. So fuck them. Yes I'm royally pissed.