Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

He annoys the hell outta me. When he left Collider I nearly jumped for joy

Everyone's leaving Collider these days. 

As far as Campea goes, why even mention this and not share the scoop? Seems like he's just waiting for something to break and then claim credit for it. Also, his Batman scoop has yet to happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

^^^Sure Jimmy, if you say so. 

Millions of moviegoers disagree with your rose-colored and slanted perception of quality but hey, keep the Gospel of Cameron going my man. Good Kool-Aid there?!

Well hundreds of millions agree with me so I guess your perception of reality is a little off.

It's honestly weird you think Avatar isn't high quality. I mean I could understand if you were a film snob who only watches silent era... but you have a marvel avatar and seemingly marvel inspired name, lol.

Edited by IronJimbo

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

Millions of moviegoers disagree with your rose-colored and slanted perception of quality

Are you really denying the antecedent? I can't even tell if you are, whatever your argument is it's totally illogical. 

Is schooling really failing this many Americans?! 

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Well hundreds of millions agree with me so I guess your perception of reality is a little off.

It's honestly weird you think Avatar isn't high quality. I mean I could understand if you were a film snob who only watches silent era... but you have a marvel avatar and seemingly marvel inspired name, lol.

I love kicking your dander up Jim. You're too easy.

I never said Avatar didn't have some quality, it's just it only has technical merit quality. 

I created this username well over a decade ago on a sci-fi board as an homage to ship Captains. It does work in the comic field as well though.

47 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I love kicking your dander up Jim. You're too easy.

I never said Avatar didn't have some quality, it's just it only has technical merit quality. 

I created this username well over a decade ago on a sci-fi board as an homage to ship Captains. It does work in the comic field as well though.

Is Avatar a high quality film, yes or no?

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, DAR said:

Avatar is a good but never great film and I’ll leave it at that

Terminator 2 is better than Avatar. True Lies is better than Avatar. Avatar is better than The Abyss though.

My hot takes are scorching right?

5 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

:hahaha::hahaha:

Wait, you're not being serious are you? 

That Cameron killed off Quaritch in "Avatar" seems to have passed Jim by........

The whole "Darth Vader of The New Millinium" routine is just another form of the Cameron fanboy fantasy:That Star Wars as a franchise is going to die and Avatar take it's place.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I answered that question already. Sentence three.

I think the idea of "Avatar is high quality film as  far as technical aspects go, but seriously flawed when it comes to screenplay,plot and chatecters"  is simply hard for the die hard fanboys to understand.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Terminator 2 is better than Avatar. True Lies is better than Avatar. Avatar is better than The Abyss though.

Agreed. Though Avatar has one of the same problems that Abyss had;Cameron's constant preaching a message, which he is not very good at.

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

It's a film for sure.

Thanks for that

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

All Jims are fantastic and T2 is my favourite so no problems here.

Jimmies best scene is John Connor walking down through the bunker in terminator 2... really triggers the imagination.

• Like 3