Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Johns was DC's Feige for a while and Justice League was the first product of that, and you can see why he was removed from the job and given a single movie to produce.

I don't know what's the strategy now with the new guy, but I hope they get their s--- together. The DC universe is great and has potential to make so much money for WB.

Your inability to admit that how divisive Zack Snyder's version of the DCU was is truly incredible.

If WB was that happy with how the Snyderverse was performing, why did they bring in Johns in the first place for a major course correction?

You just can't admit how divisive BVS was.......

2 minutes ago, Hades said:

In an alternate universe, I would love to have seen....

Singer's Xmen 3

Nic Cage Superman

James Cameron Spiderman

Nic Cage Superman

Raimi's  Spiderman 4

Aronofsky's Bantman

Did I mention Nic Cage Superman

I find it amusing that one of the biggest Cameron fanboys here calls Cameron "Killer of Cape Movies" ,forgetting that for quite a while Cameron tried to get his version of Spiderman made.....

Just now, dudalb said:

I find it amusing that one of the biggest Cameron fanboys here calls Cameron "Killer of Cape Movies" ,forgetting that for quite a while Cameron tried to get his version of Spiderman made.....

Cape movies aren't inherently bad, some of the source material is great.

The onslaught of mediaocracy over and over again is where me and Jim draw the line, come on dudadabalab, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!

M7h7Mb7.jpg

• Haha 1

What film can realistically beat Avatar worldwide in the next ten years......:thinking:

Episode 7 and Infinity Wars were the best chance for Star Wars and Marvel........I was thinking Live action Lion King but its July release date kills its chances..Should have been a December release.

2 minutes ago, Hades said:

What film can realistically beat Avatar worldwide in the next ten years......:thinking:

Episode 7 and Infinity Wars were the best chance for Star Wars and Marvel........I was thinking Live action Lion King but its July release date kills its chances..Should have been a December release.

Your Lion King pick isn't a bad one.

Avatar 2 if it does 1 billion in China ?

Massive exchange rate change + market growth between now and 2027 could make it realistic for an Avenger type of success to reach that level, I imagine someone did calculate a gross estimate of Force Awaken or Infinity War using a 2009 exchange rate to see how close they would have got to Avatar 2.

If it become possible for an Hollywood blockbuster to do 600m-900m in China, that will also open the door quite a bit.

7 minutes ago, Hades said:

you purposely forgetting the most obvious answer?

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Your Lion King pick isn't a bad one.

Avatar 2 if it does 1 billion in China ?

Massive exchange rate change + market growth between now and 2027 could make it realistic for an Avenger type of success to reach that level, I imagine someone did calculate a gross estimate of Force Awaken or Infinity War using a 2009 exchange rate to see how close they would have got to Avatar 2.

If it become possible for an Hollywood blockbuster to do 600m-900m in China, that will also open the door quite a bit.

What's the point of changing for 2009 XR but not accounting for market sizes or adjusting for inflation.

21 minutes ago, Hades said:

Lion King has the best chance, June lacks a huge tentpole, Homecoming 2 will probably decrease DOM but stays flat or a slight increase WW, and the only real threat is Hobbs and Shaw which won’t be as big as F8te or F7 OS.

IX will likely be $100M give or take from Last Jedi and 4vengers 4ever will do more or less the same.

• Disbelief 1

31 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

you purposely forgetting the most obvious answer?

What's the point of changing for 2009 XR but not accounting for market sizes or adjusting for inflation.

Market size change from 2009 to 2018 is already reflected in a 2018 movie performance same for inflation.

The goal being for someone wanting an idea of what a Lion Kings or Avatar 2 could do in 2019/2020 if there is a exchange rate shift to what it was not so long ago.

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think the twiter campaign to force Disney to rehire Gunn might have backfired. Now DInsey management is thinking it basic power to make decisions is being challenged and that will just make them dig in their heels. They do not want to be put into the positions of being blackmailed by actors every time they make a production decision,and if that means maybe sacrificing a film or two so be it No studio wants to be seen as ceding basic production decisions to a mob of actors making a lot of angry tweets. I think behind the scenes, quite pressure would have worked a lot better.

Disney could have worse problems than pushy Marvel fans if the alt-right decides to go after Lin-Manuel Miranda during the mid-term elections.  They'd be attacking him for his support of President Obama's commutation of Oscar Lopez Rivera's sentence.  Rivera was one of the leaders of FALN, a group of communist Puerto Rican separatists who went on a bombing spree in the continental US in the late seventies, causing the deaths of five people.  

This sounds like a conspiracy theory, but it was an actual news story about a year and half ago:

https://www.newsweek.com/oscar-lopez-rivera-terrorist-some-hero-others-621949

It just got overshadowed by the fact that Obama had commuted Chelsea Manning's sentence at the same time, and his opponents prefered to focus on that.  I don't see the Republicans not bringing it up again now, though.  It's too good a way to paint the Democrats as weak on border security, soft on communism, and generally anti-American.

After the success the alt-right had with Gunn, they'd definitely try to involve Disney through the Mary Poppins movie, and they wouldn't want to settle for anything less than a firing.  The thing is, I don't think Disney could fire Miranda even if they wanted to.  He finished shooting months ago, his part sounds too big to cut, and as for reshooting his scenes, who could they find both able and willing to take the job?

9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Cape movies aren't inherently bad, some of the source material is great.

The onslaught of mediaocracy over and over again is where me and Jim draw the line, come on dudadabalab, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!

M7h7Mb7.jpg

Hold up !

Didn't they wreck a tree city in Avatar ?

12 hours ago, kdx125b said:

Disney could have worse problems than pushy Marvel fans if the alt-right decides to go after Lin-Manuel Miranda during the mid-term elections.  They'd be attacking him for his support of President Obama's commutation of Oscar Lopez Rivera's sentence.  Rivera was one of the leaders of FALN, a group of communist Puerto Rican separatists who went on a bombing spree in the continental US in the late seventies, causing the deaths of five people.  

This sounds like a conspiracy theory, but it was an actual news story about a year and half ago:

https://www.newsweek.com/oscar-lopez-rivera-terrorist-some-hero-others-621949

It just got overshadowed by the fact that Obama had commuted Chelsea Manning's sentence at the same time, and his opponents prefered to focus on that.  I don't see the Republicans not bringing it up again now, though.  It's too good a way to paint the Democrats as weak on border security, soft on communism, and generally anti-American.

After the success the alt-right had with Gunn, they'd definitely try to involve Disney through the Mary Poppins movie, and they wouldn't want to settle for anything less than a firing.  The thing is, I don't think Disney could fire Miranda even if they wanted to.  He finished shooting months ago, his part sounds too big to cut, and as for reshooting his scenes, who could they find both able and willing to take the job?

American politics are a bigger shithole than this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if the guy who photographed that picture of Cameron tearing up the Marvel logo are aware that Cameron was in talks for a number of years to do a Spiderman film?

That is what I dislike about a lot of the Cameron fanboys:They need to rip apart everything they see as competition to Cameron. Frankly, they remeind me of  Trump supporters in their blind worship.