Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

I think all of the major brands need to come together and denounce bigotry and hatred within their fandoms. Star Wars needs to lead the charge.

Just don't understand the fanboy or the fanhards bullying. It's like they have nothing else to do in life but continually stalk their fandom, going as far as living and dying for them.

And they're everywhere, even here. There's quite a few of these kind of posters in this forum.

28 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Where were those people when Zack Snyder was being harassed? The hypocrisy...

Mostly because people seem to think saying Zack Snyder is mediocre and his work is trash is harassment when it’s more film criticism that his fans don’t seem to get

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Where were those people when Zack Snyder was being harassed? The hypocrisy...

They must have been too busy sending death threats to reviewers that didn't like BvS.

Anyway, in a very ironic fashion, it's evident that the wave of political correctness and identity politics has failed spectacularly, and has in fact worsened the situation instead of making things better, despite their goodwill intentions.

It's as Vision describes it in CW. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict brings catastrophe.

And another thing is, bigots are idiots. There's no way around it. No matter what reason they have behind their logic, it all comes down to close-mindedness. You all know how it goes: It's really hard to win an argument against an intelligent person, but it's near damn impossible to win an argument against an idiot. So dialogue does not work. It never worked with zealots anyway. The only way to work this out is through education, but at the same time we need to shy away from political correctness and the obsession about group identity. You can't force someone to be decent, it has to be organic.

Edited by LaughingEvans
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, arlo said:

Just saw a great video on this by John Campea:

Reveal hidden contents

I set the timestamp to 22:58 for the key part, but he starts addressing this issue 16 minutes in. To briefly summarize, he said to the reasonable majority of TLJ detractors, while you don't support or identify with this bigoted/cyberbullying faction, they are identifying themselves with you. They are attaching themselves like leeches to the majority, trying to hijack the movement and steal the credit for tanking Solo, when it's obvious that there were much bigger factors, including just people who had legitimate issues with TLJ and aren't bigoted at all. So Campea is asking those reasonable detractors to denounce the bigots and bullies. We'll see how many of these anti-TLJ blogs and video channels come to Kelly Marie Tran's defense and stop ignoring or downplaying the problem.

Given Campeas targeted harassment of celebrities, he's the last one to give lectures.

• Thanks 1

On 05/06/2018 at 3:08 AM, The Futurist said:

Cinephiles are the worst fanboys.

The way they believe in their auteur directors is blind fanatism with little to no self-awareness.

They refuse to grow up and mature and accept the auteur concept/idea is mostly a fallacy.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLSHIT.

To put it in terms that you can understand, because apparently it's too "dudebro" to like darker and intellectual movies (because that's CLEARLY ten times more dudebro than only liking 'fun movies' ft. explosions, but whatever, to each their own), if this were true, our precious Kevin Feige couldn't produce his movies the way he wants. Because all of the MCU's movies have his auteur stamp and his vision all over them. Sometimes he hires directors that only see through his vision without adding a personality of their own (i.e. Watts, Derrickson), sometimes they bring their own flavour to the mix and make it a badass cocktail (i.e. Gunn, Waititi, Russos kinda). Same for your ever so precious Michael Bay. All of his films have his style and his auteur ideas. Auteurism exists since the birth of film itself, and to say what you said is an actual, real fallacy. Like, it couldn't be more of a fallacy even if you said "cinema cannot be called a form of art".

^^^^

I don't believe 1/2 of these get made. Also, what time frame does this list cover? Out to 2022 or 2030?

The rumored one I like the most is Blackhawks. The rare blend of wartime heroics set on the superhero backdrop. Unlike WW it can play even more like a war film since none of the Hawks, that I recall, had any superset other than being fearlessly brave and very capable with the best hardware of the time. 

Booster Gold? Lobo? I would not hold my breath.

38 minutes ago, Star-Lord said:

Damn! WB has 26 upcoming DC movies in their slate?

They have 3 upcoming DC movies and 23 ideas that have been kicked around to various degrees but could very well go nowhere.

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

They have 3 upcoming DC movies and 23 ideas that have been kicked around to various degrees but could very well go nowhere.

It'll be interesting to see how many of their 4 dates for 2020 get changed.

15 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I can’t believe they don’t have a joker film in there ......:sparta:

Joker wishes he was Harley Quinn right now.

A solo movie, a buddy movie with Joker, GCS, BOP, and SS2. Maybe even pop up in The Batman or Batgirl or Nightwing.

WB, milking that Margot.

7 hours ago, AndyK said:

Given Campeas targeted harassment of celebrities, he's the last one to give lectures.

That's a serious allegation that I hope you can back up with strong evidence and aren't just casually throwing out to deflect from all the vicious, bigoted verbal abuse that Kelly Marie Tran has been subjected to.

14 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

So where do we things going with Aquaman and Bumblebee opening up the same weekend? It seems like a situation that could hurt one or both movies. I have more faith in Aquaman overall but the reactions to JL will do it no favors.

WB will move just like they always do in face of direct competition. Lets not forget how BvS moved away from Civil War both of which were opening on the same weekend.