Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Star Wars is the At the bottom of my list for favourite franchises so I’m not into as much either way but I agree with you about the trailer. It’s why I didn’t bother posting in the thread. I didn’t feel like just saying it felt ok to fine for me while everyone was super hyped. Let people enjoy things is the way I see it, my comments of being underwhelmed wouldn’t add anything. 

I am very much excited for The Last Jedi. It's currently the least I'm excited next to Ragnarok and the League, but that doesn't mean that I won't be opening midnight for all of them. I was just taken aback how much underwhelming it was and felt the need to point that out. 

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I am very much excited for The Last Jedi. It's currently the least I'm excited next to Ragnarok and the League, but that doesn't mean that I won't be opening midnight for all of them. I was just taken aback how much underwhelming it was and felt the need to point that out. 

Don’t get me wrong I’ll be seeing it opening weekend as well, I’m just saying I agree and thought this would be a better place to put it lol. 

22 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Don't get me wrong, I know that for a fact The Last Jedi is already blowing up and that Justice League might struggle. I think that Mendelson summed it up better than I could:

New 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' And 'Justice League' Trailers Won't Matter

As far as I'm concerned, this trailer failed hard on the bold parts. It probably succeeded in the rest so that's... good? I don't know. I can see this film suffering a backlash critically after The Force Awakens overwhelming positive reactions. Think Age of Ultron opposed to The Avengers. 

TFA got marked way too high, it just wasn't good enough to deserve those marks.

I think a lot of critics will be realising they made a mistake and as he said, won't be so forgiving this time around.

• Like 2

Just now, AndyK said:

TFA got marked way too high, it just wasn't good enough to deserve those marks.

I think a lot of critics will be realising they made a mistake and as he said, won't be so forgiving this time around.

I love TFA. It's my favorite Star Wars film of all time, and I'm an old fart. With that said, I'm just not feeling TLJ as much as I thought I would/wished. Maybe that's a good thing, but this is the last footage I'm seeing before actually seeing the film opening midnight. I think that the hype over TLJ might come back to bite it though, and I'm just not sure if Rian was the right guy for this after all. TLJ felt like a subversion of ANH. This feels like a riff/remake of TESB, and I'm hoping to be wrong, but that's how I feel right now. 

• Community Manager
4 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

I love TFA. It's my favorite Star Wars film of all time, and I'm an old fart. With that said, I'm just not feeling TLJ as much as I thought I would/wished. Maybe that's a good thing, but this is the last footage I'm seeing before actually seeing the film opening midnight. I think that the hype over TLJ might come back to bite it though, and I'm just not sure if Rian was the right guy for this after all. TLJ felt like a subversion of ANH. This feels like a riff/remake of TESB, and I'm hoping to be wrong, but that's how I feel right now. 

Rian Johnson is better than most CBM directors. He should deliver an amazing product that blows DC/Marvel out of the water!

• Thanks 3

• Community Manager
30 minutes ago, cax16 said:

tenor.gif

I said "most" CBM directors cause of Nolan obviously. I'm speaking the truth here. I mean come on. He's way better than Zach Snyder or David Ayer. Patty Jenkins did a good job with Wonder Woman, sure, but like that movie will be lucky to make my top 20. It's barely in there right now and I've only seen 40 movies this year. I plan to see a lot more. I expect TLJ to be in the top 5.

• Like 1

Am I alone in thinking it's extremely sinister what they're doing with Carrie Fisher?

Her face close up in the trailer and the official poster..

6lzsdlmmawqz.jpg

I don't know guys, it just seems to me as if they're profiting from the death of the lovely Carrie Fisher, while hiding under the ruse of showing respects.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Am I alone in thinking it's extremely sinister what they're doing with Carrie Fisher?

6lzsdlmmawqz.jpg

I don't know guys, it just seems to me as if they're profiting from the death of the lovely Carrie Fisher, while hiding under the ruse of showing respects.

I think it's fine.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

6lzsdlmmawqz.jpg

I think that they are both showing respect and [will be] making a profit out of the tragedy.

Maybe the "truth" lies somewhere between the two...

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I said "most" CBM directors cause of Nolan obviously. I'm speaking the truth here. I mean come on. He's way better than Zach Snyder or David Ayer. Patty Jenkins did a good job with Wonder Woman, sure, but like that movie will be lucky to make my top 20. It's barely in there right now and I've only seen 40 movies this year. I plan to see a lot more. I expect TLJ to be in the top 5.

lol I was only messing around, I try to leave my tiny bit of trolling to this thread only as it’s always terrible in here. 

I respect your opinion and think he’ll do a good job with Star Wars. I just like other people more then him. You didn’t mention Matt Reeves or James Wan and that’s just two right off the top I like more(along with Jenkins). I don’t mind Snyder and think he does some stuff well but I’m no die hard fan or anything. 

I’m just not as excited about Star Wars as Most of you are. I like Star Wars and will see it opening weekend but I just never got into as much as the comic book stuff, Superman just has a special place in my heart as I’ve been reading about him since I was like 5. 

• Community Manager
8 minutes ago, cax16 said:

lol I was only messing around, I try to leave my tiny bit of trolling to this thread only as it’s always terrible in here. 

I respect your opinion and think he’ll do a good job with Star Wars. I just like other people more then him. You didn’t mention Matt Reeves or James Wan and that’s just two right off the top I like more(along with Jenkins). I don’t mind Snyder and think he does some stuff well but I’m no die hard fan or anything. 

I’m just not as excited about Star Wars as Most of you are. I like Star Wars and will see it opening weekend but I just never got into as much as the comic book stuff, Superman just has a special place in my heart as I’ve been reading about him since I was like 5. 

Matt Reeves is amazing and I would lose my shit if he did a Star Wars movie. I know he's doing Batman but I don't count him (or James Wan) as CBM directors until they've actually...directed a CBM.

In my opinion, only Richard Donner has done good Superman movies so far. But I also think Tom Welling was the best Clark Kent so....:lol:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Reeves is the best blockbuster director working right now.

Only blockbusters he has directed are from apes franchise. Seems early to give that title when nolan has directed 3 blockbusters other than TDK franchise with better critical and financial results.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

6lzsdlmmawqz.jpg

If her face was where Hamil's face is, I could agree.   They don't even put her up there with him equally...which would be fine if she is in the movie because....Luke and Leia.    Kinda looks like they are downplaying her if anything.