Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, but don't you think that's kind of an issue? I mean BvS wasn't exactly a box office behemoth, so if JL isn't getting anywhere near the same hype that doesn't bode all that well. Could struggle to 300, which is bad for DCEU's Avengers film any way you spin it. Unless WW really is the new trend for DCEU and it has a not huge opening, but great legs. 

you are obviously living in the basement. Ah i remember you now. You are a DC universe hater. So of course you talk negatively about JL

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

you are obviously living in the basement. Ah i remember you now. You are a DC universe hater. So of course you talk negatively about JL

This is the type of stuff is why we can't have nice things in forum. I do agree that $300M or lower domestic isn't likely, in fact I think $400M+ is happening but different views on box office potential doesn't make a person a troll.

Edited by YourMother

Warner was fucking stupid to put Wondy in BvS, so fucking stupid.

After Wonder Woman s giant success, having the League joining together for the first time on screen would have given Justice League unreal hype.

Fucking idiots they are.

Everything about BvS was ill-conceived.

8 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Marvel fans are not innocent in this as Ijack pointed out.   Remember in 2008 when Iron man 1 came out and did very well?  Comic fans as a whole celebrated the achievement but then Dark Knight came out broke records and was the superior film in quality and box office.  Marvel fans took massive offense to this and started attacking the film and DC as a whole.  

The continued success of the MCU while DCEU struggles to find its footing is not helping things. 

This flame war is not close to ending.  Both sides are to blame and WB/Disney are becoming increasingly bitter and petty towards each other. 

First, I don't remember this at all. Iron Man was amazing and I loved it but The Dark Knight eclipsed that big time. I was in college back then having a life and I didn't see any Marvel fanboys giving critics death threats or constantly engaging on fights on social media with film critics and bloggers.

And trust me, these flame wars WILL end. Either you people get smart or not. If they don't end, eventually the general audience will get sick of it and will start ignoring your precious little films to the point that the genre will die. Enjoy having fun with this stupid non sense then. And yes, I'm taking sides here because blaming "both sides" is a fucking false equivalency. If you don't understand why DCEU fanboys are getting called out so hard now, you've missed completely the point.

This isn't a "both sides are bad" situation. Of course that there are great fans on both sides. I'm a fan of DC and Marvel. I'm a BIG fan of Wonder Woman and I want Justice League to be amazing.

Am I a DC fan? FUCK YEAH. Am I a DCEU fan? FUCK NO. Not because I don't want the cinematic universe to keep going. I do. But I am ashamed by the stigma that this damned name has and since it's not even official I'd rather see it buried and forgotten. 

I'm a DC fan that wants the cinematic universe to keep going and wants the DCEU fans to own this shit and start calling out fanboys that do this bullshit, instead of constantly trying to make a false equivalency with Marvel Studios fanboys. No, it's not the same thing. And for the sake of the genre and DC Films themselves, you people should start realizing that too. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, but don't you think that's kind of an issue? I mean BvS wasn't exactly a box office behemoth, so if JL isn't getting anywhere near the same hype that doesn't bode all that well. Could struggle to 300, which is bad for DCEU's Avengers film any way you spin it. Unless WW really is the new trend for DCEU and it has a not huge opening, but great legs. 

Its not going to have great legs.

WW worked because it had emotional content which resonated with the female audience.

JL is probably BvS with (hopefully) less flaws.

7 minutes ago, mredman said:

Don't think I will admit to that, but I'll gladly wear my Snyder hater badge with pride. Though I'm not even talking about my expectations for the film, I'm talking about the hype. Hype was pretty undeniable for BvS/SS. Nowhere near as much so for this. 

Edited by MovieMan89

18 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm legit not trying to start shit, but where is the hype for JL? I'm just not feeling it outside of the internet, and even in that area it seems a bit muted. We're like a month away, should be way more than it is imo. 

A bit underwhelming for the release of a trailer.  Star Wars hasn't even released it's trailer yet today

JL Twitter Index over yesterday and today

DATE# /   TWEETS / POS: NEG RATIO

Oct 09 /  15,851 /  11:1

Oct 08 /  61,954 /  8:1

Today

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

It's both sides fault. End of story. Just stick to your bases if you have problems.

It isn't. And I will always call bullshit on that. False equivalency as fuck. As long as we don't stop to realize that the DCEU fanbase has some serious issues and be able to talk and call it out on that, the whole genre will suffer. 

10 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Marvel fans are not innocent in this as Ijack pointed out.   Remember in 2008 when Iron man 1 came out and did very well?  Comic fans as a whole celebrated the achievement but then Dark Knight came out broke records and was the superior film in quality and box office.  Marvel fans took massive offense to this and started attacking the film and DC as a whole.  

The continued success of the MCU while DCEU struggles to find its footing is not helping things. 

This flame war is not close to ending.  Both sides are to blame and WB/Disney are becoming increasingly bitter and petty towards each other. 

What makes you say that? Is it the fact that the trailers for JL and TLJ are coming out so close to each other? There was hardly anytime for the two studios to do this and some things clashing was inevitable. I mean Disney for example has to juggle 3 movies coming within 1.5 months together which means lots of trailers/tv spots/ticket releases/social media embargo lift/review embargo lift/etc. And they probably dont want to clash dates with their own movies. 

13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Warner was fucking stupid to put Wondy in BvS, so fucking stupid.

After Wonder Woman s giant success, having the League joining together for the first time on screen would have given Justice League unreal hype.

Fucking idiots they are.

Everything about BvS was ill-conceived.

Hind sight is 20/20. 

They used BvS as a launching pad to get people interested in this iteration of WW and build buzz for her film.  Even though the film was bad this worked.  She was one of the commonly cited highlights of the movie which made the audience more excited for her film.  That WW became the first DCEU critical darling (heck first DC filmed critically well liked since TDKR)  drove the legs and WOM to $400m plus but if it had been another stinker or mediocrity it still would have opened big (though not as big) due to her build up.  She was in the public eye for over two years by the time WW opened.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

It isn't. And I will always call bullshit on that. False equivalency as fuck. As long as we don't stop to realize that the DCEU fanbase has some serious issues and be able to talk and call it out on that, the whole genre will suffer. 

So does the MCU fanbase.  The are basically the Dragon ball Fans of the cinematic world.  You can't watch anything DCEU related without some fanboy shooting their mouths off.

The JL thread is a prime example on how both sides to blame. On one hand, if you thought that JL wouldn't have the best reception or $400M+/$1B+, you were deemed a hater and sometimes attacked. On the other hand, there was decent sized trolling from some people on the JL thread, there's no denying that and people could easily both some stuff up in the franchise wars thread.

This thread is also a great example of both sides to blame.

Edited by YourMother

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Hind sight is 20/20. 

They used BvS as a launching pad to get people interested in this iteration of WW and build buzz for her film.  Even though the film was bad this worked.  She was one of the commonly cited highlights of the movie which made the audience more excited for her film.  That WW became the first DCEU critical darling (heck first DC filmed critically well liked since TDKR)  drove the legs and WOM to $400m plus but if it had been another stinker or mediocrity it still would have opened big due to her build up.

Snyder's biggest merit in my opinion is the casting of these actors. Not really the characterization of them, but the casting is great. I don't think anyone but him could see Gal Gadot as the ideal Wonder Woman. That was a slam dunk. Aquaman is yet another slam dunk, but it's not like Momoa wasn't a somewhat up and coming name. Gadot in the other hand came out of nowhere. I do think that using BvS as launching pad for Wonder Woman and Batman was a big mistake though. I think that Marvel Studios formula of introducing more characters in the solo films and then unitying them in an event film paid off big time. I think it's possible that Justice League works, but I don't see they insisting on not doing solo films before a possible sequel to Justice League if it works. They will and should follow Marvel Studios formula simply because it works, and there's absolutely no shame in that. 

A'ight, currently active CBM-verse verses CBM-verses:

1) Fox Marvel (X-Men, Wolvie solos, DP solo) : A- (6 As, 1 B, 2 Cs, 1 D) ... TW is B, X3 & APOC are Cs

2) MCU : B (can I do this later? :lol:)

3) Sony Marvel (basically all of their solo SMs including SMH) : B- (1 A, 3 Bs and 2 Cs) ... SM1 and ASM2 are the extremes. Rest in between. SM3 is the other C.

4) DCEU : C+ (2 Cs, 1 D and 1 A)

Edit: That #4 does not make me happy. Hopefully after JL and AQM it will be tied at #3 if not better.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Snyder's biggest merit in my opinion is the casting of these actors. Not really the characterization of them, but the casting is great. I don't think anyone but him could see Gal Gadot as the ideal Wonder Woman. That was a slam dunk. Aquaman is yet another slam dunk, but it's not like Momoa wasn't a somewhat up and coming name. Gadot in the other hand came out of nowhere. I do think that using BvS as launching pad for Wonder Woman and Batman was a big mistake though. I think that Marvel Studios formula of introducing more characters in the solo films and then unitying them in an event film paid off big time. I think it's possible that Justice League works, but I don't see they insisting on not doing solo films before a possible sequel to Justice League if it works. They will and should follow Marvel Studios formula simply because it works, and there's absolutely no shame in that. 

Yeah, some of the big casting in DCEU has been impeccable. Cavill and Gadot just couldn't be any more perfect. Leto and Affleck being the major exceptions.