Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I saw some nobody site post about it and thought "Ha, that can't be real."

Then I saw THR and said out loud "OH SHIT."

"Superman is like James Bond, and after a certain run you have to look at new actors," 

I mean, I guess, and I'm not super hip to Superman movie lore, but the guy in the 2000's movies got at least two solo movies, right?

Truly disappointed as I love Superman and was hoping for more of him soon. Guess that’s not happening. 

Someone royally fucked up here in the negotiations cause this is nothing but a PR mess now. Obviously the character is bigger then the actor but I don’t feel this was the right time to recast.

It will be interesting to see how development moves along for super girl now. 

• Like 3

I never liked Cavill's Superman, but I don't think he was my problem with the portrayal.  I think he was doing the best with what he was given and what he was given just didn't work for me, so I'll kind of miss that he didn't get the chance to really do something with such an iconic character.  I do agree that they just need to let the DCEU breathe for a bit other than what they have in the works and the one thing that is working (WW).  Just get some distance then come back strong.  Such great characters and stories to tell there, but I think they just blew their chance this time and need to step back for a bit.

• Like 2

Not surprised tbh. Another Superman film was not on the cards in the near future. Now maybe both parties can reach an agreement later in the future but it is most likely that WB will recast and when they eventually do another team up it'll be with the new Batman and Superman actors. 

A shame cause I liked Man of Steel quite a bit and was looking forward to seeing more of Cavill's evolution. BvS made some questionable decisions with his character I felt but still thought Cavill had a great Superman in him. Now it seems like we won't get that chance. Superman is a tough character to get right but it's mind-boggling how clueless WB seems to be on how to use Superman. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think they should honestly just start over. Get the rest you have making (WW2, Shazam!, Aquaman, Joker and Birds Of Prey) and either wait 5 years and start over.

Eh. WW is fine, keep making those, no reason to stop even if everything else has gone to shit. See how the others do and go from there. DCEU is dead, but it doesn't mean you trash the parts that are working well.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think they should honestly just start over. Get the rest you have making (WW2, Shazam!, Aquaman, Joker and Birds Of Prey) and either wait 5 years and start over.

They missed their window a bit with Birds of Prey being farther along now. Should have wiped everything but WW from the canon about 9 months ago and started fresh from a base of WW and WW84.    

I liked Cavill in UNCLE and Fallout, looking forward to him as Geralt. Feel like DC suffers a lot more than he does here — the only major recastings in a major universe before this were Terence Howard and Edward Norton, each after one movie and playing less important characters.

Edited by Thanos Legion

Honestly, I'm surprised Ezra hasn't separated from The Flash role. But I guess you can't have schedule conflicts with a movie that doesn't have anything to shoot.

https://theplaylist.net/michael-b-jordan-superman-supergirl-20180912/

Yes, the report says that Jordan’s name has been bandied about as a possible Superman…down the line.

So this article really has no point, but interesting how soon this came out.