Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

22 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Sorry, but YES, MARVEL is immune to this so long as they keep making good to great movies like CIVIL WAR, people will still continue to turn out and why?? Cause MARVEL characters are more likeable than dreary DC Doom and Gloom characters.. DC had it's time on top for several decades, but something has come along that's better with the general moviegoer in movies that don't take themselves so overly serious and when they do, you can bet there's humor to counterbalance this.. The serious tone in this movie blended with the occasional humor more than made this movie.. Scenes like this kicked ass and brought in laughs:

You're missing the point. There are a lot of average moviegoers who aren't going to differentiate between Marvel and DC films. I'm sure a lot of them went to BvS and came out of it thinking "Well that sucked." Do you think they are more or less likely to see another superhero film two months later with a similar "vs" theme? There's no question in my mind that BvS' poor reception hurt CW among non-fanboy moviegoers.

I love the MCU, but I also root for all comic book films to do well at the BO. The success of ANY comic book movie is good for the genre as a whole. 

Edited by Skullpoopl
  • Like 4

I had my fun trashing BvS in the gutter but I am not into this "war".

I hope Justice League is great.

I tried to love BvS but the movie didn't work for me, it was way too obnoxious, I don't know how else to put it.

Still love Man of Steel a LOT.

Come on Zack, prove your haters wrong and deliver some fresh tomatoes to everybody with JL.

• Like 2

One day hopefully WB opens their eyes and put guys like Timm and Dini in charge of the DC movies, their vision for the DC world will most likely reflect that of their animated creations with Superman the Animated Series, Batman the Animated Series, JLA and JLU which were all pretty good as well as a few other DC direct to DVD animations. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

A 180M OW Says it didn't hurt anything or anyone.. It's on it's way to breaking 1B probably next week.. Not bad for supposed Poor Reception to CW cause of WB's fuck up..

Don't get me wrong, CW is a huge financial success. But with the addition of SM and BP, plus the strong critical reception, even you have to admit it should have done better (*cough* 225 OW Club *cough*). The dumpster fire that was BvS is partly to blame for that, IMO.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Everyone in this thread needs to RELAX!

Just gloat over shirtless pics of Chris and Henry to calm y'all down.

Reveal hidden contents

Post shirtless pics of some of the comic book movie ladies and we got a deal!

I can handle it here. But some logic would be nice. Obviously BvS was a huge failure. Does that mean Civil War didn't fail in what it should've done? No, because it should've broken $200 mil OW and $500 mil total. It literally had EVERYTHING going for it.

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Post shirtless pics of some of the comic book movie ladies and we got a deal!

Unfortunately I think this forum follows the rules of the FCC (male nipples = allowed, female nipples = NONONONO).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Unfortunately I think this forum follows the rules of the FCC (male nipples = allowed, female nipples = NONONONO).

They need to switch their web server to Europe. :popcorn:

13 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

And there's logic at KJ??? For Fuck Sakes, you all created a WWW Thread for this movie.. Who the fuck does that??? You shitting me?? And for those who don't believe me, here's the thread:

http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=80160

1462943006244.gif

Great linking job.

(here you go: http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=80160&p=2114737 )

Edited by ChipMunky

57 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well sure.. I would love nothing more than to have had this movie make my Club a success, but that was my fault for making that prediction to begin with.. No one else, but the fact that this is MARVEL'S 13th movie making what it did pretty much means it's not slowing down any time soon...

I hope you're right man. Personally I'm starting to see some chinks in the armor.

I still contend we need a strong DCU to keep interest in the genre going. Here's hoping Suicide Squad breaks out, because if it's as bad as BvS then the DCU may be on life support... and the genre as a whole will suffer.

Edited by Skullpoopl
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Sorry, but YES, MARVEL is immune to this so long as they keep making good to great movies like CIVIL WAR, people will still continue to turn out and why?? Cause MARVEL characters are more likeable than dreary DC Doom and Gloom characters.. DC had it's time on top for several decades, but something has come along that's better with the general moviegoer in movies that don't take themselves so overly serious and when they do, you can bet there's humor to counterbalance this.. The serious tone in this movie blended with the occasional humor more than made this movie.. 

I don't buy "immune" because the current golden age for comic book movies exists because Fox, Sony, WB, and Marvel made movies the public liked.  Fanboys are missing that.   We would not be getting all these different B-list properties made into movies if not for that.   That's why it's bad when Sony, Fox, and WB made bad SH movies.   You think Marvel can carry the load alone?   I think you would be in for a big shock.    Things like Wolverine, Green Lantern, BvS, and TASM hurt the genre.   That's when you get "super hero fatigue".   The public needs movies they like to keep spending money on SH movies.    We, as comic book movie fans, need the public to like Xmen Apocalypse and Suicide Squad.    If not....can you guess what will happen to Dr Strange?   And suppose Dr Strange is not well liked either?    That's going to have a negative effect on the other studios' movies as well.

It's a symbiotic relationship.   If you want to keep getting stuff like BP, Ms Marvel, and Ant-Man....you'd better hope the other studios step up too and keep interest in the genre alive or we will eventually lose it.

5 hours ago, Skullpoopl said:

You're missing the point. There are a lot of average moviegoers who aren't going to differentiate between Marvel and DC films. I'm sure a lot of them went to BvS and came out of it thinking "Well that sucked." Do you think they are more or less likely to see another superhero film two months later with a similar "vs" theme? There's no question in my mind that BvS' poor reception hurt CW among non-fanboy moviegoers.

I love the MCU, but I also root for all comic book films to do well at the BO. The success of ANY comic book movie is good for the genre as a whole. 

You get it.    It's a simple question.   The marketplace is affected by good and bad movies in a genre.

• Like 2

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-v-superman-fallout-warner-895174

May 17, 2016 7:30pm PT by Borys Kit

'Batman v Superman' Fallout: Warner Bros. Shakes Up Executive Roles (Exclusive)

The fallout from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice continues to ripple through Warner Bros.

The Burbank-based studio is making changes to the way it handles its DC Entertainment-centered films, giving oversight of the feature projects to a pair of executives and creating a dedicated division for the films. Current exec vp Jon Berg and Geoff Johns, DC's CCO who successfully launched the comics label's foray into television, will co-run DC Films, according to multiple sources.

This move is part of a broader refinement of executive roles at Warners, which has suffered a disappointing run of movies and has vexed producers and filmmakers, some of whom complain about a murky greenlight process.

Further executive changes are anticipated, including a potential hire at the senior level.

With Berg and Johns, Warners is attempting to unify the disparate elements of the DC movies with a seasoned film exec and a comics veteran that together can hopefully emulate the way Marvel Studios has produced its films under the vision of president Kevin Feige. But sources also say Warners still wants to remain filmmaker-driven. As part of the new job, Berg and Johns will become producers on the Justice League movies.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

This is clearly too late to really affect the Justice League movies. 

Berg was already working on JL as well as SS and WW.

Oddly he and Johns will be reporting to different execs (not sure how that streamlines things) and it looks like Johns will still be involved with DC TV which means he's still going to be spread rather thin.

Also of note, HR says BvS's budget was over $300m and now states that the "major additional photography" on SS was to try and  "smooth out the third act".

Edited by TalismanRing