Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

8 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

In all seriousness though, I can't see any upcoming MCU film having even the slightest chance of being rotten. You'd think something would break the streak eventually though. 

It has a generic CGI villain, I expect it to be marked down accordingly.

8 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

Remember when EmpireCity was cautious about revealing the tracking and his opinion about Justice League because he didn't want DC fans to ruffle him?

He hot takes were that Wonder Woman was bad and Justice League was fine.

He hasn't exactly covered himself in glory recently, so he has a right to be cautious.

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

Nah, its going to take a lot more than generic CGI villain for critics to mark it down. Critics are way mare forgiving when it comes to the MCU. Weak plot or weak villains won't sway them... 

7 hours ago, AndyK said:

If they make it look as good as Hulk, Rocket and Groot (which I don't see why they wouldn't), I highly doubt it. As for character, well it's not like Marvel doesn't get away with meh villains lol.

4 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

If they make it look as good as Hulk, Rocket and Groot (which I don't see why they wouldn't), I highly doubt it. As for character, well it's not like Marvel doesn't get away with meh villains lol.

I've always thought Hulks CGI to be pretty poor TBH.

15 hours ago, 75Live said:

at this point, I don't think there will ever be a rotten Marvel

There’s a funny equivalence here to a wholly different brand and industry that would serve Disney well with both Star Wars and Marvel. So far they’re 100% anyway. 

Theres a brand of wine that the founders of this country drank too it’s so old, arguably the greatest dessert wine on earth: Chateau D’Yquem. It is like an angel pissing on your tongue. Several years, they have thrown out the entire crop and not released a wine for that vintage because the wine produced that year “wasn’t good enough to bear the Chateau’s name.” 

That should be the same attitude with a valuable brand like Marvel or Star Wars. Literally better to throw out $200 million and start again than to tarnish the brand and cost yourself way more money long term. 

2 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

There’s a funny equivalence here to a wholly different brand and industry that would serve Disney well with both Star Wars and Marvel. So far they’re 100% anyway. 

Theres a brand of wine that the founders of this country drank too it’s so old, arguably the greatest dessert wine on earth: Chateau D’Yquem. It is like an angel pissing on your tongue. Several years, they have thrown out the entire crop and not released a wine for that vintage because the wine produced that year “wasn’t good enough to bear the Chateau’s name.” 

That should be the same attitude with a valuable brand like Marvel or Star Wars. Literally better to throw out $200 million and start again than to tarnish the brand and cost yourself way more money long term. 

*looks at Kennedy firing directors in the middle of production*

Huh...That's certainly an apt analogy.

• Like 1

This is one of the questions that John Campea got on his web show that he discussed

Ben Rainer - Why is everyone already jumping to conclusions that JL is going to lose money. I understand it “only” made $94 million dollars opening weekend. But look at another movie Avatar THAT “only" made $77 million dollars in it’s opening weekend and that turned out to be the highest grossing movie of all time.

:hahaha:

20 hours ago, RandomJC said:

The nerd in me wants to point out that Dr. Strange is very much a match for Superman. (Magic being very explicitly one of Supes big weaknesses) and only a faux fan boy would be so blind. (Fate would destroy Supes.)

That not nerd in me is long dead.

Hell, in the DC COmic Universe, Zatana is one of the few JL members Supes is a little scared of.  She is a powerful sorceress,and Supes as you point out, Magic is one of his vulnerabalties. Hell, when they meet, Zatana can generally hold her own with  Circe.

I love that Zatana says she is a stage magician as her "secret identity" because a stage musician is the last person on earth people would suspect of having actual magical powers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Seriously. What is Campea's obsession with this? Is he a producer on the movie?

Campea has toned down it a bit after the weekend and is more rationale with the numbers like Grace Randolph now. Collider on the other hand is still in denial mode. And I don't even wanna know how Screenjunkies are spinning this. 

• Thanks 1