Jump to content
Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

So you're saying the GWRB is excluding international releases? Huh, seems a little xenophobic to me. 

Why the fuck are you talking about Xenophobia?

 

are you a half wit, or are you just being a asshole ?

 

Wolf Warrior is a Chinese studio, it reports in Yaun , the studio adds up its inflation adjusted revenue in Yaun, then converts to US$ if you wish to see an equivalent.

 

What is so difficult to understand about simple math ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AndyK said:

Why the fuck are you talking about Xenophobia?

 

are you a half wit, or are you just being a asshole ?

 

Wolf Warrior is a Chinese studio, it reports in Yaun , the studio adds up its inflation adjusted revenue in Yaun, then converts to US$ if you wish to see an equivalent.

 

What is so difficult to understand about simple math ?

*an asshole and it's spelled Yuan. I think you need to get your basic English down before you start trying to understand Math. 

 

You're the one who doesn't seem to understand exchange rates and inflation. Like I said before, Wolf Warrior 2, if it were released at the same time as GwtW would make over 10B dollars adjusted (using your own GWRB logic). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

*an asshole and it's spelled Yuan. I think you need to get your basic English down before you start trying to understand Math. 

 

You're the one who doesn't seem to understand exchange rates and inflation. Like I said before, Wolf Warrior 2, if it were released at the same time as GwtW would make over 10B dollars adjusted (using your own GWRB logic). 

You have no idea how to add up !

 

Go away !

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having trouble finding the value of Chinese Currency from 1864, but I do have GBP/USD rates shown here:

 

DDmoGT2.png

 

Which again using the inflation adjusted logic of the GWRB shows that if we released Avatar and assume that the dollar is worth 1RMB (because why not) we can assume that if Avatar were released in 1864 it would have managed to gross well over 200 Billion Dollars world wide

 

 

Edited by JamesCameronScholar
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading JCS trying to educate Americans who dont understan basic way of money is a great way to start the day 

 

although jcs I think yuo are wasting your time xD they never learn 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, aabattery said:

Moderation:

 

This is the fanboy thread, not the politics thread. Keep that stuff to the relevant subforum.

 

@dudalb has been threadbanned for one week for derailing the thread.

 

This makes me wonder what a Fanboy thread from a Politics website will look like. Will it be worse than this thread or not.

 

And BTW which field has the worst fanboys? Movies, Gaming, Politics?

Edited by vc2002
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'm having trouble finding the value of Chinese Currency from 1864, but I do have GBP/USD rates shown here:

 

DDmoGT2.png

 

Which again using the inflation adjusted logic of the GWRB shows that if we released Avatar and assume that the dollar is worth 1RMB (because why not) we can assume that if Avatar were released in 1864 it would have managed to gross well over 200 Billion Dollars world wide

 

 

No it wouldn't because you haven't inflation adjusted downwards back to 1864.

 

The right answer is that it would be exactly the same whatever year it was released in.

 

Some suggested reading for you

 

https://www.basic-mathematics.com/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Box Office Theory Fan said:

Reading JCS trying to educate Americans who dont understan basic way of money is a great way to start the day 

 

although jcs I think yuo are wasting your time xD they never learn 

I am not american, you have no idea who I am or what I do.

 

I can tell you though. that when it comes to math, I have probably forgotten more than you guys have ever known.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AndyK said:

The right answer is that it would be exactly the same whatever year it was released in.

 

You made the claim that GwtW made $3.6B adjusted for inflation. Now you're saying a movie would make the same amount whatever year it was released in. 

 

I give up. You patently have zero understanding of what inflation actually is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:
19 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

And BTW which field has the worst fanboys? Movies, Gaming, Politics?


politics>sports>games>comics>movies>music>.....>everything else>....>porn

 

Porn has fanboys? I mean what are they fanboying about. Who has the better boobs or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

You made the claim that GwtW made $3.6B adjusted for inflation. Now you're saying a movie would make the same amount whatever year it was released in. 

 

I give up. You patently have zero understanding of what inflation actually is. 

Jeez, it like trying to teach math to children,

 

Just compound the inflation rate for each year to get the total inflation between any two years.

 

If a film made 1bn in 2010 and there was 100% inflation between 2010 and 1980, then it would have made 500m in 1980 and ~1.1bn in 2018

 

Inflation adjustment is the equivalent in TODAYS money !

 

Whatever year Avatar was released, 1939 or 2009 it would still have made $3Bn in TODAYS money !

 

What is so difficult to understand?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The way inflation is measured is just raw. To find the real equivalent you need to take into consideration many more angles, and way more data, from simple things like the compared size of the according market (quantity), to more complex ones like purchasing power in relation to other nations.

Theoretically, the longer you go back, the less complex the market looks, making the raw translation to today's value huge. 

For example, the Dutch East India Company would be worth like 8 trillion if it existed today, in raw conversions.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.