Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

The VFX work in Aquaman is absurdly good. Trailers do it a disservice for sure. I feel like it's gonna hit $350m+, an audience crowd pleaser for sure, only issue with its mainstream appeal rn seems like its length

Avengers: Endgame directors explain why Superman is "difficult" to get right

The Russos talk about adapting the Man of Steel for film

In an interview with Business Insider, Joe Russo said that the Man of Steel was "a very difficult character", adding: "You have to find an emotional flaw or weakness in the character in order to make them vulnerable."

Anthony expanded on this point, stating: "The more powerful a character is, the more difficult [it is] to deal with that character on a narrative level.

"As storytellers, and the way we explore characters, we always look for vulnerabilities in characters because that's where characters become interesting. They're superficially interesting in their strength, but they get much more depth when you find where they don't have that kind of strength.

"In general, the more powerful a character is, the more tricky that is."

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a25569385/avengers-endgame-directors-explain-why-superman-is-difficult-to-get-right/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

That sucks. Marvel/Disney are truly evil. No wonder humanity is becoming more horrible with each generation. This company has poisoned our kids for decades. I hope activists who fight against sexism and racism realize who's the real enemy.

I'm glad I didn't grow up watching Disney movies or reading Marvel comics.

• ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

No wonder humanity is becoming more horrible with each generation.

You speak a lot of idiotic things, but this takes the cake.

The adveristy newer generations in the west face compared to the adversity their progenitors (or people in non advanced countries)  have faced is minimum. You think you are oppressed because not enough superheroes in movies share the same gender with you? Meanwhile, everyone and their grandmother in Europe/US/West have an iphone/samsung etc that someone in Phillipines works 18 hours per day for peanuts to make, half the countries that had the "luck" to have oil/natural resources have been invaded by our precious leaders, and I could go on for ages  but you get the point. Join the rest of us in reality please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

half the countries that had the "luck" to have oil/natural resources have been invaded by our precious leaders, and I could go on for ages  but you get the point. Join the rest of us in reality please.

Please stop falling for communist propaganda if you're gonna try to sound deep. 

Russia, China and co are far more responsible for all that's happening in countries with oil than the western world. 

I know western leaders are trash, but this mentality that everything that's wrong with the world is America's fault needs to stop. 

• ...wtf 1

6 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

If anyone can translate Barnack/Jimbo's 'argument' that'd be really useful for me to try and parse this entire thing. 

It seems quite obvious that 'critics' do get pressured in certain ways, that's been the case for years. Although the actual tangible evidence for it is sparse it's hard not to say that a critic will not be influenced by factors outside of their control (fear of repercussions is a rather obvious one). 

Although, I wouldn't expect Jimbo to argue over mere speculation in the first place - the only facts that matter are concrete ones e.g. The money that a movie measurably makes at the box office. 

This also ignores the fact that Barnack has shown in the past his inability to understand some rather basic logical arguments (see our discussion around Logical Positivism and Eliminative Materialism). :Gaga:

at ;least emglish is your firsty language try understanding it as a second xD 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Really? 

I’m amazed at that. I don’t get what was so much more visually different from Infinity War to Civil War tbh. The stunts and fight scenes are fine but I mean in terms of environments, CGI, world building, details. 

This is another level, in visuals, shots and technology. Since Avatar. 

Infinity War is absolutely a spectacle feast. And I'm not saying this to detract from Aquaman, Aquaman might be the most impressive spectacle driven "solo" superhero film of all time. It's definitely something that you'll want to see it on IMAX like others have pointed out here. I expect VERY strong legs for this, and I'm calling this now:

Poppins might have her crown stolen this holiday as the biggest movie domestic wise. And yes, I'm going it there. Here's the Schmoes Know spoiler free review:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Really? 

I’m amazed at that. I don’t get what was so much more visually different from Infinity War to Civil War tbh. 

-Thanos himself

-the battle of Wakanda

-the battle of Titan

-the monumental cast of characters 

-the scale of the film

-the different planets and locations 

There is simply a lot that was different and way bigger than Civil War. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Very confused, is this another language barrier thing? So far he showed data from a dataset that isn't relavent to the point and was unable to understand what terrortrail was able to say. Then does 3 paragraphs above without answering the question.

Anyone can ramble.

What the hell ?

Someone say:

Disney movie have higher review from critics relative to their audience score.

I present has data the last 100 or so movie reviewed on metacritic for each studio ratio between their MC score and MC audience score, how that not relevant to the point.

And I am really 100% certain I understood very well everything people said are you didn't.

When someone say: That show that the higher critical score isn't 100%from buying bougth, see disney movie have an higher average score, that does not mean they are not bought, that mean that some of the delta can be explained otherwise. this is simple logic.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AndyK said:

That part is hilarious and so revealing:

However, as expected, Martel had hesitations with the project, “They also told me ‘don’t worry about the action scenes, we will take care of that.’ I was thinking, well I would love to meet Scarlett Johansson but also I would love to make the action sequences,” Martel said.

"Visionary" film-making at its finest. :sparta:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

That part is hilarious and so revealing:

"Visionary" film-making at its finest. :sparta:

Not a lot of directors go in intricate details of action sequences, that s what people don't understand with these giant movies.

Same for VFX work.

2nd Unit directors are most of the times the directors of the action sequences.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Not a lot of directors go in intricate details of action sequences, that s what people don't understand with these giant movies.

Same for VFX work.

2nd Unit directors are most of the times the directors of the action sequences.

Even on non-giant movie, if your have horse/cars/etc... involved you get serious help to keep it safe and actually do it.

Main SFX guy often also act as the director.

But there is a difference between directing them or not and not actively participating in there design, goal and so on.

Edited by Barnack

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Even on non-giant movie, if your have horse/cars/etc... involved you get serious help to keep it safe and actually do it.

Main SFX guy often also act as the director.

From what I understand the Russos Bros didn't have time to review the VFX work on A IW and the VFX supervisor was the go to guy for all VFX houses working on the film.

56 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

From what I understand the Russos Bros didn't have time to review the VFX work on A IW and the VFX supervisor was the go to guy for all VFX houses working on the film.

Disgusting. Jim would never let this happen.