Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

•  
  •  
  •  

2018 Rogues list through mid-August:

#1-Thanos/Ebony Maw (Infinity War)

2. Skeletor (The First Purge) 🤣

3. Michael B Jordan's Killmonger (Black Panther)

4. Walton Goggins' Mathias Vogel (Tomb Raider)

5. Felix Kendrickson (Blackkklansman) 😂

6. Josh Brolin's Cable (Deadpool 2)

7. Megalodon (The Meg)

The Van Helsings

(Transtlvania 3)

Dave York

(The Equalizer 2)

10. Charlie Day's Doctor Newton (Pacific Rim: Uprising)

11. STEM The Computer Chip (Upgrade)

Juggernaut

(Deadpool 2)

13. Indo-Raptor (Jurassic World 2)

14. Janson (Maze Runner: The Death Cure)

15. Blind Creatures (A Quiet Place)

.       16.The New Founding Fathers (First Purge)

17. Patrolman Landers (Blackkklansman)

18. Anthony "Gas Pipe" Casso (Gotti)

Edited by OdinSon2k14

3 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I like Elba but seriously by the time he makes his first Bond film he'll be at least 50 years old.  He'd have to make a Bond film every 2 years to get 5 films in before he turns 60(which is not happening) unless they only plan on keeping him for a few films.  Craig started Bond when he was 38, he's 50 now and is looking a bit tired(I hope his final film is a smash hit).  Its weird to me how his age is almost never brought up in the media when it comes to him playing Bond.  

Cause Craig was hardly fresh faced when he was 38 - he was already craggy.

Agreed, Elba is too old now to start out as Bond and if they wanted him they'd have hired him for this film and not re-signed Craig.   

EON don't undercut their Bond when under contract. During negotiations or after they've left - yes- but during - no.

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Agreed, Elba is too old now to start out as Bond and if they wanted him they'd have hired him for this film and not re-signed Craig.   

I am not sure about that, even if you want to hire Elba that does not mean you say no to Craig that want to do an other one.

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

EON don't undercut their Bond when under contract. During negotiations or after they've left - yes- but during - no.

That make sense and also just in general the first non Craig Bond would be in so many year's anyway.

James Gunn...pictures of a party surface...Disney had to do it...you hire the guy back, something new surfaces, and you look like an idiot. Disney and Marvel have a 90 billion brand, focused at kids, to protect. 

I would just cancel Guardians 3...just quietly leave it off the phase 4 unveiling. Waititi is uh...open to Thor 4, uh 🙂... Its pretty obvious that any new director will be unfairly lashed out at by the Gunn fans. Marvel shouldn't even put Waititi, or whoever, in that position. Ant-Man faced a similar popular director issue, and that didnt hurt Marvel, but this is a lot more volatile 🙂

Marvel's putting it out there, that they're using Gunn's script, but that's not gonna stop the backlash aimed at the new director, and the film.

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

James Gunn...pictures of a party surface...Disney had to do it...you hire the guy back, something new surfaces, and you look like an idiot. Disney and Marvel have a 90 billion brand, focused at kids, to protect. 

I would just cancel Guardians 3...just quietly leave it off the phase 4 unveiling. Waititi is uh...open to Thor 4, uh 🙂... Its pretty obvious that any new director will be unfairly lashed out at by the Gunn fans. Marvel shouldn't even put Waititi, or whoever, in that position. Ant-Man faced a similar popular director issue, and that didnt hurt Marvel, but this is a lot more volatile 🙂

Marvel's putting it out there, that they're using Gunn's script, but that's not gonna stop the backlash aimed at the new director, and the film.

Yeah, let's just cancel a movie in a franchise that has already made over $1.5 billion between the first two movies. That sounds like a brilliant idea. Especially after giving them a large role in Infinity War which went on to make $2 billion singlehandedly.

Edited by poweranimals

54 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Yeah, let's just cancel a movie in a franchise that has already made over $1.5 billion between the first two movies. That sounds like a brilliant idea. Especially after giving them a large role in Infinity War which went on to make $2 billion singlehandedly.

Dude, in all likelihood, Marvel Studios will have X-Men, Fantatic Four, AND their iconic villains by the time Feige lifts the curtain on the phase 4 slate. 

1 hour ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Dude, in all likelihood, Marvel Studios will have X-Men, Fantatic Four, AND their iconic villains by the time Feige lifts the curtain on the phase 4 slate. 

Let's be honest though. It's probably gonna be phase 5 by the time those movies get made.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, Pure Spirit said:

The man who saved Bond

F8425_E21_58_CE_45_DB_9_DFD_242_E15_FFCB

I was not aware the Bond needed saving. Last time I looked, "SPectre" was a very profitable film for all concerned. It did not do the money that "Skyfall" did, but that was never in the cards (it did not have the 50th anniversary hype going for it). And, anyway we have one film more with Craig, who people seem to like fine as Bond.

I

18 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Let's be honest though. It's probably gonna be phase 5 by the time those movies get made.

I think the FOx Deal is why Feige is still probably formulating Wave 4. Anyway, it's not like he needs to do thing in waves at this point.

In a discussion of the rumored "Supergirl" movie, The Emperor of France made the statement that all Marvel TV shows have been failures.

Agents of Shield says hi.

I don't like the show very much myself, but is has lasted Four years, longer then most TV shows nowdays.

THat is the problem with being a over the top fan: It blinds you to reality and makes you say some stupid things.

So certain legit scoopers on Twitter are aluding to a Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) project being in the works. Either a show for the streaming service or a movie! The latter would be big news, but I wouldn't mind the former either. I'm excited!! Seems DC isn't ignoring the existence of Latinos like Marvel has lol.

27 minutes ago, dudalb said:

In a discussion of the rumored "Supergirl" movie, The Emperor of France made the statement that all Marvel TV shows have been failures.

Agents of Shield says hi.

I don't like the show very much myself, but is has lasted Four years, longer then most TV shows nowdays.

THat is the problem with being a over the top fan: It blinds you to reality and makes you say some stupid things.

Calling them failures was just a simplification, of course the reality is more nuanced.

But Agents of SHIELD started with huge ratings and dropped to below average numbers. It was one of the poorest performers on ABC schedule for a while, until they moved it to Fridays and the show's low ratings started to look fine.

The fact that this is Marvel's most successful one is why I posted that. With a different approach, DC has done much better on TV. They shouldn't be taking notes from Marvel's strategy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think the FOx Deal is why Feige is still probably formulating Wave 4. Anyway, it's not like he needs to do thing in waves at this point.

I'm sure Phase 4 is more or less mapped out at this point, but Feige (understandably so) doesn't want to release that information before Avengers 4 comes out.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Good point, Avenger 4 make any absence of news impossible to interpret because of obvious spoilers.

And it is turning out to be pretty convienent that Avengers 4 will open about the same time that Disney actually takes over Fox.

No, I don't think the timing was intentional,but it does give Feige  the option to figure out to what he does with the incoming franchises.

IMHO would not be surprised if he goes for a FF film as part of wave 4,,,the Fantastic Four can be easily added to the MCU...but will be more cautious about the X men.

• Like 1