Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

They already had those rights.

They only thing they didn't have are the distribution rights to Episode 4 (thats why the Fox logo is removed from iTunes copies of Episode 5&6). The distribution rights for 5&6 revert in a year or so. Fox were happy to distribute those films for Disney for years, so I don't think Disney getting those rights back means that much.

Maybe a new overpriced box-set. 

I did say full rights. I was specifically talking about distribution rights. And it can continue my fanboy dream of getting the Original versions of those films available.

In some kind of overpriced box-set. Go the whole Blade Runner route and release the 5 different cuts of each film in one set.

Edited by Sand-omJC
  • Like 2

I can't be the only one who isn't a fan of Disney buying out Fox. 

The great thing about having all these different studios is that they all have a different vision for what they want to do with their material. 

Like you can't tell me that Disney would have ever put out Logan or Deadpool. I'm just using these two movies as an example but think of the effects that will occur across the board. 

Of course I'd love to see the different universes come together but not like this. 

• Like 4

This decade has definitely been a Disney decade. I was wondering if they could still be successful at this level the next decade. Buying Fox will give them Avatar, which means Disney can keep this level of success going. They could also give Star Wars a rest for a few years until the new trilogy is ready, which helps to keep it fresh.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Nope. Why would it? 

It’s a valid question because you’d find this in many contracts. Some have a “key man” clause that triggers right to transfer once someone leaves or others when a company is sold. Even a pseudo “poison pill” type of situation to prevent hostile takeovers. Lots of ways rights can change hands if that’s how it’s written.

Im very excited by this news. Star Wars, Avatar, Marvel, live action Disney, animated Disney, yeah so good luck everybody else! Have fun fighting for table scraps with, err... DC and... umm.. The Mummy? Mission Impossible? Eh I got nothing. Apparently they don’t either! Lol

I suspect Searchlight and the more adult oriented films like Kingsman will be done under the Fox names, I wonder if it'll be like DreamWorks where DreamWorks Animation licenses the name to SKG, I could envision Fox licensing the Fox name to Disney for the film and TV studios or vice versa.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nova said:

I can't be the only one who isn't a fan of Disney buying out Fox. 

The great thing about having all these different studios is that they all have a different vision for what they want to do with their material. 

Like you can't tell me that Disney would have ever put out Logan or Deadpool. I'm just using these two movies as an example but think of the effects that will occur across the board. 

Of course I'd love to see the different universes come together but not like this. 

Of course Disney wouldn't. That's why they'd release it under Fox, or Fox Searchlight. Or something. Disney's released R-rated movies in the past, just under different brands, as to not be "Disney"

They wouldn't stop Deadpool 2 or make it a PG-13 just because of "brand" they'd just release it under Fox.

• Like 2

So when Disney buys out FOX that means we'll probably get 4+ Marvel movies a year as they would take over all the release dates that FOX would have initially had for their movies when they were a standalone movie studio. Remember 2016 had both Apocalpyse and Deadpool both are FOX movie releases together with Civil War and Doc Strange of Disney / Marvel. Now with Disney buying out FOX we could potentially see those 2 FOX CBM's be an addition to the typical 2 MCU movies per year except now those 2 FOX CBM's will be absorbed into the MCU as MCU movies. So in the future the landscape of CBM's released will be 4 MCU movies, 1 Sony spider-verse movie, 2 DCU movies for a grand total of 7 CBM's per year at the very least.

1 minute ago, Sand-omJC said:

Of course Disney wouldn't. That's why they'd release it under Fox, or Fox Searchlight. Or something. Disney's released R-rated movies in the past, just under different brands, as to not be "Disney"

They wouldn't stop Deadpool 2 or make it a PG-13 just because of "brand" they'd just release it under Fox.

Marvel Studios could easily release Deadpool or they revive Touchstone

3 minutes ago, Sand-omJC said:

THIS.

I think Disney just re-names Fox Searchlight as just "Searchlight" and uses it as the main banner for any of their R-rated releases.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sand-omJC said:

My point was that Disney would have never green lit a Deadpool movie to begin with. Fox only green lit out of desperation and fan demand. And Logan would have never have been made either. 

Not what it means going forward. Disney loves money....so they'll find a way to keep Deadpool going. They'll release Deadpool the way they released the Punisher. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Marvel Studios could easily release Deadpool or they revive Touchstone

I can see Marvel attempting to add New Mutants and Deadpool into the MCU but not the X-Men. Perhaps if Disney gets it, AMaTW introduces the Foxverse XMen due to the multiverse aspect.