Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

51 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Sam Worthington had neither too much nor too little charisma for the role. He had precisely the amount of charisma the role required. JC wanted you to be able to self-insert as his character. Sam was your Avatar.

I didn't know Avatar was a video game but suddenly everything makes a lot more sense.

4 hours ago, Wonder Midget said:

I love Cameron, but there's no humility at all in that quote.

Jim is overly modest, if you loved Jim you would know that! (quote isn't real)

8 hours ago, Mekanos said:

At least give me a lead actor with some charisma. Compare Sam Worthington to Leonardo Dicaprio and the difference is night and day.

Jake Sully was booming with charisma in his Avatar body, did you even watch the film? You see Jake more in his Avatar body than human one by the way. A theme of the film is rebirth and in the directors cut Jake's twin in a coffin gets slid into the incinerator then it cuts to Jake sliding out of his cyrosleep chamber, he was purposely unenergetic/depressed in his human body.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim is overly modest, if you loved Jim you would know that! (quote isn't real)

Jake Sully was booming with charisma in his Avatar body, did you even watch the film? You see Jake more in his Avatar body than human one by the way. A theme of the film is rebirth and in the directors cut Jake's twin in a coffin gets slid into the incinerator then it cuts to Jake sliding out of his cyrosleep chamber, he was purposely unenergetic/depressed in his human body.

Yes. Apparently having anything but overabundant praise for the movie qualifies as not seeing it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Yes. Apparently having anything but overabundant praise for the movie qualifies as not seeing it. 

Do you think Jake Sully had no charisma in his Avatar body? Are you deflecting away from that...

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

13 hours ago, Barnack said:

According to this, it did pass Star Wars:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_highest-grossing_media_franchises

The Lion Kings on that list is quite high fo rthe number of movies.

Damn, I didn't even think to search the wiki. Doh. Good to be right again though. James Cameron and Pokemon - the two Kings. 

57 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Do you think Jake Sully had no charisma in his Avatar body? Are you deflecting away from that...

I think he was bland and unmemorable whether he was white or blue. Most striking character by far was actually the villain, I would say.

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I think he was bland and unmemorable whether he was white or blue. Most striking character by far was actually the villain, I would say.

You're using a different word now! He definitely had charisma and if he didn't then who the hell does.

I agree Quaritch is the most striking and is my favourite, peace and posterity through superior firepower.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

How about this one? 

S9fEo4QjmFCnzI9HFWkegHrieeQWweSXnKoNtCEO

If Cameron has spent more time on his movies instead of talking shit we would've had Avatar 4 by now. 

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

You can't be serious comparing Josh Brolin as an actor and his performance to Sam Worthington.

Comparing performance capture yeah totally. Jake Sully is a better performance than Thanos.

Ughh can't believe you would say that? Gah can't talk to you now (ugh)

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Comparing performance capture yeah totally. Jake Sully is a better performance than Thanos.

Worthington literally makes every actor on earth look like Marlon Brando.

There's a reason he's like not in anything anymore.

Edited by Rebeccas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Jake Sully was booming with charisma in his Avatar body, did you even watch the film?

Ok now I know this is trolling cause no sane person on earth would ever pair a Sam Worthington character with the word "charisma" unless it was to say he's a charisma vacuum.