Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

7 hours ago, JB33 said:

Thanos fight on Titan. Thats coming from someone who loves the fight scene you posted.

Him vs Hulk is great but I wouldn't compare the two, feel like that's recency bias.

DC's ugly slo-mo fighting aesthetic almost ruined Wonder Woman.

Literally any of the scenes in TWS is better than that BvS scene lol

Edited by Rebeccas
  • Like 4

Lol I’m not watching this guys video. 

But the one liners and constant hit and miss jokes almost ruined Infinity War for me. Maybe character overload though. 

Maybe thats why MCU peaked for me with battle scenes way back in 2012. They’ve never been able to recapture the magic of that one long tracking shot in Avengers. Where no one says a word. 

Wonder Woman stopping during the no-man’s-land scene to make a one liner “comedy” zinger would reduce its impact. 

• ...wtf 1

That’s without mentioning the editing at the start of Civil War making it almost unwatchable.

And if the guy mentions villains then I just have to laugh. 

I think thats the one weak weak point in MCU we can all agree on. Red Skull? In Civil War whoever the villain was, he was overshadowed by in fighting. Hela was like a pantomime drag queen. I can’t even remember the name of the villains from Ant Man or Doctor Strange. They’ve repeated Loki several times. No one seems to like Ultron, I liked his voice lol. 

Thanos was the first time they’ve had a villain that actually poses a threat. but the characters still constantly take the piss out of him with jokes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Lol I’m not watching this guys video. 

But the one liners and constant hit and miss jokes almost ruined Infinity War for me. Maybe character overload though. 

Maybe thats why MCU peaked for me with battle scenes way back in 2012. They’ve never been able to recapture the magic of that one long tracking shot in Avengers. Where no one says a word. 

Wonder Woman stopping during the no-man’s-land scene to make a one liner “comedy” zinger would reduce its impact. 

When the MCU wants to they can do a serious fight hence Iron Man vs Captain America I dont recall a single joke being used when they were fighting in Civil War

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

And if the guy mentions villains then I just have to laugh. 

I think thats the one weak weak point in MCU we can all agree on. Red Skull? In Civil War whoever the villain was, he was overshadowed by in fighting. Hela was like a pantomime drag queen. I can’t even remember the name of the villains from Ant Man or Doctor Strange. They’ve repeated Loki several times. No one seems to like Ultron, I liked his voice lol. 

Thanos was the first time they’ve had a villain that actually poses a threat. but the characters still constantly take the piss out of him with jokes. 

The MCU has improved their villains so lets not act like DCEU is doing anything when they have yet to give a great villain hell even a memorable one

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

When the MCU wants to they can do a serious fight hence Iron Man vs Captain America I dont recall a single joke being used when they were fighting in Civil War

They should try it more often.

Not a fan of their fight though, think it’s because that film felt like it should’ve ended at the airport.  

Do the villain wars come from the realisation that Marvel will never have anything close to Heath Ledgers academy award winning Joker performance? Or it’s cultural impact? 

Success breeds contempt and we're seeing that in spades in this thread. We all know which one is the successful one and which one is holding them in contempt. 

7 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Success breeds contempt and we're seeing that in spades in this thread. We all know which one is the successful one and which one is holding them in contempt. 

Yeah capefans are really jealous I got to say.

• Haha 2

Enjoy your MCU villain jabs while you still can. Mysterio is coming.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

39a552be661852978999b0c8f8fed2ac.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7275126

• Like 1

It might be bait, but it is also an excuse to stan:

G.O.A.T

The fireworks = perfection. 

This is how you do fun!

ETA, and not to forget:

G.O.A.T. (ESS)

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

It might be bait, but it is also an excuse to stan:

G.O.A.T

The fireworks = perfection. 

This is how you do fun!

I still maintain that the fights scenes in Winter Soldier are really poorly directed. Just a bunch of quick cuts and shaky cam. The action has always been the weakest aspect of any of the Russo's films for me. Especially the opening scene in Civil War. 

Those other two examples are neat though. 

• Like 2

I am afraid that there is a chance of superhero fatigue somewhat happening after avengers4. The combo of infinity war+avengers 4 will probably set the bar way too high thus making future superhero films feel small and insignificant in comparison and avengers 4 does seem a bit like an end of an era to me.