Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I mean, I kinda hate to bring this trash name into the convo but Disney owned Miramax for years and during that time, they released Pulp Fiction, Heavenly Creatures, The English Patient, Good Will Hunting, Velvet Goldmine, and other weird shit. If this happens, I'm pretty sure Fox will just do its own thing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

It would be. It would be a great thing! I could stream all of their stuff on Disney’s new service. The more power Disney has the better. As a Star Wars fan, I approve.

Getting the Fox Film and TV show library for streaming is one of the main reasons Disney wants to acquire Fox..probably a bigger reason then getting the X men/FF back.

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

I mean, I kinda hate to bring this trash name into the convo but Disney owned Miramax for years and during that time, they released Pulp Fiction, Heavenly Creatures, The English Patient, Good Will Hunting, Velvet Goldmine, and other weird shit. If this happens, I'm pretty sure Fox will just do its own thing.

The deal will almost certainly,to avoid Anti Trust problems, set up Fox as an independent company under the Disney umbrella. Fox will continure to do it's own thing. I think Marvel Studios will get involved with the Fox Owned Marvel stuff, but otherwise FOx will make it'w one decisions. For instance, the Mouse is not stupid,they saw how much money Deadpool made, they will let Ryan Reynolds do his R rated movies so long as they are cash cows. A separate Fox label would allow Disney to get back into adult R rated material without damaging the Disney brand.

Edited by dudalb

Kind of hoping Disney buys FOX at this point. Does the X-Men (proper costumes) and FF right but keeps Deadpool his own thing that's very much R. And I hope they finally get the rights back to the original unedited cuts of the Star Wars OT.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

DC Films needs to go ALL IN on their female heroes/stories.

Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Gotham City Sirens, Mera, Supergirl, White/Black Canary, Starfire/Raven, Hawkgirl, Vixen.

They have that advantage over Marvel. Drive it home.

Do they really though?

Wonder Woman - 2017

Wonder Woman2 - 2019

Batgirl and Gotham City Sirens don't have scripts. Do they have a release date on the calendar? 2018 isn't happening for Batgirl anymore.

Ant-Man & the Wasp - 2018

Captain Marvel - 2019

Marvel is likely to move on She-Hulk, Spider-woman, maybe even Black Widow finally and let's not rule out Jane Foster Thor. Hell if Lang dies there could just be a Wasp solo film.

14 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Kind of hoping Disney buys FOX at this point. Does the X-Men (proper costumes) and FF right but keeps Deadpool his own thing that's very much R. And I hope they finally get the rights back to the original unedited cuts of the Star Wars OT.

you do realize if the regime Disney buys FOX then its over with R rated Deadpool or even R rated movies from FOX ever again. Disney is a movie company plague.

Edited by mredman

4 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

Good point.

It would be a GREAT thing.

Finally the Star Wars films would be together and maybe we get the original theatrical versions on home video.

Finally getting good X-men films where Cyclops, Storm, and Rogue aren't minor characters and it's not Wolverine and Friends.

I like having more studios instead of less. Why not have WB but Sony and Universal buy Paramount. 

27 minutes ago, mredman said:

you do realize if the regime Disney buys FOX then its over with R rated Deadpool or even R rated movies from FOX ever again. Disney is a movie company plague.

Given how much damn money Deadpool made, Disney will allow Ryan Reynolds to make his R rated deadpool 2 ,and release it under the Fox label to keep the "family friendly" labeling for Disney films.

The Mouse did release R rated films on a regular basis, though under different studio labels . I suspect they have been planning to move back in R rated territory, with how well some R rated movies have been performing. In the end it's all about the Benjys, and Disney will make and release R rated films if it's a lucrative things to do.

And I smell some Sour Grapes with you hatred of Disney..probsably because they own Marvel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mredman said:

I doubt it. Disney see's how profitable Deadpool has been and I think they would leave it alone. I'm sure they realize a large portion of what has made the character such a success is the R rating. And Disney used to run R rated films through Miramax. Can't see it being much different.

Plus they already have the more adult oriented shows on Netflix which aren't really connected to the films MCU (at least not yet). I could see them adding Deadpool in certain properties but toning him down there....but outside of that, giving Ryan Reynolds the freedom to do what he wants while working with Feige.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Last AndyLL said:

When I was on Netflix the other day it seemed like 90% of the 'trending now' was Disney

When they become up and running, Disney, Apple and Netflix are going to end up destroying network TV. The only channels that will make it out will be cable and premium. Producers know the audience is changing and they can't push the limits as far as they can on network TV as other platforms.