Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I see that Jimbo just proved every thing I have been saying about over the top Cameron fans.

What is really sad is they have no idea of how silly they look to everybody who is not a Cameron fanboy, and even a lot of the more rational Cameron fans think they are silly.

Saying Trump wants to be a dictator shows you have zero grasp on rationality here lubbadubbadubdab. 

Cameron is objectively the greatest of all time. There is no blindness here. Only brute fact. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Just had a wet dream where Alita beat Black Panther to win "popular picture" oscar despite it being made purposely for Black Panther.

Well Infinity War and I2 are already better then BP. So Battle could be better as well. I doubt they will choose them over BP for PC reasons though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Not everyone who voted for Trump worship him. Many people voted for him just because they couldn't stand a woman being president.

Thats bollocks. I always refer people to this video for the most cleary thought set of reasoning.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You also have the Mickey Mouse Republicans, who would vote for Mickey Mouse for President if he was on the Republican ticket.

That could even be the vast majority of the voters at the presidential.

I fully get the you cannot infer much about someone voting Trump at the presidential, party line, not liking him but hating is competition, etc... 

In the primaries too, voting for him require different explanation.

8 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Well Infinity War and I2 are already better then BP. So Battle could be better as well. I doubt they will choose them over BP for PC reasons though.

Exactly why it would be shocking, as I said the award was made specifically for BP

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Cameron is objectively the greatest of all time. There is no blindness here. Only brute fact. 

lol, but does it take much other than luck to be in his position?  did the apple have to hit Newton on the head hard enough to convince him gravity exists?

3 minutes ago, dX airdry zid said:

lol, but does it take much other than luck to be in his position?  did the apple have to hit Newton on the head hard enough to convince him gravity exists?

Not entirely sure what you mean with the Newton analogy, so I'll only address the Jim part with a quote from the man himself... "Luck is not a factor." 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I would like to see the Cameron objectively greater than Chaplin, DeMille, Spielberg, Hitchcock, etc.. argument.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I would like to see the Cameron objectively greater than Chaplin, DeMille, Spielberg, Hitchcock, etc.. argument.

Box Office forum Barny, not auteur discussion of artsy subjectivity. Highest Grossing Film of ALL TIME = Avatar = Jim Cameron

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Box Office forum Barny, not auteur discussion of artsy subjectivity. Highest Grossing Film of ALL TIME = Avatar = Jim Cameron

Yeah and even at the box office, they had bigger movie than him no ? That why I just put people with giant box offices success in that list.

Movies traveled and played really well in the silent era in all markets vs now.

14 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Not entirely sure what you mean with the Newton analogy, so I'll only address the Jim part with a quote from the man himself... "Luck is not a factor." 

Isaac Newton gets hit in the head with an apple and is the first one to formulate derivation for existing gravity.

Sci-fi movies that please/nourish masses directed by James Cameron(Spielberg)?  

I think James Cameron has a god-like following like Schwarzenegger and Leonardo DiCaprio.  Anything they touch or do becomes symbolized despite talent or anything else.

I think Christopher Nolan would be a good case for strong objective movie director.  His experiment with Dunkirk seemed effective in bringing WWII to life.  The effect in Nolan pictures is much stronger and changing than anywhere else IMO.

Edited by dX airdry zid

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

James Cameron is undeniably one of the greatest filmmakers of all time, along with Hitchcock, Kubrick, Spielberg, Snyder and others.

SNyder one of the greatest of all time?

ROTFLMAO at that one.

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

That's a large part of what is wrong with American politics. 

Gross, false blanket generalizations. 

About 40-45% of Americans voted for him. Are all of them racist? A large part? Some small minority that gets lots of media coverage and not associated with the rest? 

At least 90% of them are discriminatory even If they do not admit it or dont know it.

• Haha 1