Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 hours ago, Hades said:

Black Panther.....:thinking:

If Black Panther deserves Oscar recognition is up to debate.

But the visual effects oscar for the marvel film with the worst effects since Thor 2? Nope.

• Like 2

If Wonder Woman was MCU-ized her film would have been turned into a Steve Trevor film and Diana reduced to a 5-minute screentime role as the girlfriend.

Luckily for us Wonder Woman was something unique with a lot of heart, emotion and romance. A real game changer. 

Thank you Zack Snyder and Patty Jenkins for changing the world.

:bravo:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

If Wonder Woman was MCU-ized her film would have been turned into a Steve Trevor film and Diana reduced to a 5-minute screentime role as the girlfriend.

Luckily for us Wonder Woman was something unique with a lot of heart, emotion and romance. A real game changer. 

The spin some of you have to put in DC having to copy marvel is hilarious. 

25 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You deliver the best parody posts i think. I highly enjoy them so pls dont stop. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was re-watching some of Wonder Woman this morning. And damn the no-man's land scene is better than any individual scene the MCU has ever done. So uplifting, powerful, resonant, well-crafted, and the musical score fits so perfectly with it like no other CBM since maybe Spider-Man and Elfman

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I was re-watching some of Wonder Woman this morning. And damn the no-man's land scene is better than any individual scene the MCU has ever done. So uplifting, powerful, resonant, well-crafted, and the musical score fits so perfectly with it like no other CBM since maybe Spider-Man and Elfman

Its for certain one of the most iconic comic books shots of the decade.

However personally think the Avengers Circle Shot checks all those boxes easily. 

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I am not sure about the No Man's Land scene being better then any scene the MCU has done ( I think the Battle of New York in "The Avengers" is the single best CBM action scene) but, yeah, the No Man's Land scenes in WW is great.

What I liked is that the production designers really did their homework,and were very accurate in World War One scenes,particurlay in the weaponary.

25 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

You deliver the best parody post

43 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

The spin some of you have to put in DC having to copy marvel is hilarious. 

Yeah, the Emperor of France is always good for a laugh.

And he seems blissfully ignorant that DC is screaming "HEY! LOOK! OUR MOVIES ARE FUN AGAIN AND NOT DARK AND GLOOMY" in their marketing.

He also seems not to get that Snyder has pretty much been kicked upstairs as far as the DCU is concerned. Given a fancy title but little real power or influence.

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I am not sure about the No Man's Land scene being better then any scene the MCU has done ( I think the Battle of New York in "The Avengers" is the single best CBM action scene) but, yeah, the No Man's Land scenes in WW is great.

What I liked is that the production designers really did their homework,and were very accurate in World War One scenes,particurlay in the weaponary.

The weaponery, i give you that. Also the general scenery.

Everything else about the villains in Wonder Woman i personally hated. I especially hated how the film portrayed the german high command of WW1 basically as nazis. When you want Nazis as antagonists use WW2 as your setting goddamnit. And i hated how they used a real historical person (Erich von Luddendorf) as a quasi nazi-parody "evil" general.

Thats my personal rambling. I dont ever expect Hollywood to portay anything pre 1990 as even remotely accurate, especially when the setting is not in the US. But i cant overlook it in Wonder Woman. Which is a shame since i loved Gald Gadots and Chris Pines chemistry. When these two shared a scene, the film really shines.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Thor coming back shouting " Bring Me Thanos" while punching  1000 aliens with Stormbreaker is the ultimake Fuck Yeah moment in superhero history.

It makes me want to break stuff.

I'm not sure I've ever heard a louder roar during an MCU film than at the midnight show (remember those?) opening night when this and then this happened:

tenor.gif?itemid=4679407avddd.gif

I feels like that's the moment when the MCU really, truly arrived.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

I'm not sure I've ever heard a louder roar during an MCU film than at the midnight show (remember those?) opening night when this and then this happened:

tenor.gif?itemid=4679407avddd.gif

I feels like that's the moment when the MCU really, truly arrived.

No doubt, always said here the 360 shot was iconic.

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Its for certain one of the most iconic comic books shots of the decade.

However personally think the Avengers Circle Shot checks all those boxes easily. 

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

I wouldn’t disagree with either of you. TA shot is definitely more iconic, but the WW sequence I think is more powerful from a storytelling and emotional standpoint. That scene, for me at least, speaks more closely to the power of human bravery, testament, and valor. While TA shot is definitely cool as hell, it’s more of a “fuck yeah” moment that anything else.