Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Zack Snyder is an influential director, He will be on cinema's history books whether you like Him or not. I had to google Rian Johnson to remember which movies he's made.

Let's wait for ten years and see what happens.....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Zack Snyder is an influential director, He will be on cinema's history books whether you like Him or not. I had to google Rian Johnson to remember which movies he's made.

Johnson directed the first episode of Terriers, which by itself is a higher achievement than anything Snyder has done or will do.

28 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

To you. Keyword to you. 

I doubt any any of the GA will remember most directors outside of Spielberg, Nolan or Lucas. In terms of film buffs, Snyder has competition with a lot of strong directors and producers, like Lord and Miller, Reeves, and many more. While his style has a substantial amount of fans, his films tend to be divisive. I don't think he'll be remembered as one of the greats.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, YourMother said:

To you. Keyword to you. 

I doubt any any of the GA will remember most directors outside of Spielberg, Nolan or Lucas. In terms of film buffs, Snyder has competition with a lot of strong directors and producers, like Lord and Miller, Reeves, and many more. While his style has a substantial amount of fans, his films tend to be divisive. I don't think he'll be remembered as one of the greats.

Add Scorsese to that list. He has not made many blockbusters, but I think in terms of name recognition he is right up there with the Three you mention.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I usually don't comment on these DC/Marvel war stuff. Just to let you know that Snyder will be remembered every time the word ''Martha'' comes across,

Edited by Finnick
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Wait, what kittie did Star Wars kill for you to turn on that as well? I thought your fetish hate was only Marvel, cause DC Snyder fandom and all.

Hmm, whatever. Don't mind me, just curiosity here.

47 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wait, what kittie did Star Wars kill for you to turn on that as well? I thought your fetish hate was only Marvel, cause DC Snyder fandom and all.

Hmm, whatever. Don't mind me, just curiosity here.

I didn't turn on Star Wars, I only said Rian Johnson's work haven't been influential. I love Star Wars.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I didn't turn on Star Wars, I only said Rian Johnson's work haven't been influential. I love Star Wars.

Meh, I guess, but Looper is one of the most beloved sci-fi movies of the decade so far, after all. If YOU don't know his work, that doesn't mean that it isn't noteworthy. But, anyhow.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

7 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Thor 3's early reviews...
tumblr_oqu1zhxmOZ1r63b7ro1_540.jpg

Someone needs to replace Evans with Holland to make it current for this year.

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

He made Watchmen so that practically makes him bulletproof with me.   He even screwed up Superman twice and I can forgive him..."Well...I've still got Watchmen".

5 minutes ago, cax16 said:

So, ya. Who’s gonna be the next Batman? 

Yeah. He could easily slide out of the role now. He'll be out by January. Look at the passion he had when he was getting at the other guy, compared to his own apology. 

• Community Manager
22 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

Johnson directed the first episode of Terriers, which by itself is a higher achievement than anything Snyder has done or will do.

I also hear his work on Breaking Bad is fantastic. But yeah Looper is obviously a better film than anything Snyder has done. Don't mind Napoleon. He had to "look up Rian Johnson" despite "loving" Star Wars. :lol:

• Like 1