Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

There was also some weird LOTR vs. HP fanwar back then too.

Oh, yeah. That got so bad South Park made some jokes about it.

But the infighting between those who objected to ANY changes in the books and those who pretty much would accept anything got to be really bad.

37 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Kjsooner was insufferable, he got threadbanned. So, one other dude, Grey Ghost, was nitpicky but he's free to respond to all posters that are also free to post their negative opinions. He wasn't insulting anybody like KJsooner.

Holy shit. 2 guys! 2 guys and you were already freaking out like all Marvel fans conspired and dropped on you for a witch hunt and pulling a Both Side-ism when it was really 2 butthurt guys out of 100 who didn't mind the negativity ("Thanos sucks!" for countless pages).

Wait, do you expect me to name everyone?

Man, this is getting tiresome.

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If the Fox/Disney deal goes through....which has IMHO good and bad points...I suspect some of the X Men franchise fans...many of who really hate Marvel Studios....will have a pretty impressive meltdown.

What are the good points?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Kjsooner was insufferable, he got threadbanned. So, one other dude, Grey Ghost, was nitpicky but he's free to respond to all posters that are also free to post their negative opinions. He wasn't insulting anybody like KJsooner.

Holy shit. 2 guys! 2 guys and you were already freaking out like all Marvel fans conspired and dropped on you for a witch hunt and pulling a Both Side-ism when it was really 2 butthurt guys out of 100 who didn't mind the negativity ("Thanos sucks!" for countless pages).

I gotta apologize to all the sensible members who were deeply hurt by my constant sarcastic remarks in the Infinity War thread.

In my defense, @Chewy is a really influential person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I would not mind seeing what Feige could do with the Fantastic Four and the X Men;my  main concern is that Fox, for all it's flaws, has been willing to take some chances,and has allowed Fox Searchlite to fund some interesting small films. Sadly, funding small original films does not seem to be part of the Disney style nowdays.

I don't mind The Mouse making huge amounts of money, but think they need to pay it back by occasionally funding a project that might make a interesting film but not be the most commercial project at the planet earth.

Just now, dudalb said:

I would not mind seeing what Feige could do with the Fantastic Four and the X Men;my  main concern is that Fox, for all it's flaws, has been willing to take some chances,and has allowed Fox Searchlite to fund some interesting small films. Sadly, funding small original films does not seem to be part of the Disney style nowdays.

I don't mind The Mouse making huge amounts of money, but think they need to pay it back by occasionally funding a project that might make a interesting film but not be the most commercial project at the planet earth.

I don't think that buying Fox would make Disney any more likely to pay it back...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

I gotta apologize to all the sensible members who were deeply hurt by my constant sarcastic remarks in the Infinity War thread.

In my defense, @Chewy is a really influential person. 

No reason to apologize. People need to relax on this. We talking about movies, trailers, and box office to which no of us have any stakes in. Fighting on this forum is the definition of first world problems. 

59 minutes ago, Coco Bottle said:

The genre won't always be dominant, eventually people will want something new regardless of quality, but for it to truly fade away, it's going to need more than just one or two bad movies a year now that we have many releases. When the vast majority being released are bad, that's when the genre is in trouble. One movie in an otherwise extremely strong CBM year is an outlier. But if it was the other way around, if only one CBM movie did well and had a good reception, the genre would be in trouble.

I agree with all that.   But don't agree that a single film has zero effect.   It doesn't go from zero to a hundred after a certain amount of unliked films.    If 5 films means "it's in trouble" that means that each film had a negative effect.

50 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

There was also some weird LOTR vs. HP fanwar back then too.

Star Trek fans vs Star Wars fans invented everything.

33 minutes ago, cannastop said:

X-men films about the X-men instead of Wolverine.   17 years later and we are still waiting for Fox to get around to Storm (unforgivable sin), Rogue, Cyclops, Colossus, Iceman, and Angel.   They only briefly featured Jean and Nightcrawler.    Another benefit is a studio that wouldn't butcher some of the greatest storylines in comics history like Dark Phoenix and Age of Apocalypse and which knows how to maintain a reasonable continuity from film to film.

Oh...and a studio that won't epic fail with FF and doesn't waste great characters like Dr Doom, Galactus, and Silver Surfer.

edit:  And maybe best of all a studio that is not contractually FORCED to release movies.   Marvel would have the ability to NOT make X-movies.   There have been 9 of them in 17 years...that's overkill for any franchise.

20 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's not really taking a big chance when you lower the budget.   Money is the risk so a lower budget makes it the same risk as the others.

If you are talking about Deadpool then there is no way Disney is going to ignore numbers like this:

WW gross:  $783,112,979

Budget:  58 million

They'll just release it the same way they've always released R rated movies.

Edited by Harpospoke

6 hours ago, mredman said:

like i said the plot for IW is exactly the same as the plot for JL.

Heroes get together to defend earth against Stepenwolf and preventing him to get all mother boxes = JL

Heroes get together to defend earth against Thanos and preventing him to get all Infinity Stones = IW

The plot might be the same but the results of the release won't. :ph34r: