Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Up until 2013 and Man of Steel it was just banter.

Then, the man of murder thing came out and it turned into a shitstorm.

WTF are you babbling about if you want Man ofMurder see Donners Superman 2. Where he KILLS Zod turned HUMAN with a smile. WTF were you then crying Man of Murder. MoS Supes did it with huge remorse and to protect a human family from dying. You have double standard coming out of your ears!

3 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

So does the MCU fanbase.  The are basically the Dragon ball Fans of the cinematic world.  You can't watch anything DCEU related without some fanboy shooting their mouths off.

That's BULLSHIT. I love literally all the blockbusters that WB put out this century with DC characters other than BvS and MoS. I don't hate SS but isn't a good film, I'm on record on thinking it was fucking great in the first viewing. Now everything else that DC did that actually break out in this century? LOVE IT. Constantine, Watchmen, TDK Trilogy, Wonder Woman. I love all that. 

So of course that I won't shut up if a Superman or Batman film is bad. Why? Because I love these characters. That doesn't mean that I'm not a fan or that I'm a MCU fan and I can't be a DCU fan. I'm sorry, but the DCEU fandom HAS an issue. And calling out on that is better than doing this false equivalency bullshit. 

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

WTF are you babbling about if you want Man ofMurder see Donners Superman 2. Where he KILLS Zod turned HUMAN with a smile. WTF were you then crying Man of Murder. MoS Supes did it with huge remorse and to protect a human family from dying. You have double standard coming out of your ears!

Man, work on your reading comprehension and then come back and try to have a conversation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

A bit underwhelming for the release of a trailer.  Star Wars hasn't even released it's trailer yet today

JL Twitter Index over yesterday and today

DATE# /   TWEETS / POS: NEG RATIO

Oct 09 /  15,851 /  11:1

Oct 08 /  61,954 /  8:1

Today

The JL trailer also has 123k likes, 78k retweets and nearly 9 million views on twitter. I’m not sure which numbers really matter or mean the most to be honest. 

Edited by cax16

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

A'ight, currently active CBM-verse verses CBM-verses:

1) Fox Marvel (X-Men, Wolvie solos, DP solo) : A- (6 As, 1 B, 2 Cs, 1 D) ... TW is B, X3 & APOC are Cs

2) MCU : B (can I do this later? :lol:)

3) Sony Marvel (basically all of their solo SMs including SMH) : B- (1 A, 3 Bs and 2 Cs) ... SM1 and ASM2 are the extremes. Rest in between. SM3 is the other C.

4) DCEU : C+ (2 Cs, 1 D and 1 A)

Edit: That #4 does not make me happy. Hopefully after JL and AQM it will be tied at #3 if not better.

Fox Marvel -  generous with yours As and the avg doesn't quite work out but I'll let that pass.  What happened to FF4 x 3, Elektra and Daredevil?

Where's Sony's Ghost Rider 1 & 2

• Like 1

Anybody else see Iron Man's new armor? He looks a lot like Blue Beetle!! Some fans are even calling him Iron Beetle lol.

I wonder if DC will ever bring him to the big screen? Latino superheroes are so rare that it would be a huge missed opportunity if they didn't! Don't ignore your B-list DC!!!

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Why do you doubt it? Why wouldn't Disney kill everyone and end their biggest cinematic universe? 

Kill everyone - or most - could happen. It happened in the comics, but just like I think that Captain America: Civil War is leaps and bounds better than the comics counter part, I'm sure that The Russo Brothers and Markus and McFreely are capable of doing better than the comics counter part, so I'm very much open to whatever they do. 

1 minute ago, El Gato said:

Anybody else see Iron Man's new armor? He looks a lot like Blue Beetle!! Some fans are even calling him Iron Beetle lol.

I wonder if DC will ever bring him to the big screen? Latino superheroes are so rare that it would be a huge missed opportunity if they didn't! Don't ignore your B-list DC!!!

I think Blue Beetle is more likely to get a TV series than a movie or perhaps be part of an ensemble movie. 

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Fox Marvel -  generous with yours As and the avg doesn't quite work out but I'll let that pass. 

Well they are my As! :) so naturally I don't think I have been generous.-_-

Also to elaborate on "1) Fox Marvel (X-Men, Wolvie solos, DP solo) : A- (6 As, 1 B, 2 Cs, 1 D) ... TW is B, X3 & APOC are Cs"

A : X1, X2, FC, DOFP, DP, Logan

B : TW

C : X3, APOC

D : XOW

The average totally works out to A-: 

Start with 6A, 1B, 2C and 1D

1st one B and one C cancel out each other leaving 6A, 1C and 1D

Two A and one C cancel out each other leaving 4A and 1D

Three A cancel out one D leaving 1A

Now A could be either of A+, A, A- (and same for B, C, D). So going with A- instead of A or A+ cause I know where they stand for me.

Edited by a2knet

This part of fandom that attacks people for what they like is gross.

Marvel and Specifically Feige has done a fantastic job with their universe and deserve all the praise they get. When you think of Marvel in the last 10-15 years it equates to quality movies. And this is coming from a person who enjoys all the movies but isn’t shy to admit he prefers dc films. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cax16 said:

This part of fandom that attacks people for what they like is gross.

Marvel and Specifically Feige has done a fantastic job with their universe and deserve all the praise they get. When you think of Marvel in the last 10-15 years it equates to quality movies. And this is coming from a person who enjoys all the movies but isn’t shy to admit he prefers dc films. 

THANK YOU. You are one of the good guys and you know that. We need more backbone to call out on this bullshit if we actually want these films to keep going. One day, the general audiences might say they have had enough of this flame wars bullshit and we will go back to one Batman or Spider-Man film every four to five years and fuck everything else. Then I'd really like to see why these fucking idiots would think. 

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

THANK YOU. You are one of the good guys and you know that. We need more backbone to call out on this bullshit if we actually want these films to keep going. One day, the general audiences might say they have had enough of this flame wars bullshit and we will go back to one Batman or Spider-Man film every four to five years and fuck everything else. Then I'd really like to see why these fucking idiots would think. 

I doubt the majority of the GA knows about flame wars between both sides.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

I doubt the majority of the GA knows about flame wars between both sides.

No. But the critics and people in the know do. And this animosity will end up creating a climate that more critics will speak out and come to the tipping point that will affect the general audiences as well.