Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, dX airdry zid said:

fascinating.  is Mar-Vell in the MCU?  any integration for that answer?

The integration is mainly, who else would he be?  The main argument I've heard against that is, why wouldn't Marvel just say so if he's Mar-Vell?  (I think they're not saying he's Mar-Vell because it would make it too obvious what the plot was, especially once they revealed Starforce is involved.)  

But Carol got her powers from having her DNA fused with Mar-Vell's.  If they changed that, it would change her origin more drastically than any other major hero so far has had their origin changed, and Marvel's big thing is being broadly faithful to the source material. 

At most, they might not call him Mar-Vell, but he would still effectively be Mar-Vell.  Jude Law talks about the character without naming him in this article:

https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/06/jude-law-teases-character-captain-marvel/

A devout warrior with a special relationship to Carol?  Learning to control emotions and use powers wisely?  That's Mar-Vell.

1 hour ago, dX airdry zid said:

well there is one thing Winnie the Pooh thinks that connects him with everyone else in the world.

….and that is..... hunger.

Well, yes.  That's why if Marvel ever made a Swarm movie with Winnie the Pooh as a supporting character -- Don't laugh, it could happen!  Theoretically. -- they wouldn't say that the character's name was Winnie the Pooh, because everyone would immediately be able to see where that was going.

Blogcdn-bizarreswarm.jpg

rAZXBWb.jpg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

You spelled Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom wrong.

For all is fault, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom seem to be quite useless on Netflix, kind of movie that see it in theater or not at all imo and it was well shot by Bayona/Faura. It did feel like a movie and a big one.

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

Ant man and the wasp is one of the worst movies I’ve seen this year.  That shit belongs on Netflix. 

Suggesting movie going above 500m at the box office belong on Netflix....

• Like 1

Tessa Thompson/Valkyrie comes to mind, not sure who else in a "major" role.

Also Ian Mckellen/Magneto but I guess he's talking MCU specifically.

So what new Marvel characters are coming up in phase 4 and who could be cast ?

Edited by AndyK

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

Tessa Thompson/Valkyrie comes to mind, not sure who else in a "major" role.

Also Ian Mckellen/Magneto but I guess he's talking MCU specifically.

So what new Marvel characters are coming up in phase 4 and who could be cast ?

Some will probably blame Isaac Perlmutter as usual for this......:redcapes:

Marvel are paying the price for being the biggest movie franchise...People are going to demand Asian lead Marvel films LGBT, Actors and Character movies..More Female lead films.......Less white leads called Chris...I hope Feige and co are ready....

They brought this upon themselves with their success and now they have to deal with the pressure from all corners.