Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I would like for BvS to be better that it was. I root for all comic book films.

What Marvel Studios did this past weekend was continue to prove it's dominance.

Not only that but it clearly shows in finer detail just how and why WB moved BvS....even they knew the power of Captain America. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

I would like for BvS to be better that it was. I root for all comic book films.

What Marvel Studios did this past weekend was continue to prove it's dominance.

Not only that but it clearly shows in finer detail just how and why WB moved BvS....even they knew the power of Captain America Iron Man and his crew.

There, fixed it for you.

:ph34r:

Any time you see 2 giant movies slated against each other, one of them will always move.  There is never a time when they will open against each other, mostly because it is the dumbest thing each of them could every try to do and mostly because theater owners won't let them.  

If BvS and Civil War had stayed against each other, there wouldn't be enough premium screen space for each of them.  You would make theaters choose sides and Disney would crush any theater that stood against them.  

2 hours ago, nilephelan said:

Any time you see 2 giant movies slated against each other, one of them will always move.  There is never a time when they will open against each other, mostly because it is the dumbest thing each of them could every try to do and mostly because theater owners won't let them.  

If BvS and Civil War had stayed against each other, there wouldn't be enough premium screen space for each of them.  You would make theaters choose sides and Disney would crush any theater that stood against them.  

Yes, but they would both lose a ton of their audience, as much hate as their seems to be between DC and Marvel fans, they still see mostly see each others movies.

Best case scenario your probably looking at:

Civil War $125m OW

BvS $107m OW

So far, DC is doing fine box office wise.  DC's second movie already broke records in the month of March. Suicide Squad will also do well and probably out gross most Marvel movies. 

The real test is when Wonder Woman comes out. Then Flash and Aquaman.

29 minutes ago, jedieb said:

Don't know if anyone has posted this, but Rolling Stone has an article on BvS and CW:

Civil War' vs. 'Batman v Superman': What Marvel Is Getting Right
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/civil-war-vs-batman-v-superman-what-marvel-is-getting-right-20160509

really good article. I think the last part of it pretty much nailed why DC isn't working so far.

What makes the MCU work is that every principle character has not only their own personality but their own style, distinctive enough to make their standalone movies feel self-contained (or at least semi-contained), but not so disparate that they can't play in the same sandbox. It isn't just size that makes a universe: It's variety, and DC needs to find some more crayons in the box if they want to keep coloring.

• Like 2

I'm curious what would happen if Suicide Squad out grosses BvS. Of course, I'm also curious if Suicide Squad is going to feel a backlash from BvS, but my experience has taught me that the GA doesn't know the difference between Marvel/DC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

I'm curious what would happen if Suicide Squad out grosses BvS. Of course, I'm also curious if Suicide Squad is going to feel a backlash from BvS, but my experience has taught me that the GA doesn't know the difference between Marvel/DC.

I have a hard time believing SS outgrosses BvS.  If SS gets near BvS' number though, that'd be a resounding success.

Just now, kowhite said:

I have a hard time believing SS outgrosses BvS.  If SS gets near BvS' number though, that'd be a resounding success.

I'm sure WB would be thrilled with that, but I'm curious to see how things would shake out for their universe from it, especially if SS is more comedic in tone.

6 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I'm sure WB would be thrilled with that, but I'm curious to see how things would shake out for their universe from it, especially if SS is more comedic in tone.

It depends I can easily seeing it being forced and stupid if they reshoot the film for comedy only 

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

It depends I can easily seeing it being forced and stupid if they reshoot the film for comedy only 

SS is kind of the movie for me to watch for the latter half of the year. If it does well, and even comes close to BvS, DCEU will stand strong. but if it's poorly received critically and commercially, I'd be curious what WB does.

I don't really see anything in the coming months that look like it will surprise people.

21 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Oh it's going to be hilarious if SS is full of jokes after all the shots at Marvel over the years for having humor in their movies.

Edited by Harpospoke

2 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Oh it's going to be hilarious if SS is full of jokes after all the shots at Marvel over the years for having humor in their movies.

I'm waiting for the inevitable shots at Spider-Man for being all quippy. (I'm sure it's come up somewhere, haven't looked that hard, probably won't) 

• Like 1