Jump to content
Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Recommended Posts

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

At least 90% of them are discriminatory even If they do not admit it or dont know it.

Discrimination isn't by itself a bad thing though... I mean, we openly discriminate against the young with voting ages, the illiterate with words, and against the less educated with need of experience. To just say that people discriminate is basically saying nothing at all. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And what is this Objectively Cameron is the Greatest of All Time Bullshit?

Objective my ass,in the end any judgement of artistic value is subjuctive.

I overall  like Cameron (though I am not a big fan of Avatar,one of his weakest films)  but he is not on the same level as Hitchock, David Lean,Scorsese,Eisenstein, and a few others.

Unless you pull the old "Money equals artistic quality" argument, which will get you laughed at on most movie webpages.

let's put it his way: Let's see Cameron make a serious drama which does not relay heavily on special effects and see what happens.

Edited by dudalb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Discrimination isn't by itself a bad thing though... I mean, we openly discriminate against the young with voting ages, the illiterate with words, and against the less educated with need of experience. To just say that people discriminate is basically saying nothing at all. 

They discriminate against specific social groups.

(Didnt just wanna focus on race)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

They discriminate against specific social groups.

(Didnt just wanna focus on race)

And so do you, and so do I, I care almost zero for the social group of toddlers, they do not come into my world. Ergo, I discriminate against them. I write most of the time and would never hire someone illiterate. 

 

1 in 10 people worldwide cannot read this very sentence, with it I am discriminating against 10% of ALL PEOPLE. As I said FB, discrimination isn't by itself a bad thing, it is in fact unavoidable. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am beginning to think I am dealing with the kind of people who have seen a film made before they are born, and never see anything but big budget "nerd" type films, and think that is something to boast about.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

And so do you, and so do I, I care almost zero for the social group of toddlers, they do not come into my world. Ergo, I discriminate against them. I write most of the time and would never hire someone illiterate. 

 

1 in 10 people worldwide cannot read this very sentence, with it I am discriminating against 10% of ALL PEOPLE. As I said FB, discrimination isn't by itself a bad thing, it is in fact unavoidable. 

You understamd very well what Im saying. Good points but still my statement iwnt quite challenged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Let's see Cameron make a serious drama which does not relay heavily on special effects and see what happens.

I'd prefer to see you make a coherent post that doesn't look like the ramblings of a mad man, that isn't based on emotion, imagine what would happen. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I am beginning to think I am dealing with the kind of people who have seen a film made before they are born, and never see anything but big budget "nerd" type films, and think that is something to boast about.

I'll be you 10 thousand dollars I've seen more movies than you labbadabbadubbudumbdab. 

  • Astonished 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dX airdry zid said:

Do you have any opinions on discrimination towards ageism? 

Like having decades of experience over someone else and the vote those decades of experience holds over first generations.

If undoing life gained has to be an option?

100%. I have a problem with lifeism, why do we openly discriminate against the dead? Where does it say the President elect has to be alive? 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

100%. I have a problem with lifeism, why do we openly discriminate against the dead? Where does it say the President elect has to be alive? 

So your saying absolute law and choice rests in the minds of the elders?  etched in stone?

Edited by dX airdry zid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is it that drives duddab to criticise the Jim gang whenever dublub can?

 

Could it be because dudedab is Star Wars or Marvel fan hurt by Jim gang calling out mediocrity?

 

Perhaps an Avatar hater who thinks "it did'nt derserve that gross".

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.