Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 hours ago, poweranimals said:

So where do we things going with Aquaman and Bumblebee opening up the same weekend? It seems like a situation that could hurt one or both movies. I have more faith in Aquaman overall but the reactions to JL will do it no favors.

Bumblebee is going to win at its current rate. The teaser trailer is giving it tons of positive momentum right now. Both are part of tainted brands but TF has better international pull than DC and this version of Aquaman is an anti-draw.

4 hours ago, poweranimals said:

So where do we things going with Aquaman and Bumblebee opening up the same weekend? It seems like a situation that could hurt one or both movies. I have more faith in Aquaman overall but the reactions to JL will do it no favors.

I think we need to wait until we see a full trailer, but if Bumblebee manages to beat both  Aquaman and Alita, the fanboy meltdown from the DC fans and the Cameron fanboys would be epic....

And, yeah, Warners expected Aquaman to have a strong headwind from JL, but that did not happen.

Even givne how friendly the Holidays are for multi film openings, one of these big sci fi films is going under. Just too much competiton.

22 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Image result for double face palm

The Emperor of France needs to go back to Elba......

God, Napoleon and his worship of Snyder makes the over the top James Cameron fanboys here look reasonable....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Star-Lord said:

Damn! WB has 26 upcoming DC movies in their slate?

Of which maybe 5 or 6 will make it to the screen and the rest will vanish into development hell, never to be heard of again.

10 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

Can they just scrap the whole list and give Booster Gold to Lord/Miller or someone with similar style?

I would love a Booster Gold movie, but also fear that Warners would manage to mess it up.

you have to play Booster purely for laughs,and not sure the DCU is capable of that.

9 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

What's it like being part of a cult?

You are talking about the guy who, six months after it opened...and bombed...assured us that a Ghostbusters 2016 sequel was happening.....

The Emperor of France has been off in his won little reality for some time..

Edited by dudalb

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:18 PM, IceFire9yt said:

The difference, imo, is that the Civil War arguments weren't about whether they loved or hated the movie.  Most fans on both sides enjoyed Civil War- but just had very different interpretations of it.  And honestly, the Steve v. Tony arguments pale in comparison to the shipping wars that many fandoms go through.  I think that arguments of this sort are actually a sign of health for a fandom- because it shows passionate interest in the material.  

The schism caused by TLJ is a different beast- an argument over whether the movie was visionary and broke new ground or defiled beloved characters and ruined the setup from TFA.  I don't believe this is healthy for a fandom.

When SW fans divide, they seldom have a civil discussion. You should have been around after TPM opened....

I think differing opinions are good for a fandom...a fandom where everybody was in lockstep would be pretty boring....but the problem is for some reason when it comes to some fandosm..SW is one of the bad ones in this regard, there is no such thing as "agreeing to disagree".

Edited by dudalb

5 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Where's my Plastic Man movie WB? 😠

RIght behind my Metal Men film......

Irony is they don't mention  "Blackhawk" which, with Spielberg involved, has a much better chance of reaching the screen then most of those...

3 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Where's my Plastic Man movie WB? 😠

In Warner Bros. archives and the Wachowski's home file folders.  They wrote a treatment for it during the 1990s that never got made.

...You can always check out Ralph Dibney/Elongated Man, currently on The CW's The Flash... 😁

Edited by Macleod

On 6/4/2018 at 9:10 AM, Barnack said:

Not sure about Steppenwolf, but Thanos was high level (and quite new) CGI, must have cost a fortune, the blend of realism injected into an obvious purple fake guy worked quite well. From Gollum to now the Apes&Hulk&Thanos... etc... maybe turned a corner and what is possible to do and what people will come up with.

High level for Marvel maybe.

0knE0BGqn5Kp2isjD8TpgcxdOh4yZr8d2QxUiv2R

ZjgbhcM0fD4NApp206Sdr9VfWOV-E8A_4Ze3HihC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

So it's confirmed: You dont get to be a James Cameron fanboy without being skilled in Photoshop work.

I guess so.

This spoiler below contains Infinity War spoilers to a small degree! Come at the king and you better not miss.

Spoiler

jeqQJ8Z.jpg

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1