Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

27 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

no sane person on earth would ever pair a Sam Worthington character with the word "charisma" unless it was to say he's a charisma vacuum.

Glad people who are objectively wrong in so few words are not the arbiters of sanity in the world. 

9 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

These incoming JC fans are becoming relentless now.

In a halfway decently ran website, a number of people would have been suspended for hijacking a thread....

30 minutes ago, JamesCameronHimself said:

Don't be ridiculous people, Sam Worthington is as charismatic as a log of wood.

I think Worthington is a good actor, but he just does not have that star charisma.

And the only actor who was really memorable in Avatar wasd Stephan Lang as the villain.

19 hours ago, Mekanos said:

I don't have a problem with Avatar's story being unoriginal, I have a problem with it being boring.

I agree. You can take a overused plot and make it interesting, but "Avatar" failed to do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

You can't be serious comparing Josh Brolin as an actor and his performance to Sam Worthington.

If you have not noticied, one of the worst traits of the JC fanboys here is they need to run down everything but Cameron films....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

In a halfway decently ran website, a number of people would have been suspended for hijacking a thread....

What do you think this thread is?

46 minutes ago, JamesCameronHimself said:

Don't be ridiculous people, Sam Worthington is as charismatic as a log of wood.

Jake Sully is more charismatic than Thanos, Jake Sully is an Avatar you know?

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If you have not noticied, one of the worst traits of the JC fanboys here is they need to run down everything but Cameron films....

How often are you going to keep repeating this. It's MCU and Disneywars I have a problem with.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 2

The best charismatic performance of Avatar was Zoe Saldana's. It's actually her best performance as an actress. She sold it all the way to the bank and better than any thing she did in MCU by a long shot. (Not that hard).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Sam Worthington is an awful actor. I can see why people call JC fans delusional. 

He isn't the greatest actor but he surprised me in Hacksaw Ridge. He was a good fit for avatar though, a beautiful new world told through the eyes of an average nobody. It makes him more relatanle than a distracting star in the lead

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Comparing performance capture yeah totally. Jake Sully is a better performance than Thanos.

Ughh can't believe you would say that? Gah can't talk to you now (ugh)

I enjoy Avatar a good bit and thought Sam did fine in it, but Brolin as Thanos was better performance than Navi Jake.

57 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And the only actor who was really memorable in Avatar wasd Stephan Lang as the villain.

He was a straight up cartoon though from the haircut, scars, his actions, and dialogue.  The funniest part is when he's blowing up the tree while sipping coffee saying things like scattering the roaches or something.  Oh and his terrorist speech.  The only great scene in Avatar is when he jumps out of the exploding ship in the armor suit thing.  Looking forward to resurrected cyborg Lang or however the fuck he's coming back.

Thanos actually was a decent(not great) villain.  It only took Marvel 10 years though.

On 6/7/2018 at 2:38 PM, Barnack said:

According to this, it did pass Star Wars:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_highest-grossing_media_franchises

The Lion Kings on that list is quite high fo rthe number of movies.

Wow, I knew Pokémon was huge but I didn’t ever figure it was THE king franchise.

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2018 at 3:52 PM, IronJimbo said:

LAST JEDI THOUGHT

If the hyperdrive suicide bomb is so effective why don't they make small unmanned ships and launch them at each other?

Dude, stop thinking about it so hard. Star Wars is for kids.

YIxbYA4LOKRTktiv_9JLRwAIdUmUqAFCI7ZF1HNT

• Haha 1

I love Avatar, but Brolin's Thanos, despite the CGI being somewhat poorer, is a better overall performance than Jake Sully's Avatar (EDIT: on second thought, Thanos didn't exhibit much range. But I did find his character magnetic to watch.). That said, Ney'tiri is head and shoulders above them both.

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 1

Serious question. How did the hyperspace ramming maneuver make it into The Last Jedi? I thought there was a story/lore group preventing that sort of universe-breaking idea making it onto the screen.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1