Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

If DC's Avengers out-grosses a Thor three-quel with Hulk added (no hot BO star himself) after Thor2 barely crossed 205 dom, why should it be considered a big victory for DC-fans?

In JL vs Thor3, JL has nothing to gain from out-grossing Thor3 (which it should do comfortably imo), and Thor3 has nothing to loose by coming under JL.

But if the opposite happens (which shouldn't) JL has a lot of face to loose and Thor3, a lot to gain.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Perfectly written and I'm glad to see more people speaking up about this. I don't think DCEU fans have a real grasp on how much they have damaged the image of superhero fans, DC and Marvel fans included, since Man of Steel. When they attack critics, bloggers and reporters online it's just a reflex on how they act regularly online with other fans.

That's why I honestly think that the cleverest thing that both DC and DC fans can do is retire the whole name DCEU name. It's a damaged "brand" of fans with and incredibly awful - and deserved - bad rep.

The DC cinematic universe will go on, and some of these characters have endured for almost a century now because they stand exactly for "heart, humor, hope, heroics and optimism". That's who they are, and DC Films president has expressed that explicitly said several times now. If you don't understand why these movies need to resonate with the audiences and have actual heart and god forbidden - FUN - then you have no place in understanding who these characters are or stand for. 

TBH the critics must bear some of the reponsibility themselves.

For instance, a common critism of wonder woman is the CGI heavy third act and it got marked down for it by most critics.

Now GotG and Thor are by their very nature CGI heavy and probably to a much greater extent (Hulk is enterly CGI) but they will probably not get mentioned at all because they are comedies and so they get a pass.

They have to get more consistent with their critisms.

Edited by AndyK

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

If DC's Avengers out-grosses a Thor three-quel with Hulk added (no hot BO star himself) after Thor2 barely crossed 205 dom, why should it be considered a big victory for DC-fans?

In JL vs Thor3, JL has nothing to gain from out-grossing Thor3 (which it should do comfortably imo), and Thor3 has nothing to loose by coming under JL.

But if the opposite happens (which shouldn't) JL has a lot of face to loose and Thor3, a lot to gain.

Which is probably why so many DCEU or DCFU or whatever fans on twitter went bat shit last night when early Ragnarok reactions were very good.

To add more fuel to the fire.  YT views for the latest JL trailer after a day and a half  are at 11.27m on the main WB channel.  Thor's 2nd trailer on the main Marvel channel after 24 hours was at

14.35m :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyK said:

TBH the critics must bear some of the reponsinilty themselves.

For instance, a common critism of wonder woman is the CGI heavy third act and it got marked down for it by most critics.

Now GotG and Thor are by their very nature CGI heavy and probably to a much greater extent (Hulk is enterly CGI) but they will probably not get mentioned at all because they are comedies and so they get a pass.

Wonder Woman literally got a rating over 90% on RT, and got better reviews than GV2. Both got CGI heavy third act complaint.

• Like 1

Here's the honest god fucking damn truth:

Man of Steel, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Thor: The Dark World, Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad ARE bad films. Period. Accept it. Understand that it's possible for you to love a director, characters and a brand and even bad films. Hell, I love TASM2 and Thor: The Dark World. Thought that Suicide Squad was great fun when I saw the first time and it didn't hold up after second viewing, but that's ok. I can't bring myself to see TASM2 either, so that's ok. IT'S OKAY TO LIKE BAD FILMS. It's not okay to keep this tired and endless stupid flame war because do you want to know what this will cause?

One day you will indeed convince that ALL these films are terrible. One day the general audiences will get FUCKING TIRED of your bullshit. And then we won't get superhero films anymore at the pace we are getting it now. Why do you incredible insecure imature people can't enjoy the good films and see that Geoff Johns is doing literally EVERYTHING HE CAN to guarantee better DC Films for all of us? Yes, a Justice League film should be fun. Yes, Thor should be fun. Should ALL of these films be fun? Well, depends on what you consider fun. Moments of levity is different than fun. Marvel Studios has an EXCELLENT track record and yes, Wonder Woman is a film that actually follows the Marvel Studios formula, just like Deadpool did last year. Are they Marvel Studios copyacats? FUCK NO, they are amazing films that stay true to the heart of those characters and allow them to shine for what they are. Isn't there a possibilyt of doing a "deconstruction" of these characters like Snyder supposedly tried and his wife went on record of say that "we learned that the public doesn't like deconstruction of these characters"? Fuck no. It's possible. Just look at Iron Man and Captain America arcs in the Marvel Studios films. There's an obvious deconstruction there and those characters go through changes from where they started and where they are now. Can't you deal with INCREDIBLY tough subjects? Just look at fucking Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. 

I look forward to what DC Films will do next. Do I look forward to this BULLSHIT and ENDLESS flame wars? No. And honestly, I'm starting to believe that we actually don't deserve these films at all. Maybe the superhero genre needs to die for you morons to understand that you fucked this up. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AndyK said:

TBH the critics must bear some of the reponsinilty themselves.

Now GotG and Thor are by their very nature are CGI heavy and probably to a much greater extent (Hulk is enterly CGI) but they will probably not get mentioned at all because they are comedies and so they get a pass.

No a common criticism was that the last act of WW was messy and yet overall critics gave it very good reviews while they've docked other movies for having sloppy third acts. 

Sometimes the whole is better than the sum of it's parts and works - sometimes it's the reverse.  Some things bother some critics that don't bother others.  They're opinions.  Critics are not a monolith and whining about bias against DC after the Nolan trilogy & WW is bizarre.

Edited by TalismanRing

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

TBH the critics must bear some of the reponsibility themselves.

That's because indeed, while I don't see a problem with Wonder Woman's third act, one could argue that Vol. 2 does have better cgi. You can't nitpick criticism like you are doing. Wonder Woman is considered a better film than Vol. 2 by the critics. AND THEY ARE CORRECT. Just like they are correct on saying that BvS, MoS, SS, TASM2 and TDW are bad movies. Because they are. There's no shame on fucking admitting it that and understanding that you are allowed to enjoy bad movies. It's better than this bullshit rethoric that "critics must bear some of the responsibility themselves". They didn't like aspects of Wonder Woman. Boo-hoo. Can't you see how petty this is? Wonder Woman has over 90% reviews, Vol. 2 has over 80%. And rightfully so. Complaining about other people's opinions of films and blaming on them for thinking what they think it's dumb. Why can't you just literally accept it and let it go? 

I'm legit not trying to start shit, but where is the hype for JL? I'm just not feeling it outside of the internet, and even in that area it seems a bit muted. We're like a month away, should be way more than it is imo.

Because Superman, Batman and WW appearing together for the first time in film already happened in BvS. That movie had massive hype and was something that that can only happen once.

No should expect JL hype to be as big since JL is just adding three new less popular heroes to the team.

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

No a common criticism was that the last act of WW was messy and yet overall critics gave it very good reviews while they've docked other movies for having sloppy third acts. 

Sometimes the whole is better than the sum of it's parts and works - sometimes it's the reverse.  Some things bother some critics that don't bother others.  They're opinions.  Critics are not a monolith and whining about bias against DC after the Nolan trilogy & WW is bizarre.

And this. Wonder Woman is in my opinion and in the opinion of most of the critics better than Vol. 2. I can confirm that no Marvel Studios fan died or attacked me for saying that. They might disagree, but bad mouth me for that or going nuts with stupid discussion that claims critic bias and shit like that? Nope. Don't see it ever happening. This all started when some geniuses started to think that edginess is the same of mature. WE ARE TALKING FUCKING SUPERHERO FILMS. None of this bullshit is mature. Not even Logan or TDK are mature. Also, grow up. 

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

That's because indeed, while I don't see a problem with Wonder Woman's third act, one could argue that Vol. 2 does have better cgi. You can't nitpick criticism like you are doing. Wonder Woman is considered a better film than Vol. 2 by the critics. AND THEY ARE CORRECT. Just like they are correct on saying that BvS, MoS, SS, TASM2 and TDW are bad movies. Because they are. There's no shame on fucking admitting it that and understanding that you are allowed to enjoy bad movies. It's better than this bullshit rethoric that "critics must bear some of the responsibility themselves". They didn't like aspects of Wonder Woman. Boo-hoo. Can't you see how petty this is? Wonder Woman has over 90% reviews, Vol. 2 has over 80%. And rightfully so. Complaining about other people's opinions of films and blaming on them for thinking what they think it's dumb. Why can't you just literally accept it and let it go? 

How dare you criticise TASM2.

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Because Superman, Batman and WW appearing together for the first time in film already happened in BvS. That movie had massive hype and was something that that can only happen once.

No should expect JL hype to be as big since JL is just adding three new less popular heroes to the team.

Yeah, but don't you think that's kind of an issue? I mean BvS wasn't exactly a box office behemoth, so if JL isn't getting anywhere near the same hype that doesn't bode all that well. Could struggle to 300, which is bad for DCEU's Avengers film any way you spin it. Unless WW really is the new trend for DCEU and it has a not huge opening, but great legs. 

Just now, AndyK said:

How dare you criticise TASM2.

I love TASM2. Garfield is a better Spider-Man than Maguire ever will be. I've defended that film to death. But yes, it's an awful film. A great Spider-Man, maybe one of the most beautiful, sad and terrifying moments in ANY superhero films. But that doesn't make it a good film. I've made my peace with that a long time ago. 

Marvel fans are not innocent in this as Ijack pointed out.   Remember in 2008 when Iron man 1 came out and did very well?  Comic fans as a whole celebrated the achievement but then Dark Knight came out broke records and was the superior film in quality and box office.  Marvel fans took massive offense to this and started attacking the film and DC as a whole.  

The continued success of the MCU while DCEU struggles to find its footing is not helping things. 

This flame war is not close to ending.  Both sides are to blame and WB/Disney are becoming increasingly bitter and petty towards each other. 

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Which is probably why so many DCEU or DCFU or whatever fans on twitter went bat shit last night when early Ragnarok reactions were very good.

To add more fuel to the fire.  YT views for the latest JL trailer after a day and a half  are at 11.27m on the main WB channel.  Thor's 2nd trailer on the main Marvel channel after 24 hours was at

14.35m :ph34r:

DC universe is a younger brand compared to Marvel. If you don't get that then you are deluded. YT views are you for real

One thing I noticed though.

When you check out a Geek/nerd Youtube channel, DC movies reviews Always have way more views than Marvel movies reviews except when it s a Marvel-Fox dudebro movie like Deadpool or Logan.

So it seems that the Geek DC fanbase is bigger than Marvel's.

Would it be a fait assesment ?

Yeah, but don't you think that's kind of an issue? I mean BvS wasn't exactly a box office behemoth, so if JL isn't getting anywhere near the same hype that doesn't bode all that well. Could struggle to 300, which is bad for DCEU's Avengers film any way you spin it. Unless WW really is the new trend for DCEU and it has a not huge opening, but great legs.

I think less people will rush out to see JL, which means lower OW, but legs should be better than BvS if the movie is good.