Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

WB is being reactionary again, they now want their own black led comic book movie akin to Black Panther which made 1.3B WW and they see this as a perfect opportunity to do it. Same thing happened after the first Avengers and them rushing to get Avengers money by rushing the DCeU movies leading up to a JL movie. 

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

sarcastic about ray fisher's revelatory performance? never! you think i was kidding in my praise of the man who i definitely didn't google just before hitting submit on that post to make sure i remembered his name right? c'mon you're going too far.

:hahaha:

35 minutes ago, Frozen said:

So are they just going to reboot the whole franchise? Because Michael B. Jordan just suddenly showing up as Cavill’s character in this world would be super weird. 

no more weird than any actor who isn't Cavill. the role is recastable. Black, white, doesn't matter. It's a different face, same character. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I think you mean Brandon Routh. He had only 1 movie. And good riddance too. Guy was an eye candy but was bland as fuck

Random thought here, Routh was on a soap opera that I watched, and looks aside, I was FLOORED when he got Superman. I mean, I proudly love my soaps, but when a guy stands out as bad among actors in the teen/college/young adult set on a daytime drama? You might not want him to headline your tentpole box office blockbuster. :sparta: (Having said that, the writing for that movie wasn’t exactly inspired, so...)

I don’t have strong feelings about Cavill (or Affleck) staying. I just wish I felt more certain that either of them leaving, if they do, meant that DC/WB had a clear idea of what they are going to do going forward with these characters and their stories.

Edited by mattie08
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Someone from another forum says Henry wanted to much money and WB showed him the door. That's likely true cause these shake-ups mostly happen when a star overprices himself/herself. 

I imagine it is a bit of a circle, a bit like Will smith on Independance Day sequel.

You ask for so much money because you do not mind not doing the movie (and that what give you the power to ask for too much)

• Like 2