Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Any new director Marvel brings in, to polish Guardians 3, will be met with an unfair and classless attack from Gunn fanboys. We all see this coming a mile away.

Theres ONE way Marvel can avoid this though 🙂. Within Marvel Studios are people that would be IMMUNE to any kind of Gunn fan  backlash.

Feige can avoid the trouble, by giving Guardians 3 to...GOD 🙂. AKA the RUSSOS. One, or both. They are the closest thing to god, among the Marvel fanbase. They will be so conflicted, and wont badmouth or boycott.

Dont put Waititi in this...did a wonderful job with Thor 3. He doesn't deserve to be the scapegoat pinata, over Gunn's firing.

Edited by OdinSon2k14

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You have to wonder if the whole Gunn controversy really matters except to a few fans.

If they bring out a GOGT movie, and it's good,the GA and most fans won't give a damn about the controversy.

Now imagine in 2020 or 2021 how little it will matter to the GA (maybe a bit more than it did for Ant-Man and Edgar Wright, Wright is much more beloved obviously but being a sequel make it a little bit bigger on the Gunn side) and we remember how little it did matter for Ant-Man.

But it could really matter for which director that would accept the gig (when talking about extremely rich people with many opportunity and project already planned in that window a la Waititi, Russos an co.), 

Not that they could ever lure him back, but giving GotG 3 to Edgar Wright and watching the Gunn fans and Wright stans go at it would be at least an amusing post-A4 distraction.

Edited by Horner

If they aren’t making Thor 4 and Waititi is willing then he would be the best person for the job IMO. 

And all this nonsense about Gunn fans being upset or whatever. I’m sure the few Gunn fans who are not Marvel fans skipping the movie isnt gonna put any dent in the BO of the movie. 

22 hours ago, AndyK said:

I don't watch any of the TV SH stuff, theyre all seem unwatchable to me.

Not a priority to me either...after watching the glitzy, big budget, special effects of movies, the tv shows are...rather bland. 

Due to budgets, the tv shows are more grounded and...ordinary. Agent Carter was just a time piece show. Agents of SHIELD had some supernatural elements, but at its core, it was a super powerless agent show. ZZZZZ

The Netflix shows are grounded...

That's why I was very interested in Inhumans! These were actual superhuman beings,and the effects were cable grade! 

It's funny that, when Marvel Studios first started the MCU, they used green screen post production CGI, but everything else was almost TV level. Costumes, paint only,  avoid effects heavy characters, or diminish their look...they'd spend money on the big Avengers blockbusters, but solos I'm talking about here. Scaled back....

That's not the case today, and while Marvel Studios is not quite at the effects level of other blockbuster studios, they've certainly become much better than their tv counterparts. 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

It's interesting they've gone for a cel shaded look for Star Wars Resistance rather than just plain old CGI like Rebels and Clone Wars.

I never liked the way they gave  up on Cel Animatation. It had, at it's best, a unique look and quality that you just can't get with CGI. it's like with a painting you get a quality and feel you don't get with Color Photography.

I am not saying Cel is Better then CGI, but that they are different and I don't think one should toally replace the other.

BTW if they use a computer to do a Cel style animation that's fine as long it has the Cel style.

4 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Not a priority to me either...after watching the glitzy, big budget, special effects of movies, the tv shows are...rather bland. 

Due to budgets, the tv shows are more grounded and...ordinary. Agent Carter was just a time piece show. Agents of SHIELD had some supernatural elements, but at its core, it was a super powerless agent show. ZZZZZ

The Netflix shows are grounded...

That's why I was very interested in Inhumans! These were actual superhuman beings,and the effects were cable grade! 

It's funny that, when Marvel Studios first started the MCU, they used green screen post production CGI, but everything else was almost TV level. Costumes, paint only,  avoid effects heavy characters, or diminish their look...they'd spend money on the big Avengers blockbusters, but solos I'm talking about here. Scaled back....

That's not the case today, and while Marvel Studios is not quite at the effects level of other blockbuster studios, they've certainly become much better than their tv counterparts. 

FOr a lot of us, being a Period Piece is why we like Agent Carter.......

Explain again why everything has to be set in 2018.

And what's wrong with a comic book storyline being "grounded" I maintain that some comic book charecters..like Batman and Daredevil..work better Grounded, with the Sci Fi element being kept down.

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I never liked the way they gave  up on Cel Animatation. It had, at it's best, a unique look and quality that you just can't get with CGI. it's like with a painting you get a quality and feel you don't get with Color Photography.

I am not saying Cel is Better then CGI, but that they are different and I don't think one should toally replace the other.

BTW if they use a computer to do a Cel style animation that's fine as long it has the Cel style.

2D animation still has a place, a lot of TV series are still made that way. 

Cel Shading work really well in games like Breath of the Wild but it's rarely been done in TV and movies. Disney experimented with it with shorts like Paperman and Feast but they've yet to do a movie that is cel shaded.

48 minutes ago, dudalb said:

FOr a lot of us, being a Period Piece is why we like Agent Carter.......

Explain again why everything has to be set in 2018.

And what's wrong with a comic book storyline being "grounded" I maintain that some comic book charecters..like Batman and Daredevil..work better Grounded, with the Sci Fi element being kept down.

They didn't give up on cell shading

You aren't just looking in the right places

38 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Cel Shading work really well in games like Breath of the Wild but it's rarely been done in TV and movies. Disney experimented with it with shorts like Paperman and Feast but they've yet to do a movie that is cel shaded.

2011 Poo movie was still made with cel animation I think, by hand not using shaders.

Bautista...stone cold idiot...sick tweets, pictures surface...guy's a closet pedo...say your piece, respectfully disagree, like your co-workers, and move on. 

Is this creep worth your big budget career?! He's done with Disney...done. Any entity associated with Disney. A dime a dozen muscle head actor, they'll drop him like a bad habit. 

He obviously doesn't have a publicist/agent, they 'd be like dude, you're protesting over a freakin' pedo!

Hell be on the sci fi channel movie of the week if he keeps this up. 

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1